Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:39:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Hassles with Hasslefree - merged issues thread  (Read 69317 times)

Offline Reboot Guillotine

• Assistant
Re: Hasslefree now a hassle? Order received - others still have problems...
« Reply #210 on: June 30, 2019, 06:07:35 PM »
Not sure why I went on about that.  This isn't a thread about Hasslefree model style.  :)

Offline Storm Wolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #211 on: August 03, 2019, 01:00:59 PM »
Hi there,

Just to add a more positive note to this thread I made a double order one on the 27th July and one on the 30th July and received both today on the 3rd August.

Not only did I get some nice sweets, I also got a free metal "not-Dutch" mini, so thank you, Sally, Kev and everyone else at HF, it was most appreciated.  :D

I will be using the not-Dutch and Blaine figures for a Predator/Aliens mash-up I have been thinking off for a long while and the GI Alpha team will be for Hardwired/Combat Zone/Galactic Heroes etc, etc, etc......

Regards all

Glen
Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane.

• Assistant
« Reply #212 on: August 06, 2019, 01:01:39 AM »
Because I eventually got the goods, I placed another order (mostly duplicates of the stuff I really liked) on July 6 and it showed up July 29.  So I'm 2 for 2 in the last few months!  The Hasslefree Facebook page, however, is starting to melt down.  Lots of disgruntled (or at least sub-optimally-gruntled) people airing their grievances on there now.

Offline Dr Mathias

• LPL Champion (S6,S7) Bronze Medalist (S5)
  • Galactic Brain
  • Purveyor of the one-and-only Miracle Elixir!
    • Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza
« Reply #213 on: September 14, 2019, 05:51:00 PM »
I placed an order for some vikings Sept. 2, knowing it might be a long while to get them. I'll be sure to report back ;)
a mixture of quick parts, sarcastic humour, reserve, and caprice.
Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza

Offline 6milPhil

• Galactic Brain
    • Slug Industries
« Reply #214 on: September 15, 2019, 11:44:03 AM »
" Until a few years ago HF ran like a well-oiled machine and then unpredictable circumstances literally made it stop. It was always a juggle for casting new releases versus restocks of older figures but mostly we coped.

The ‘emergency stop’ 2 years ago hit the organisation and routine very hard, before long we found ourselves struggling to keep on top of everything that needed doing. There are still a few unresolved issues from that time but mostly I am assured they are sorted.

At last it seems like there might be a light at the end of the tunnel, we have releases due soon, restocks of both minis and other resources coming through and soon we will be able to start the long-awaited ‘catch-up’ of unreleased figures that Kev has still been sculpting even through the ‘emergency stop’.

We really do appreciate the way you have supported us throughout this difficult time and thank you all so much for sticking with us.

I went to the resin casters today so decided to share a few pictures that show the scores of as yet unreleased figures that I hope will give you reassurance that we are finally (fingers crossed) getting there x"

via: https://www.facebook.com/HF.Minis.are.the.best/

Offline Painterz

• Librarian
« Reply #215 on: September 17, 2019, 02:20:47 PM »
I'm not entirely sure why Hasslefree didn't bite the bullet and hire some part time staff to help them when the kickstarter caused everything to enter meltdown.

(ALthough I might add I got my kickstarter HF stuff very quickly with no hassle at all.)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 02:24:15 PM by Painterz »

Offline flags_of_war

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Flags of War
« Reply #216 on: October 08, 2019, 08:59:32 AM »
I'm not entirely sure why Hasslefree didn't bite the bullet and hire some part time staff to help them when the kickstarter caused everything to enter meltdown.

(ALthough I might add I got my kickstarter HF stuff very quickly with no hassle at all.)

Profit margins in the miniatures game are so fine. Chances are they couldn't afford to hire someone to help out.

Offline Dr Mathias

• LPL Champion (S6,S7) Bronze Medalist (S5)
  • Galactic Brain
  • Purveyor of the one-and-only Miracle Elixir!
    • Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza
« Reply #217 on: October 11, 2019, 01:36:18 AM »
Well my order came in a few days ago, everything looks satisfactory. About three and a half weeks total, which is quick for Hasslefree. I think I have been ordering from them since 2004. Hoping they get back on their feet, they do have some truly great miniatures.

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
« Reply #218 on: October 27, 2019, 08:33:58 PM »
Wasn't sure whether to post in this thread or start a new one, but Hasslefree won't be sending out any orders before 12th November, as they're having a holiday (I think, the newsletter is a bit vague).

On the bright side, they're having a 20% off sale during that time - use code HALLOWEEN2019 at the checkout.

I nearly ordered some things from them yesterday, but couldn't quite make up my mind what I wanted. Looks like my indecision has saved me 20% of the cost of whatever I finally decide to buy :D

Offline nozza_uk

• Mad Scientist
    • The wargaming world of Nozza
« Reply #219 on: January 16, 2020, 09:52:13 AM »
I've put this on another thread before I saw this.

As part of their Halloween offer last year I placed an order with Hasslefree. However, my order never materialized and all attempts to contact them via email, Facebook and phone went unanswered.

So over the festive period and as a last resort I opened a Paypal complaint against them. Sure enough that got their attention and I managed to get into an email conversation with Dameon Reynolds. Dameon managed to establish that their inventory system had me down as showing a previous order as being unfulfilled and as a result any new orders would not be processed. Dameon cleared the previous order (which I had received) out of their system so that my new order could be processed. But guess what, nothing received and all attempts at contact have gone unanswered again. I've tried the following email addresses - bwartemis@gmail.com, orders@hfminis.co.uk & admin@hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk. I've even contacted them through the Paypal resolution centre. Even tried through Twitter! No luck.

As it stands my Paypal complaint expires on the 23/01 and I hate to do this, but I'll be claiming for a refund on the 22nd if I don't hear anything back. So, my ask is if you know someone who works for Hasslefree or have a different way of contacting them, can you ask them about order 75767 please!

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
« Reply #220 on: January 16, 2020, 10:21:12 AM »
As it stands my Paypal complaint expires on the 23/01 and I hate to do this, but I'll be claiming for a refund on the 22nd if I don't hear anything back. So, my ask is if you know someone who works for Hasslefree or have a different way of contacting them, can you ask them about order 75767 please!

Which, is what you should do.

Offline Cubs

• Galactic Brain
  • "I simply cannot survive without beauty ..."
« Reply #221 on: January 16, 2020, 10:39:30 AM »
Which, is what you should do.

Yup. Flexibility and understanding always makes any sort of communication/transaction run more smoothly, but at the end of the day it's your money and you shouldn't be shouldering any responsibility for a company's problems. Sounds like you've been very reasonable and patient and they haven't resolved the issue in time.
'Sir John ejaculated explosively, sitting up in his chair.' ... 'The Black Gang'.

Paul Cubbin Miniature Painter

• Assistant
« Reply #222 on: January 18, 2020, 03:32:19 AM »
After being in a similar situation about 18 months ago and forcing a refund through PayPal dispute, I've had several orders fulfilled in a reasonable timeframe.  Then I placed a big order in October 2019 and have seen/heard nothing.  I'll wait until almost 6 months then again dispute through PayPal if nothing arrives.  After several orders with "Hasslefree," I've learned a few cardinal rules:

1. You will PROBABLY get your order.  Eventually.  Sometimes quickly.
2. They will NOT communicate with you 99% of the time (short of Paypal refund requests).  It almost seems like a source of perverse pride for them to refuse to respond.
3. There is absolutely NO relationship between when their website says an order is complete, when you receive a shipment notice, and when the goods go out.  From my own experience, orders flip to complete right away but may not ship, you might get a shipment notice but nothing goes out, and you may receive the goods but never get a ship notice.  It's not unheard of to get a shipment notice AFTER you receive the merch.
4. If your merch does not show up within 6 months you should take the PayPal refund and move on. Or try again later, if you want to try your luck.  If the goods don't arrive and you don't force the refund at 6 months, you can get stuck in the above pattern for 1-2 years.
5. Order accuracy, when it does arrive, tends to be excellent.  I've have multiple delayed orders, consisting of 50+ total minis, consolidated into one eventual shipment with no errors.

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #223 on: January 18, 2020, 03:50:26 AM »
Try posting to their Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/HF.Minis.are.the.best

Also there's also an update there from Kev that Sally (who handles all their orders - Kev hasn't touched that side of the business in years) is out again because she fell and cracked several vertebrae in her upper back in January (yikes). There was also an update from Sally mentioning she's trying to get their kids to help out.

This was only a month or two after they had finally managed to catch up after being two years behind, so to anyone without any knowledge of this it just appears as if they're just permanently unreliable (well, for the last two and a half years). When in actual fact they seem to be cursed with health disasters, combined with a distribution system which is a one-person point of failure.

One is tempted to wonder if they'd be better off selling the distribution rights to someone else at this point, like Mark Copplestone has, but this was suggested and turned down during the previous disaster chain, so it's possible that Kev, Sally, and Dameon only feel they can stay solvent if they aren't sharing revenue with another party? I recall they hired help a while ago, but it was unsustainable? It's further back in the thread somewhere if you want the actual details. But I suppose it's probably not for me to infer too much.

Either way this lack of failsafe redundancy is murdering them (let's hope not literally).
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 03:57:03 AM by FramFramson »

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline nozza_uk

• Mad Scientist
    • The wargaming world of Nozza
« Reply #224 on: January 19, 2020, 10:43:22 AM »
Try posting to their Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/HF.Minis.are.the.bes

In my post I did say that I'd tried contacting them via Facebook. In fact I got my partner to message them as I don't do Facebook. She's had no reply either.

I'm aware that they've suffered various medical ailments recently, hence why I tried to contact them before going the Paypal route.

Anyway, I've now escalated it via Paypal, so I'll wait to see their response.