Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2018, 12:11:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1254302
  • Total Topics: 88421
  • Online Today: 91
  • Online Ever: 697
  • (July 31, 2016, 09:46:52 PM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Solo Dungeon Crawl  (Read 832 times)

Offline bazookajoe

• assistant
Re: Solo Dungeon Crawl
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2018, 02:53:49 AM »
I played another solo scenario called "kill the boss" in which the party has been hired by local farmers to eliminate the goblin menace from the dungeon complex.  The adventurers have to find and kill the leader of the goblins (there are several possibilities for who it might be). Trouble started immediately upon entering the dungeon when the party was attacked by giant spiders.  Then the adventurers had to contend with a dangerous trap which almost killed the half-orc fighter.  There were random encounters with wargs and another spider, and the rogue almost met his end failing to disarm a trapped door.  With some luck, the party eventually stumbled into the goblin chieftain's lair and fought a major battle with him and his minions including a large bugbear.  After all the enemies were slain, a chest was discovered but the hoard inside was somewhat disappointing as was the subsequent reward from the farmers. 

Offline Dentatus

• mastermind
    • Stalker7.com
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2018, 07:09:26 PM »
I think those modular tiles are perfect and I really like the pjs on those figs. The whole project has that wonderful retro feel.

Offline bazookajoe

• assistant
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2018, 04:33:59 AM »
Thanks, I am much more into figure painting than terrain making but one needs a dungeon for a dungeon crawl.  Also, the retro feel is no accident as I first played D&D and AD&D back in 1979/80 when I was in junior high; "Keep on the Borderlands," "Village of Homlet," etc etc.