Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:17:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686458
  • Total Topics: 118100
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Maximilian Adventure  (Read 2303 times)

Offline Saucy Jack

• Scientist
    • London by Midnight
Maximilian Adventure
« on: August 22, 2018, 06:53:53 AM »
Looking at the wonderful figures from Gringo40s and Wargames Foundry I am wondering whether the fit together size-wise?

Anyone have any pictures or can tell me if they fit together?

Offline Arthur

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Maximilian Adventure
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2018, 03:28:46 PM »
From http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=105251.msg1335984#msg1335984 :

The Gringo40s miniatures tower over the Foundry sculpts, especially the cavalry.

Offline Saucy Jack

• Scientist
    • London by Midnight
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2018, 03:49:45 PM »
Thanks Arthur - is that the old Foundry figures or the Camerone ones on the pictures?

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2018, 04:01:40 PM »
The foot figures are from the left:

Old Foundry, Gringos 40, Newer Foundry Copplestone OW not Camerone, Gringos 40, Copplestone Foundry OW as before, then Gringos 40.

Mounted figure Copplestone OW, not Camerone sculpts. then Gringos 40.

The original Foundry Maximillian range is practically 25mm, the sculpts are very old, and not compatible with much these days. The Copplestone later additions which were listed under the newer OW range are bigger but again are noticeably smaller than the Gringos sculpts.
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline gringo

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2018, 04:24:44 PM »
Saucy Jack

thanks for the kind words...as Nic has pointed out the foundry range is pure
25mm and are good figures …...I have a fairly wide mix of figures and am in the
process of filling in all the missing gaps..more Republican infantry and command greens are with me at the moment. I intend to extend the range fairly substancially as time permits..artillery are on the cards next for the Republicans and more   cheers Ged www.gringo40s.com :D ;)

Offline Saucy Jack

• Scientist
    • London by Midnight
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2018, 08:11:18 PM »
The foot figures are from the left:

Old Foundry, Gringos 40, Newer Foundry Copplestone OW not Camerone, Gringos 40, Copplestone Foundry OW as before, then Gringos 40.

Mounted figure Copplestone OW, not Camerone sculpts. then Gringos 40.

The original Foundry Maximillian range is practically 25mm, the sculpts are very old, and not compatible with much these days. The Copplestone later additions which were listed under the newer OW range are bigger but again are noticeably smaller than the Gringos sculpts.
Thank you for your answer - but I am still unsure whether the Camerone models are similar in size with Gringos?

Offline TheBlackCrane

• Mad Scientist
    • Tales of the Black Crane
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2018, 10:36:48 AM »
Thank you for your answer - but I am still unsure whether the Camerone models are similar in size with Gringos?

Opinion generally differs - some will say they are large enough to mix, others - as Malamute says below - that whilst they are larger than the OW or Maximillian Foundry ranges, they still aren't that compatible with Gringos (I'd err towards this).
Sadly Foundry aren't going to be at Colours otherwise I was going to acquire some of the Camerone figures to compare.

Unfortunately I don't think you're going to get a straight yes or no at the moment.

Mind you - not everyone is the same height, so a few of the Camerone figures mixed in might work if done judiciously.