Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:50:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690621
  • Total Topics: 118340
  • Online Today: 866
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: AAR - The Search for Whateley Expedition  (Read 1383 times)

Offline clandaith

• Bookworm
    • The Fat Old Gamer
AAR - The Search for Whateley Expedition
« on: September 07, 2018, 05:41:03 PM »
(Cross posted to Facebook)

The Whateley Expedition was sent to a remote location on a high alpine peak.  It wasn't totally known what they were looking for.  After a few weeks of no contact with the expedition, a crazed porter wandered into the local village.  The porter talked of a strange idol in the middle of some obsidian pillars.  He also talked of pages from a book, that when looked at, made your head hurt.  This information piqued the interest of a few clandestine organizations who decided to investigate further.

My friend Chris and I played a game yesterday.  The mission objectives were to get either Dr. Whateley or the strongbox containing the strange papers off the board.  If you got either one, it was a minor victory.  If you got both, it would be a major victory.  Chris plays the Cultist of Liliath while I played my Belgian Congolese.  Chis was first to both the doctor and the strong box.  I had some great fire lanes setup to decimate his troops.  But, his Mi-go was quick to take out my guys.  But more importantly, I probably shot Chris' figures about 5 times in the game.  That's not 5 each figure but five total.  I was having HORRIBLE dice rolls.  Chris even felt bad and gave me his dice.  No luck, I still kept rolling low.

Needless to say, Chris got a major victory.  It was a great game and we had a lot of fun.  The obelisks, stone idol, fire pit, rocks, and tents were all 3d printed from my new printer.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 06:10:10 PM by clandaith »