Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:15:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Poll

What medieval period most needs 28mm Miniatures?

First Crusade/Norman Conquest
9 (9.5%)
Late 12th Century
37 (38.9%)
Mid/Late 13th C
22 (23.2%)
Crecy Period
17 (17.9%)
Mid 15th C (after Agincourt but before the WotR)
10 (10.5%)

Total Members Voted: 95

Voting closed: September 22, 2018, 03:45:18 AM

Author Topic: What medieval period most needs 28mm Miniatures?  (Read 15863 times)

Offline bong-67

• Librarian
Re: What medieval period most needs 28mm Miniatures?
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2018, 11:15:03 AM »
Later (post 1204) Byzantines and other figures for the Balkans from 13th to 15th century.

Offline Byblos

• Mad Scientist
  • Les Echelles du Levant ...
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2018, 11:29:20 AM »
Later (post 1204) Byzantines and other figures for the Balkans from 13th to 15th century.

Yes : excellent idea !

Offline westwaller

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2018, 12:38:57 PM »
I voted late 12th but I feel all the three middle ranges could do with more attention. I agree with the problem of many medieval ranges being covered only by a few packs I understand that this in some cases comes down to the popularity or lack of of some periods but I feel perhaps some manufacturers should think about how they can complement existing ranges done by other companies.

Offline Tonhel

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2018, 12:51:50 PM »
AFAIK V&V miniatures will do a small Baltic range to fight against their Crusaders / teutonics.

Last week I received their first crusader pack and the mini does look as detailed as in the picture. It's incredible to think it's a 28mm mini.

Offline Byblos

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2018, 01:25:44 PM »
I voted late 12th but I feel all the three middle ranges could do with more attention. I agree with the problem of many medieval ranges being covered only by a few packs I understand that this in some cases comes down to the popularity or lack of of some periods but I feel perhaps some manufacturers should think about how they can complement existing ranges done by other companies.

Totally agree

Offline Tonhel

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2018, 03:01:38 PM »
Totally agree

Isn't also that today most miniature companies make only a couple of packs so you can make a Lion Rampant or Saga warband and be done with it.

Offline Byblos

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2018, 03:05:58 PM »
Isn't also that today most miniature companies make only a couple of packs so you can make a Lion Rampant or Saga warband and be done with it.

Indeed ! And if you want to make an army, it becomes really difficult if there is little (or none) the same ranges from others brands !

Offline Tonhel

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2018, 03:42:43 PM »
Indeed ! And if you want to make an army, it becomes really difficult if there is little (or none) the same ranges from others brands !

True, but that is the trend nowadays. It's the same for fantasy. As I am more focused on small warbands it isn't a problem for me, but I can imagine that if you want to make a huge mass ranked army with lots of different units and artillery etc.. it will be a very difficult task.

Offline Dr. Zombie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2018, 08:42:29 AM »
A proper range of Baltic Pagans.

This.

Also I would like a range of generic medieval armed pesants.

Offline Munindk

• Mad Scientist
  • Denmark
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2018, 10:29:57 AM »
I'll second the generic medieval armed peasants. They could be done so they'd be useful for a several periods.
A range of heads with region/periodspecific headwear, beards and hair length would go a long way too.
Possibly something similar for weapons?

Offline Byblos

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2018, 10:54:04 AM »
Excellent idea the generic medieval armed peasants !

Offline Mad Doc Morris

• Mastermind
  • Olympus speaketh?
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2018, 12:13:28 PM »
Could name a number of niches dear to my heart. For example, I'd love more models in 'German' fashioned armour and clothing throughout the Medieval period.

However, a more sober choice is perhaps a dedicated mid- to late 12th century range. This would cover a lot of interesting theatres like the Anarchy in Britain, the Hohenstaufen campaigns in Italy, or the 2nd and 3rd Crusade with the infamous battle of Hattin inbetween. So far there are a couple of packs by Black Tree, the Perrys' Hospitallers, and the Fireforge kits (missed something?). While all serviceable, a single range of modern and historically accurate miniatures would certainly meet people's interest.

PS: Please also consider making them available via European resellers. ;)

Offline The Inscrutable Dr. Huang

• Assistant
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2018, 01:54:27 PM »

Ditto.

Offline aphillathehun

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2018, 05:51:20 PM »

Western Europe is pretty well covered in all these periods.  I agree with folks who are interested in Byzantium/Balkans, or Central Asia in these periods.  Or even, dare I say, China?

Offline rampantlion

• Scientist
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2018, 07:51:52 PM »
I'd like to see more options for late 12th-early 13th century which would cover Albigensian Crusades, Bouvines War, First Barons War...etc.  I love the armor of the period.