Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:16:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690724
  • Total Topics: 118343
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Tjubs 15mm blog  (Read 29732 times)

Offline tjub

• Librarian
Re: Tjubs 15mm blog
« Reply #135 on: September 01, 2019, 10:05:37 AM »
Finished the siege towers as well.  :)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 07:39:18 AM by tjub »

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
« Reply #136 on: September 01, 2019, 05:34:04 PM »
Sweet!!

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
    • 3d designs can be found at Thingiverse
« Reply #137 on: September 04, 2019, 05:30:07 PM »
Well, I don't mind saying your execution was far better than my imagining of it!

Hmmmm, might you be making some big troll fellas to push those siege engines around? :D

I'm wondering how far I can subliminally guide this project  lol

Offline Stroezie

• Scientist
    • Planet Ares VI
« Reply #138 on: September 04, 2019, 05:57:34 PM »
Subliminal my big fat hairy beh...

TROLLS! TROLLS! TROLLS TROLLS! TROLLS!  :D

With a big dollop of awesome sauce just like the rest of this thread. 8)

Cheers,
Stroezie.

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
« Reply #139 on: September 04, 2019, 08:28:20 PM »
Awesome! Effective painting on those siege towers and overall a very tasty looking tabletop!

Offline tjub

• Librarian
« Reply #140 on: September 06, 2019, 05:13:40 AM »
Thanks all! :)

Well, I don't mind saying your execution was far better than my imagining of it!

Hmmmm, might you be making some big troll fellas to push those siege engines around? :D

I'm wondering how far I can subliminally guide this project  lol

Its a great idea, though a bit unpractical on the table Im afraid... Should have made the back door bigger, then we could have assumed there were a few trolls inside pushing it around. We will just have to wait and see I guess.  :D

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
« Reply #141 on: September 06, 2019, 07:20:24 AM »
Had to go back and look at your fortress again and god damn, it's awesome!

Offline tjub

• Librarian
« Reply #142 on: September 07, 2019, 09:31:25 AM »
For the second skirmish in our Vanguard campaign we played "Light the Beacon". After locating one of the camps for the Free Dwarfs Zharr'kus the Flayer aimed to send a message to the forces in Zar'Kraz with their position, using one of the old signal beacons, before the Free Dwarfs were able to relocate their supplies.

Zharr'kus attack force 200pts.

Free Dwarf defenders 175pts.

The old signal beacon is located up the mountainside on a small hill overlooking the valleys bellow. Our Abyssal Dwarf forces slowly advanced from within the cover of the tree while the Free Dwarfs scrambled their forces to defend the area.

The Free Dwarfs ran towards the beacon trying to destroy it once the our plans were clear to them. The old stone structure which had stood for hundreds and hundreds of years proved sturdy enough, and not easily destroyed.
Our forces had to keep their hats down and slaves up front since the bolts from the Dwarf scouts were hitting the trees and stones around our forces.

Horoth, our bull centaur, tried to go for a flanking maneuver where the ground was flatter while our main force advanced straight at the beacon.

The Dwarf Scouts spotted Horoth as soon as he emerged form the tree line and the brave centaur raised his two handed hammer and charged them, while taking several bolts piercing his armor. And he fell badly wounded on our left flank.

Our slave troops proved useful soaking several bolts as well and even got a few of the younger free dwarfs leave their positions behind the rocks and attack them. Clearly visible to our warriors who readied themselves for a counter charge towards the exposed and exhausted Dwarf troops.

The character known as Freddy the Weakling was spotted once again, blasting several fire balls into our ranks before quickly hiding behind the rocks again.
Zharr'kus bakred an offer of gold to anyone who brought him the Dwarf priests head.

Once stuck in brutal melee the weaker Dwarfs proved no match for our sturdy forces, and they fell one by one... Forcing both the boar riding Dwarf commander and the dog handler to engage.
The Dwarf commander raised his axe and proclaimed "I Pallinor the brave will avenge my people!"
Zharr'kus observed the Dwarf commander being surrounded by his warriors, and Pallinor taking several blows by the heavy two handed hammer. Crushing both shield and armor...

To the left Ruzh'ark the Immortal made quick work with both the scouts and dog handler alike. Zharr'kus felt pride in his black heart, few stand against one of the Immortals and keep their life.

The cape of Freddy the weakling was seen again as he ran past the Beacon and up the mountain side leaving dead and wounded Dwarfs where they lay.
Realising Freddy the Priest had fled and his last two warriors were badly wounded Pallinor ordered the retreat. And the reamaing Dwarf forces scattered once again...

Zharr'kus made sure all the Free Dwarfs he could see were dead, but wasted no time pursuing the fleeing Dwarfs. The Beacon was light and the message to the main force was sent. It would only be a matter of time before these mountains and mines were cleared and could be claimed properly for his father, praise Hashut! :hashut

After the battle Zharr'kus force found baggage which presumed belonged to the Dwarf priest including several tomes and potions forwarded to our sorcerers for further investigation, as well as gold, gunpowder and other supplies.
Horoths damages proved to be too much and didn't heal well. While surviving , Horoth had to be transported back to Zar'Kraz.
Both sides suffered minor wounds which had to be tended and a general rest was ordered.
In the following days word reached Zharr'kus that the caravan to Zar'Kraz had been attacked by Free Dwarf raiders, though they had been able to fight of the attackers supply had been lost. Including the tomes and potions just found... This most likely wouldnt be a random raid, but had to be a targeted attack given how may warriors the Free Dwarfs had lost in the campaign so far. Those tomes and potions had the be more valuable to the Free Dwarfs than he first though.

Zharr'kus cursed these land and their old inhabitants... "Flay them all! Let them for ever fly in the wind over the lands they hold so dear."
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 07:37:26 AM by tjub »

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
« Reply #143 on: September 09, 2019, 01:47:57 PM »
Great read, and tidy little game. What rules system do you use? Not sure I caught it, and if I did it fell out of my head.

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
« Reply #144 on: September 10, 2019, 07:00:34 AM »
Reading your AARs and watching your pictures sure is inspirational!

Offline gibby64

• Mad Scientist
  • Temple of the West
    • Temple of the West
« Reply #145 on: September 10, 2019, 02:50:02 PM »
Such a great looking compact little game.
Owner, Temple of the West
www.TempleWest.co

Offline tjub

• Librarian
« Reply #146 on: September 11, 2019, 05:19:45 AM »
Thanks a lot!
We use Mantics Vanguard rules, they are pretty enjoyable. :)

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
« Reply #147 on: September 11, 2019, 01:52:18 PM »
Not familiar with those. Are they suitable for solo play?

Offline tjub

• Librarian
« Reply #148 on: September 11, 2019, 07:24:49 PM »
Dont think so, but I have never played solo-games so no idea what to look for... :)

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
« Reply #149 on: September 11, 2019, 10:16:54 PM »
Dont think so, but I have never played solo-games so no idea what to look for... :)

Must be nice to have friends...  :'(

lol