Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:07:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689728
  • Total Topics: 118291
  • Online Today: 810
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Poll

What medieval period most needs 28mm Miniatures?

First Crusade/Norman Conquest
9 (9.5%)
Late 12th Century
37 (38.9%)
Mid/Late 13th C
22 (23.2%)
Crecy Period
17 (17.9%)
Mid 15th C (after Agincourt but before the WotR)
10 (10.5%)

Total Members Voted: 95

Voting closed: September 22, 2018, 03:45:18 AM

Author Topic: What medieval period most needs 28mm Miniatures?  (Read 15846 times)

Offline Khurasan Miniatures

• Mastermind
  • Miniature manufacturer to the stars
    • Khurasan Miniatures
What medieval period most needs 28mm Miniatures?
« on: September 08, 2018, 03:45:18 AM »
Am considering making a 28mm medieval range. Obviously some periods are totally covered! I’ve suggested a few that might still be a bit open.
Khurasan Miniatures

Like us on Facebook for updates:
http://www.facebook.com/khurasanminiatures

Offline Charlie_

• Mastermind
Re: What medieval period most needs 28mm Miniatures?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2018, 10:27:20 AM »
I voted mid 15th century as that would appeal to me the most, not because it's 'needed'.

I think the Crecy period would benefit from a COMPLETE, modern range if you know what I mean.

When I look into other periods and find there is 'a range' for them, but i just consists of a few packs.... I quickly lose interest.

Offline Cubs

• Galactic Brain
  • "I simply cannot survive without beauty ..."
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2018, 10:48:12 AM »
I've gone with late 12th, but to specify, I think 3rd Crusade is under-represented in good miniatures.
'Sir John ejaculated explosively, sitting up in his chair.' ... 'The Black Gang'.

Paul Cubbin Miniature Painter

Offline Tancred

• Schoolboy
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2018, 12:36:19 PM »
A proper range of Baltic Pagans.
It takes a man to be a boy all his life.

Offline TheBlackCrane

• Mad Scientist
    • Tales of the Black Crane
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2018, 02:06:36 PM »
I'd actually like another option - mid-later C14th century, especially Italians. Never been able to find a decent, extensive range which would let me do things like the War of Chioggia.

Although, I know you've got your 15mm C14th century range, so hopefully we'll see Italians appearing in that? (If so and they're anything like as good as your C16th range that'll be another thing on my list...)
Can appreciate you wouldn't necessarily want to replicate in 28mm, so I voted the C13th option  :D
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 02:08:16 PM by TheBlackCrane »

Offline Skyven

• Scientist
  • Wargaming on Skye
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2018, 02:57:54 PM »
I'm always on the look out for early C14th. Particularly the Scottish Wars of Independence.

Offline Byblos

• Mad Scientist
  • Les Echelles du Levant ...
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2018, 03:33:59 PM »
"Still open" !?

Artillerymen for Turco/Muslim/Indian 15th century => could be used for Timurides, Indians (Muslims or Hindus) , steppe armies, etc...

Some decent Arab / Turk / Mongol armored cavalry 15th Century ! And Mounted Bowmen !

Well, take all the Steppe / Mongols / Indians / Central Asia / even Muslims army lists for 14th or 15th century , and you have a lots to make  :)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 07:20:36 PM by Byblos »

Offline Antonio J Carrasco

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2018, 06:42:42 PM »
Late 12th, although I am thinking actually on the period 1180s-1220s

Offline Siegfried

• Assistant
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2018, 07:30:41 PM »
I'm always on the look out for early C14th. Particularly the Scottish Wars of Independence.

Andrew Taylor from Antediluvian Miniatures has started working on a range for the Scottish Wars of Independence. Check out their Facebook page for more information: https://www.facebook.com/antediluvianminiatures/

I think the Crecy period would benefit from a COMPLETE, modern range if you know what I mean.

Claymore Castings is working on a very nice range for the Crecy/Poitiers era. Lately, they've been putting out lots of new products for that range. And even though the range is far from being complete, it still has a lot of beautiful miniatures that are worthy of attention. http://www.claymorecastings.co.uk/

I'd actually like another option - mid-later C14th century, especially Italians. Never been able to find a decent, extensive range which would let me do things like the War of Chioggia.

I agree. I'd love to see a range based on all the Condottieri wars from the late 14th century. Recreating the campaigns of John Hawkwood in Italy is one of my biggest hobby dreams.

Offline Tonhel

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2018, 07:36:03 PM »
Andrew Taylor from Antediluvian Miniatures has started working on a range for the Scottish Wars of Independence. Check out their Facebook page for more information: https://www.facebook.com/antediluvianminiatures/

Claymore Castings is working on a very nice range for the Crecy/Poitiers era. Lately, they've been putting out lots of new products for that range. And even though the range is far from being complete, it still has a lot of beautiful miniatures that are worthy of attention. http://www.claymorecastings.co.uk/

I agree. I'd love to see a range based on all the Condottieri wars from the late 14th century. Recreating the campaigns of John Hawkwood in Italy is one of my biggest hobby dreams.

And both are sculpted by Matthew Bickley. Imo he is doing incredible work for Claymore Castings. I would that he would sculpt lots of ranges between 10th until 16th century ! :-D

Offline Khurasan Miniatures

• Mastermind
  • Miniature manufacturer to the stars
    • Khurasan Miniatures
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2018, 08:59:49 PM »
Actually yes, for our 15mm late 14th C range the Italians and Spanish will be released together because their infantry were basically identical (except for some local types in Spain). Of course the men at arms were different.

Offline ErikB

• Mastermind
  • Sometimes I feel like Schroedinger's Cat
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2018, 09:12:45 PM »
A proper range of Baltic Pagans.
Yes!

Offline bluechi

• Librarian
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2018, 10:48:10 PM »
End 14th century . First Italien war, Swiss/swabian war. Only Tag have some Figures.   
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 11:47:14 PM by bluechi »

Offline ayak333

• Librarian
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2018, 06:30:00 AM »
Baltic Pagans always get my vote!

Offline Sparrow

• Mastermind
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2018, 09:40:55 AM »
Baltic Pagans, a decent C12th/13th Russian range and would loudly echo comments above re the 3rd Crussde (particularly some decent Ghulam types).
Put your trust in God and keep your powder dry!