Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:44:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: ACW collectors help needed.  (Read 2983 times)

Online racm32

• Mastermind
    • Wyndehurst Productions
ACW collectors help needed.
« on: August 20, 2018, 04:11:50 AM »
This is a bit of and odd request. I dont game the ACW but I am building a diorama in 28mm or 25mm as a birthday gift for my father depicting the battle his Great Grandfather fought in, loosing an arm and a brother. My Great Great Grandfather was in a confederate artillery unit deployed in a Lunette earthen fortification that was nearly overrun by Union infantry when he was wounded.
#1 As of right now I am working with some Perry Plastic ACW artillery but really want to find artillery crew in melee stances, so some help there would be nice.

#2 I have found the models I want to use for the attacking force and the are Old Glory 25mm. The problem is they sell them in batches of 30 and I only need about 10 from each batch (3 in all). I would like to find someone interested in splitting the lot and cost. I'd order the 3 batches (linked below) and take about 10 from each one then send the rest to the helping party. The other person would pay for their 2/3 of the batch but I'd pay all shipping (world wide). If anyone is interested please PM me for details/questions.
https://www.oldgloryminiatures.com/proddetail.asp?prod=WBS-27
https://www.oldgloryminiatures.com/proddetail.asp?prod=WBS-30
https://www.oldgloryminiatures.com/proddetail.asp?prod=WBS-31

Offline Khmorg

• Mad Scientist
Re: ACW collectors help needed.
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2018, 04:42:10 AM »
I can just make any shapes

Offline Jabba

• Mad Scientist
    • Jabba's Wargaming
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2018, 01:56:47 PM »
Have you thought of contacting Old Glory explaining the situation and seeing if they will sell you just those you require, might be worth an email?

Online racm32

• Mastermind
    • Wyndehurst Productions
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2018, 03:21:08 PM »

Online racm32

• Mastermind
    • Wyndehurst Productions
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2018, 03:22:39 PM »
Have you thought of contacting Old Glory explaining the situation and seeing if they will sell you just those you require, might be worth an email?

I have already and they will not alter the number or amount in each batch. Something to do with manufacturing presses and it being to much effort.

Offline Arthur

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2018, 03:24:07 PM »
What?

I think he means that he can sculpt figures in any pose. Khmorg is Russian and English is not his native language.

Offline Khmorg

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2018, 04:07:30 PM »
What?

I am a sculptor and I can make any (fighting, shooting, leading hand-to-hand fighting) confederation artillerymen even with portrait resemblance

Offline Treebeard

• Mad Scientist
  • Lazy French Painter
    • Painting Log
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2018, 04:18:19 PM »
... and a very talented sculptor

Offline Khmorg

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2018, 04:46:04 PM »
... and a very talented sculptor

Thank you

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2018, 01:33:02 AM »
Manufacturers don't like to run molds set to create a full package just to sell a small sub-set of what goes in the package - those extra figures may never sell.  Thus very rarely will you find one willing to accommodate special requests.  Perfectly understandable business decision.  Sometimes frustrating, however, as I well know.

Offline Aaron

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2018, 12:06:06 PM »
Have you looked at Sash and Saber for your Union troops? They have a regimental pack of 40 Federal infantry skirmishing that is nice. No two figures are alike in the pack. You can also order the figures in batches of ten. http://www.sashandsaber.com/catalogACW.php4

You can view pictures of the pack contents of codes US4, 5a, 5b, and 5c to see exactly which figures come in the packs, so you can tell off the bat if they will suit your needs.

Online racm32

• Mastermind
    • Wyndehurst Productions
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2018, 02:01:37 PM »
Those are nice models but not really the poses I'm looking for. This is the type of poses I'm looking for for the attackers that Old Glory sell:

This is the type of scene I want to depict:

I need attackers in melee and artillery crew fighting back like those circled below:

Offline vtsaogames

• Mastermind
    • Corlears Hook Fencibles
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2018, 03:40:10 PM »
They will be hard to find if not impossible. Most gamers want their gunners either ready to fire or loading. The fellow swinging his rifle above is likely the easiest to modify. Cut away the rifle, drill a hole in his hands for a brass rod. Glue the brass rod after cutting to size. Wrap paper soaked in white glue around the end of the rod to look like a ramrod/sponge. When it dries, paint. Look for an officer figure firing a pistol, hopefully one without too many rank marks (epaulettes, sashes, etc.) And another waving a sword.

Since the main market is wargamers rather than diorama makers, you'll have to modify figures and end up buying more than you need. Wargamers have little use for melee figures. Marching and firing line are the big sellers.
And the glorious general led the advance
With a glorious swish of his sword and his lance
And a glorious clank of his tin-plated pants. - Dr. Seuss

My blog: http://corlearshookfencibles.blogspot.com/

Offline rumacara

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Zillions of painted miniz!
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2018, 09:29:08 PM »
I dont know the status of Redoubt Enterprises but they had a huge offer of figures and many in melee poses.
And they come with separate heads.

Offline ACW Gamer

• Scientist
    • Raven Banner Games
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2018, 04:05:30 PM »
Which Lunette??