Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:46:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690626
  • Total Topics: 118340
  • Online Today: 866
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Furry conversions for Frostgrave and Badgers & Burrows et al.  (Read 11526 times)

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
    • Sally 4th Wargames Terrain & Figure Storage
Re: Furry conversions for Frostgrave and Badgers & Burrows et al.
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2018, 12:30:18 PM »
The separate head packs that we have made available for converters has proved to be very popular, so we have decided to start developing more packs. We are always interested in what you are looking for from the range, so we are going to take suggestions over the next couple of days and then on Wednesday we will put a poll together so you can choose which suggested head pack we do next.

We are thinking of doing another species type (Badger, Wolf, Otter etc) and a fantasy / medieval helmet option.

Let us know what you'd like!
Chris Abbey
Www.sally4th.co.uk

Offline Tungdil

• Scientist
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2018, 12:41:18 PM »
I think Wolf, badger and otter Heads would be great. Maybe hooded and with Cape.
Maybe wildboars and moose like Heads. Elefant heads would be interesting, too.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 12:51:57 PM by Tungdil »

Offline FionaWhite

• Mad Scientist
  • The Fox Fantastic
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2018, 01:41:39 PM »

Glad to hear this.
Will be waiting for the poll and more than happy to hear that a fantasy helmet's being considered if only because I need a ton of sallet-helmed foxes...

This thingamajig came to mind:

I really have no idea what I'm doing.

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2018, 07:27:45 AM »
Thank you for your suggestions for the next head pack to make available. I have collected together the responses that will fit on our 'standard frame' miniatures. We are hoping to do small frame creatures (rats, mice, squirrels etc) and large frame creatures like bears as stretch goals in kick starter, which starts 15th October.

We are now running poll, and will collect results on Monday 8th and pass them on to our sculpting team. This is link to vote

http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=5bb45c52e4b063ed94d85954

Offline Tungdil

• Scientist
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2018, 12:32:33 PM »
It looks good for badgers, i think.

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2018, 11:33:36 AM »
Following the huge interest in conversion kits for anthropomorphic critters, we got our sculptor to add the Otter to our range, and we also got him to add a conical medieval / dark age helmet to all of our existing heads.

If these prove popular, we will be happy to add a stack more species and types of headwear for converters to use.

Full details at www.acp164.com

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2018, 03:16:21 PM »
We're very excited about the Albedo Combat Patrol Kick starter. This funded in the first 13 hours, has released a stack of stretch goals and has 10 days left to run. If you've not seen it yet, you can take a look @ https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/179272384/albedo-combat-patrol-the-28mm-sci-fi-miniatures-ga

We have taken a slightly unusual step of releasing the basic troop types for retail sale at the same time as launching the Kick Starter so that gamers can get playing straight away with the free PDF rules packs. We have also released our existing heads packs so that converters can start using these straight away to. These are all available from www.acp164.com

We are committed to supporting Albedo with monthly new releases, which start this month. We'd like to get all our fans involved in the development of the range, so last month we asked everyone what they would like to suggest for the next head type. We collected the responses and held an online Poll and the otter head came out as the clear favorite. These heads have gone off for mold making and will be shipping out very soon. We are planning to do the same thing for Decembers new releases, so please add some comments with the next species or breed you would like us to feature, i.e Badger, Border Collie etc. and the next type of headgear you would like us to feature, i.e. Kepi, Samurai Helmet, Knights Helmet etc.

Tomorrow lunchtime, I'll collect the responses and put an online poll together and start the process for the December new release.

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2018, 01:12:48 PM »
We have collected together your requests for new breeds and species to add to our 'Critter Conversion Kits' (head and tail sets for converting miniatures to anthropomorphic figures). This is the link for voting: http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=5be2d8aae4b0507f7274dafe

We will keep the poll open for 24 hours and will let you know what has been selected for Decembers new release.

The Albedo Miniatures Game is currently on Kickstarter with lots more Albedo / Anthropomorphic goodness, if you've not seen it yet you can check it out @ https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/179272384/albedo-combat-patrol-the-28mm-sci-fi-miniatures-ga

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2018, 11:13:28 AM »
Quick update - Dachshund is in the lead at the moment in the voting. Still 3 hours to go, so if you're keen for a particular model and haven't voted there is still time, or share around with your mates and get them to vote as well! Link for voting : http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=5be2d8aae4b0507f7274dafe

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2018, 05:58:19 PM »
.... and the poll for the next 'Critter Conversion Kit' was won by the Dachshund with a healthy 36% of the vote!

A sculpting spec will be heading it's way to our sculptors next week and we hope to have them available in December.

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2018, 10:07:53 AM »
We are also looking to add an additional type of hat / headgear as part of Decembers new releases (like the dark age helmets we did for November).

We have a poll running at the moment, so please pop across and vote for what you would like, and we will go with what has the most votes by end of Tuesday.

http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=5be2da7ae4b0507f7274db02

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2018, 01:11:33 PM »

Maybe more Redwall than Albedo! This is a little diversion I've been working on over last couple of evenings.

The furniture and settings are 3D printed. The idea came from the fact that the banquet set is available as November free gift from Dungeonwork Architects

The seated figures are Sally 4th 'The Crowd' miniatures, originally designed for filling our model Blood Bowl Stadiums, (http://wargamesbuildings.co.uk/Blood-Bowl-Accessories), the heads are of course Albedo Critter Conversion heads. www.acp164.com

Offline Tungdil

• Scientist
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2018, 01:19:16 PM »
Looks terrific.

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2018, 10:21:54 AM »
First three miniatures that I have converted with the new albedo miniatures critter conversion kits based on conical helms.

This figure uses body and arms from Frostgrave Barbarian plastic box set and an Albedo Miniatures Fox head & tail.

This model uses a plastic body and arms from a Fireforge Teutonic Infantry miniature and an Albedo Miniatures Cat head and tail.

This miniature is based on a North Star Oathmark plastic Dwarf with an Albedo Miniatures Rabbit head and tail to make a dwarf rabbit!

Full details @ www.acp164.com

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2018, 11:05:43 AM »
At the weekend I got a couple of hours to do some conversions and painting. Last week I had just got the first production casts of the otter heads from our 'critter conversion kit' range, so was keen to try them out.

First figure uses a plastic Frostgrave soldiers body and arms and an Albedo Miniatures Otter helmeted head and tail conversion set.

Second figure is based on a Conquest Games medieval archer (plastic) with an Albedo Miniatures bare headed otter head and tail conversion.

The last fellow is based on a Frostgrave plastic barbarian body and arms with an Albedo Miniatures bare headed fox head and tail conversion.

Full details of range of conversion kits @ www.acp164.com