Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:43:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690601
  • Total Topics: 118339
  • Online Today: 866
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Pinkfluffdoodle IV In Action!  (Read 1188 times)

Offline punkrabbitt

• Scientist
  • Let's do this!
    • Punkrabbitt Publishing
Pinkfluffdoodle IV In Action!
« on: August 20, 2018, 02:11:48 AM »
Pinkfluffdoodle IV in action!

I decided to run my second TrekCore playtest on the small board, and use my pinker-than-pink, truly awesome wilderness terrain. So, enjoy the pictures!

As for the playtesting... playing on a smaller board with longer range weapons... it played more like a regular game of FiveCore at least. I re-rolled the objective numbers, and I re-rolled to see if the Starfleet Commander had a phaser rifle (she did this time.) The Romulans scored all of their objectives, but lost three people. Starfleet escaped with their objective, lost one person, and got everyone off the board before the last Romulan got away (the result of rolling "Firefight" when 1" from the board edge...) The phaser rifles' range did make a difference in two shots, one of whoch resulted in a Romulan casualty. But still, the game didn't feel any more Star Trek than if it was Tusken Raiders vs. Jawas or refugees fighting over supplies in Karachi. One more playtest each on a big board and a little board to see if it's working as intended. Then, Klingons...

Hi! I'm Harry. I am a hobby addict; I game sci-fi, fantasy, and historical (including Ancients, Dark Ages, Renaissance, and World War II Manchukuo.)

Please visit my OSR products for sale at www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/17194/Punkrabbitt-Publishing

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
Re: Pinkfluffdoodle IV In Action!
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2019, 02:48:21 PM »
I'm loving that table. Awesome. Like a massive Turkish Delight.
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2019, 03:36:28 PM »
To make it more Star Trek like, anyone in a red shirt should automatically be the target of any shooting lol

It is a good question, though - possibly some non-violent objectives, or add in some locals that the away party has to avoid (prime directive style)

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2019, 05:55:50 PM »
That's some visually striking terrain.  Reminds me of something Jon Tuffley said in Stargrunt or Dirtside about who says the foliage on Planet Whatsit isn't magenta - or pink, in this case.  :)