Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:05:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: WWI aviation 1/300 1/285 6mm figure list  (Read 1479 times)

Offline The Major

• Bookworm
    • The Major Press
WWI aviation 1/300 1/285 6mm figure list
« on: September 06, 2018, 07:44:06 PM »
Has anyone found a reliable list of WWI aviation figure manufacturers?  Here is one that I found that seems pretty good though it is incomplete.
https://linen.miraheze.org/wiki/Category:Aircraft_with_1:285-1:288_Models

This list is very helpful but if anyone could add to it (or simply has a better list) that would be even more help!

Also, what is the consensus on using 3d printed 6mm (285 or 300 scale) WWI aircraft?  I have never purchased a 3d printed WWI aircraft miniature so I don't know how they stack up.

Offline boywundyrx

• Librarian
Re: WWI aviation 1/300 1/285 6mm figure list
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2018, 08:17:22 PM »
I have a list that is probably pretty up-to-date for the metal guys, not sure if I've completely accounted for the return of (some of) the Goblintooth aircraft by MSD.  My accounting of Shapeways aircraft is probably hopelessly out of date, lately I've tended to buy them up as they became available and didn't note much else.

My file is a spreadsheet though of about 440 individual aircraft and their variant marques, not all of which have ever been made, so I'll need to look to clean it up though.  It'd probably be best to share by e-mail though, I'll try to have a look this weekend.

I've found most a/c from Shapeways to be ok, some of the early designers had super-fragile struts and landing gear, but the stuff from the Reduced Aircraft Factory is solid.

Chris

Offline The Major

• Bookworm
    • The Major Press
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2018, 09:50:33 PM »

I've found most a/c from Shapeways to be ok, some of the early designers had super-fragile struts and landing gear, but the stuff from the Reduced Aircraft Factory is solid.

Chris
Thanks, Chris!  This is good info.  If you get a chance, you might want to scrub your list against the link I put up above to see if you see any gaps.  Who knows?  Between the two lists you may have a pretty complete list!

Offline boywundyrx

• Librarian
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2018, 09:48:15 PM »
Thanks Major. I'll try to take a look this weekend, around some sports and a wargames day. Feel free to poke me with a PM if you don't hear an update next week.

Chris

Offline The Major

• Bookworm
    • The Major Press
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2018, 11:19:36 PM »
Awesome!  Who's your team?  There's a few things I never get tired of talking about:  WWI aviation and NCAA football among them!

Offline boywundyrx

• Librarian
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2018, 05:55:31 PM »
Actually it's Canadian football, have season tickets for the Toronto Argonauts (about 50% of the players are from the US though).  Saturday turned out to be a full day of travel, Argos game, post-game party for two more (all rematches from Labour Day, when the big rivalries play), and Sunday was a full game of 6mm WWII, so I haven't gotten to the list yet, but it's on my to-do list for this week still.

Chris

Offline The Major

• Bookworm
    • The Major Press
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2018, 03:20:13 AM »
Aw, dude.  No rush man.  I've watched Canadian ball a few times.  I love the multiple men in motion rule.  Looks like a great sport!