Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:40:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690739
  • Total Topics: 118344
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Vanvlak's Kill Team holiday - managed to assemble a vehicle too (in Kill Team?!)  (Read 958 times)

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
The nature of my work doesn't allow me to get too many long breaks, and when I do we usually travel to make sure I stay away from work. As this years it looks like we might not make it  :'( I'm trying to at least have a go at finishing some stuff - recently I just gave up posting starting projects, as I never finish them.

I treated myself to the rules, I fancy the small board size (nice and compact is ideal for me), and I happen to have models for all teams bar one (the winners of this dubious award are Deathwatch), in many cases enough for multiple teams. As I cannot see myself painting a hundred legion whatever SMs, having the possibility to finish them in different coloured squad-sized units helps too.

And to make sure I stay (more or less) within parameters, I'll be adding a couple of vehicles as scenery or objectives too. And proper scenery as well.

I won't be sticking to the formal size of kill teams, and may include subs for the teams too. But I am hardly likely to exceed the maximum size. I'll begin with a nice and easy one - Grey knights - a small size team.

Funny, I seem to remember starting off exactly the same way for Shadow War Armageddon... at least this time I can show a pic (still unpainted, I know...) of a modified Onager Dunecrwler, a civilian (if civilian Ad Mech exists!) version with a grabber claw. This was a very easy and opportunistic part replacement.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 05:31:38 PM by Vanvlak »

Offline Codsticker

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim project
Nothing like a staycation to get some hobbying done. :D Although, to be fair to Mrs Codsticker, she did let me take a building for my Mordheim table when we went to a cabin ion the beach for a week.

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
Nothing like a staycation to get some hobbying done. :D Although, to be fair to Mrs Codsticker, she did let me take a building for my Mordheim table when we went to a cabin ion the beach for a week.
There is truth in that, and good for Mrs Codsticker. Mrs Vanvlak wouldn't object, but taking paint and glue and stuff on an aeroplane (we usually prefer to get some distance away, and in Malta it's not possible without flying out!) is not quite an ideal option...