Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:57:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689608
  • Total Topics: 118286
  • Online Today: 662
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Hassles with Hasslefree - merged issues thread  (Read 69774 times)

Offline Andrew Rae

• Mad Scientist
    • Statuesque Miniatures
Re: Hasslefree now a hassle? Order received - others still have problems...
« Reply #150 on: December 05, 2018, 04:42:22 PM »
Not really. If an international parcel goes missing I still claim with Royal Mail.

Edit: Ah wait I see what you mean. No, the Royal Mail numbers are for items sent via RM, not inbound items. I was wondering if they included items sent from UK to abroad.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 04:45:51 PM by Andrew Rae »

Offline Reboot Guillotine

• Assistant
« Reply #151 on: December 06, 2018, 02:12:21 AM »
Wow, this thread really took off while I was gone.  This is fascinating info, and it lends credence to my recent suspicion about not getting that ebay order from the UK before my present issue with Hasslefree.  I used to order from UK all the time and never had trouble but as of right now I've received none of the orders I placed with three merchants recently (though the gentleman at Otherworld Miniatures did finally email me back saying he's a little behind schedule).  I went ahead and placed Paypal disputes with HF so I don't end up losing $450.  Please know however, Mr. Reynolds, if you happen to read this that I would love for your company to make a profit while I would love to take ownership of some sexy miniature ladies, if we can just get to the bottom of this...

Offline Andrew Rae

• Mad Scientist
    • Statuesque Miniatures
« Reply #152 on: December 06, 2018, 10:56:18 AM »
For a bit of context of the numbers in the article I linked above, Royal Mail handled 11.1 billion letters in 2017/18 and 2.4 billion parcels and received just over 1 million complaints. The increase in Denial of Receipt is worrying, but Lost items did decrease. The likelihood of suffering a lost item is still very, very low. That doesn't make it any less annoying when it does happen, and a lack of response from the retailer is always unacceptable.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0027/128268/Annual-monitoring-update-postal-market-2017-18.pdf

It would be a shame if a thread about the performance of one retailer led to a decrease in confidence in the UK mini industry in general.

(This pdf also answered my query about international items as International Loss was included in the numbers for the first time, at 2.1% of complaints)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 11:03:39 AM by Andrew Rae »

Offline mcfonz

• Mastermind
    • Poison Spurs - blog and reviews
« Reply #153 on: December 06, 2018, 01:03:19 PM »
I wouldn't mind seeing a comparison to those stats for other nations postal systems. I'd put money on some of them being as bad if not worse . . .

RP Tabletop Blog:

RP vlog channel: https://www.youtube.com/@RandomPlatypus

Offline Cubs

• Galactic Brain
  • "I simply cannot survive without beauty ..."
« Reply #154 on: December 06, 2018, 07:09:56 PM »
Yeah, true as well. As much as there has been a rise in these lost items, it's still a rare occurrence.
'Sir John ejaculated explosively, sitting up in his chair.' ... 'The Black Gang'.

Paul Cubbin Miniature Painter

Offline Annie

• Mad Scientist
  • "Down with this sort of thing!" (Careful now)
    • Bad Squiddo Games
« Reply #155 on: December 14, 2018, 04:07:50 AM »
Of the thousands I send out a year, an incredibly small amount go missing. About 2 this year (which I replaced of course). A few more  went missing but came back due to customer error (put in old address etc). Actual awol parcels is so low to not even worry about in terms of it being a thing.

I didn't want to wade in either but as Andrew said,  the thread was going a bit "don't order from the UK" scary, and we're actually fine. Please keep buying stuff!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 04:12:07 AM by Annie »

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #156 on: December 14, 2018, 05:51:40 AM »
I buy from the UK all the time (actually, almost all of my minis and 'physical' games purchases), and and AFAIR only once had a delivery fail (over 10 years ago, I think). It was replaced by the sender.

So, yes, no big issues, as far as I can tell.
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #157 on: December 14, 2018, 06:35:37 AM »
Me also. I think I've only had the 1 fail, maybe 2. Saying that twice this year (last 2 months actually) things have gone slightly wrong but that was this end, once delivered to the wrong address (got it), once mishandled in customs (nothing missing or damaged though).

• Assistant
« Reply #158 on: December 15, 2018, 12:41:51 AM »
On a good note, my stuff from Otherworld Miniatures showed up today and it's gorgeous!

• Assistant
« Reply #159 on: December 15, 2018, 12:53:05 AM »
Not so good news: I sent messages to Hasslefree through PayPal on the 5th and haven't heard anything, so I guess this weekend I'll elevate it to a "dispute" or whatever it's called.

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
« Reply #160 on: December 15, 2018, 05:21:40 PM »
I had reason to contact them because of an overdue order last week (it turns out I should have checked the website first, which explained the problem ;D)

I emailed bwartemis@gmail.com and got a reply within 48 hours, so it's worth a try. They have mentioned that their spam filters seem over-zealous, but I used my gmail address and didn't have any problems.

• Assistant
« Reply #161 on: December 15, 2018, 11:51:26 PM »
That's what's so bizarre.  I've emailed bwartemis and the other Hasslefree email addresses ("orders" and "admin") seven times from my own gmail address, plus the messages through Paypal.  No response.

Offline Vampifan

• Scientist
    • Vampifan's World of the Undead
« Reply #162 on: December 16, 2018, 01:12:19 PM »
That's what's so bizarre.  I've emailed bwartemis and the other Hasslefree email addresses ("orders" and "admin") seven times from my own gmail address, plus the messages through Paypal.  No response.

Ditto. They really ought to get this mess sorted out. I've been waiting three months for a single figure. To say I'm disgusted with Hasslefree is an understatement!

Offline swampedbybunnies

• Assistant
« Reply #163 on: December 23, 2018, 12:25:32 PM »
Glad I found this forum thread.

I ordered some of the winter mini kickstarter, and earlier in the year got an email asking which minis I wanted. I duly responded and then days later got the same queries again. I replied again: repeat process six or eight times till eventually I gave up. Clearly their system wasn't working, but I had many other things to paint.

Fast forward several months and now I actually need the minis I wanted, so I emailed them with the problem. No reply after a week, so tried again, and then today spotted this thread.

Historically I'd had no problem with HF, which is why I trusted a kickstarter. But reading all this, the situation is that I won't order anything again until they respond and I'm satisfied I'll get decent customer service.

The only recent time I've had an issue with another company was when I thought I was a mini short from Annie at Bad Squiddo: I wasn't - the mini had kamikaze dived into my waste bin when I opened the packet. But Annie had responded on the same day if I recall - that is good customer service, from a similarly small company.

But HF are going to lose customers hand over fist if this isn't resolved.

• Assistant
« Reply #164 on: December 24, 2018, 01:57:57 AM »
I placed a dispute with Paypal and Dameon (bwartemis@gmail.com) emailed me within a couple a hours.  We have been emailing back and forth over the last several days.  Basically, the orders weren't shipped and can't be before the Paypal dispute timer counts down (due to the holiday) so we're trying to come to some agreement.  I will provide a summary once everything is resolved.