Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:07:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Latest conversion done  (Read 235925 times)

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • And when Eric eats a banana...
Re: Latest conversion done
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2009, 10:04:18 AM »
One of my first completed scuplts, I'm pretty pleased with it if I may say so myself. I've since invested in some clay shapers (soft rubber brush like things, that are good for burnishing the greenstuff), and this gives a much smoother surface on my as yet uncompleted scuplts.

Then some GW imperial guard/handgunners converted to form a scots napoleonic inspired army. I've not come any further with these guys:

The idea was to have a series of parts to be cast to make my own models up with:

but thats not likely to happen since the 40k gets steadily worse with each new edition :(

« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 10:08:26 AM by dijit »

Online white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2009, 05:33:50 PM »
You should still complete this. Don't like the new rules, stick to the old ones or use a different set. ;)

I guess this one qualifies for this thread too:

The figure is intended as a zombified civilian for the WW2 era.

The basic miniature is one of several plastic '30s themed figures that came with a 1/50 scale Lledo days gone car. Most of these figures are about 28mm and while some details like the faces are a bit lacking, they can be used as conversion fodder to come up with some unique figures. I replaced one arm and one hand with bits from the Wargames Factory zombie sprue (they're good enough for this purpose) and the head is a metal west wind zombie head.

Offline Skrapwelder

• Mastermind
  • Pluviophile
    • What Ho, Cythereans!
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2009, 04:21:35 AM »

Pictures of a conversion and its original state. Something I just started working on for an Unhallowed Metropolis game that RichardDMB is running

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2009, 05:56:06 AM »
like it very much, all the more because I didn't like the original mini at all.

Offline Froggy the Great

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • ...let slip the frogs of war.
    • My deviantArt gallery of painted figures
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2009, 02:21:49 PM »
These:
You, sir, are not allowed to attempt a takeover of the solar system until your octopus sobers up.

Offline traveller

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2009, 03:31:02 PM »
Skrapwelder, that top hat is really great. Very nice conversion!

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2009, 03:47:00 PM »

Froggy, that’s some strange and interesting "crawlers"… How do you make them?
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline Skrapwelder

• Mastermind
  • Pluviophile
    • What Ho, Cythereans!
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2009, 03:50:23 PM »
I like the snakes. They remind me of something from Clive Barker.

Offline Froggy the Great

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • ...let slip the frogs of war.
    • My deviantArt gallery of painted figures
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2009, 03:57:46 PM »
Those are dragon tails with demon claws for heads.  All reaper parts. 

Also did these in the same batch.  I believe those are leftover reptus tails and velociraptor arms, though I have no idea really.

Offline traveller

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2009, 04:43:26 PM »
dijit,

cool looking semi-Russians you have. Look a bit like Russian opolchenie militia. A topic not fully developed by 28mm producers. Maybe you can fill a gap there?

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • And when Eric eats a banana...
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2009, 09:34:14 PM »
I have to confess I've no idea what
Russian opolchenie militia.
are - care to enlighten me?

Offline traveller

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2009, 10:57:21 AM »
dijit,
see middle of this page:

http://www.napolun.com/mirror/napoleonistyka.atspace.com/Russian_infantry.htm

The opolchenie (militia) was raised in autumn of 1806. It was raised again in 1812. Serfs formed the bulk of the opolchenie, they were chosen by ballot from every 4-5 men per 100 aged 17 to 45 and required the permission of their landlord.
The middle classes; clerics, professionals and intelligentsia joined the opolchenie voluntarily.
The NCOs came from training battalions and retired soldiers. The officers came from noblemen and those who had served in the Army before. The nobility elected the generals and officers of the opolchenie.
Some sources state the opolchenie numbered not less than 420,000 men, a more realistic figure would be just over 200,000 men. The opolchenie took an active part in the military actions at Borodino, Polotsk, Viazima, Krasnoi and Charniki, and many other battles. These cohorts were used as a source of replacements to fill out the depleted line units late in the war as well as employed as independent combat units.
At Maloyaroslavets, pike armed Opolkenie were used to fill in the 3rd rank of the units that had been mauled at Borodino. There are repeated references to the St. Petersburg Opolchenie being absorbed into line units during the period around the second battle of Polotsk. They were not confined to direct military uses but also allowed the release of regulars from logistic tasks. These included maintaining garrisons, trains, parks, camps, stores, and worked as nurses, miners, policing, guarding prisoners and so forth. (Source: "The Opolchenie" by Dr S. Summerfield)

The problem is that there are only few miniatures available. Front Rank and Foundry has some but they look a bit too regular for me. I would like to see more character and civilian peasant items in their dress

Offline Unforgiven

• Scientist
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2009, 01:01:09 AM »
These are pretty old but I thought you guys would enjoy them :)

A sniper for my kill-team

A member of my kill-team

another member

Thats it for now :) Hope you like!   8)

Offline traveller

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2009, 07:08:10 AM »
Cool!  ;D

Online white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2009, 07:55:57 AM »
I've already posted them elsewhere, but they qualify for this thread... My zombie Tintin and Haddock conversions.

Got the inspiration for this late one night (out of nowhere really), so looked at the WGF sprue for the best parts to use as dollies for these, threw in a West Wind zombiehead with peaked cap (after a bit of filing) and glued it together. Sculpted the details in the next day in two sessions (morning and afternoon). Painted the next day.