Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:25:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690738
  • Total Topics: 118344
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Tjubs 15mm blog  (Read 29736 times)

Offline tjub

• Librarian
Re: Tjubs 15mm blog
« Reply #195 on: December 21, 2019, 08:38:52 AM »
They came out better than I imagined, and I imagined good.
Thanks! :)

Probably true, if I ever find time again to continue my tjublings army, I might steal that idea:)
Oh, I hope you do! What system do you use them for?

Gonna snatch that paintscheme if I ever try to build some crystal formations!
Jupp, guess the concept would work for any crystal/stone. Especially for smaller scales.

Those obsidian golems remind me of the "Sprue Necrons" some guy did for 40k.
lol

Offline tjub

• Librarian
« Reply #196 on: December 21, 2019, 08:42:04 AM »
Tjubgobs with Boomsticks - Increasingly, Tjubling overlords have found it worthwhile to equip their Tjubling underlings with strong but primitive blackpowder weapons. The arquebuses are known as Boomsticks among the superstitious steppe tribes, and they convey great prestige on the handgunner. For they hold part of the power of the Storm God in their hands!

Tjubgob Storm Guard - To be a leader of Tjubgobs is to live in constant fear. Power instinct (called paranoia by foreigners) makes Tjubgob leaders watch their every step, and makes them trust no one. Some of the tribe’s best warriors - and especially poor Tjubgobs who theoretically be very grateful for such a promotion - will often be chosen to join the prestigious Storm Guard, armed with glaives and tasked with defending their leader’s life with their own interposed. Costly generosity usually keep the Storm Guard reasonably loyal, yet all too often one Warchief is succeeded by his ambitious Storm Guard captain, thanks to poison, a knife in the back or more ingenious methods of treachery.

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
« Reply #197 on: December 21, 2019, 06:05:50 PM »
Tjubgobs with Boomsticks - Increasingly, Tjubling overlords have found it worthwhile to equip their Tjubling underlings with strong but primitive blackpowder weapons. The arquebuses are known as Boomsticks among the superstitious steppe tribes, and they convey great prestige on the handgunner. For they hold part of the power of the Storm God in their hands!

Tjubgob Storm Guard - To be a leader of Tjubgobs is to live in constant fear. Power instinct (called paranoia by foreigners) makes Tjubgob leaders watch their every step, and makes them trust no one. Some of the tribe’s best warriors - and especially poor Tjubgobs who theoretically be very grateful for such a promotion - will often be chosen to join the prestigious Storm Guard, armed with glaives and tasked with defending their leader’s life with their own interposed. Costly generosity usually keep the Storm Guard reasonably loyal, yet all too often one Warchief is succeeded by his ambitious Storm Guard captain, thanks to poison, a knife in the back or more ingenious methods of treachery.

Totally awesome! Those gobbos kick ass! I want them!

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #198 on: December 21, 2019, 06:07:52 PM »
Thanks! :)
Oh, I hope you do! What system do you use them for?
Jupp, guess the concept would work for any crystal/stone. Especially for smaller scales.
 lol

I use them for warhammer and SoBH. Though your games with KoW and the respective skirmish system made me want to try these two, too. I sadly don’t have a shop nearby and currently am not very mobile (with my little chaos dwarf princess approaching her first birthday, this may change, however, soon).

Offline tjub

• Librarian
« Reply #199 on: December 27, 2019, 02:29:01 PM »
I use them for warhammer and SoBH. Though your games with KoW and the respective skirmish system made me want to try these two, too. I sadly don’t have a shop nearby and currently am not very mobile (with my little chaos dwarf princess approaching her first birthday, this may change, however, soon).

My best tip would be to get a friend or two interested and start playing with them. Or build two armies and invite friends to play... That the best part of 15mm, its easy to both store and buy. :P

Offline tjub

• Librarian
« Reply #200 on: December 27, 2019, 02:30:01 PM »
Finished my Obsidian Golems as well, these will be a great addition to the battlefield... :)

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
    • 3d designs can be found at Thingiverse
« Reply #201 on: December 27, 2019, 06:50:07 PM »
Nordic Weasel does some really good solo rule sets. I am in a similar scenario without another soul to play with on a regular basis. Solo gaming has been very fun!

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #202 on: December 27, 2019, 09:48:47 PM »
My best tip would be to get a friend or two interested and start playing with them. Or build two armies and invite friends to play... That the best part of 15mm, its easy to both store and buy. :P

I totally agree, but it doesn’t solve the time problem (and the problem of finding people willing to play at baby-friendly hours)...but this will change.

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #203 on: December 27, 2019, 09:50:29 PM »
Nordic Weasel does some really good solo rule sets. I am in a similar scenario without another soul to play with on a regular basis. Solo gaming has been very fun!

I do like Nordic Weasel and have purchased quite a lot from them..,but sadly they dont have a single player rank and file wargame yet, have they?

Where are you based, if I may ask?

Offline tjub

• Librarian
« Reply #204 on: December 31, 2019, 08:46:07 AM »
Here is my Infernox for KoW, a fusion of Abyssal Dwarf and Obsidian.

Offline tjub

• Librarian
« Reply #205 on: January 03, 2020, 04:39:41 PM »
Since Kings of War 3ed dropped Ive been really eager to get my Abyssal Dwarfs up to a decent army size. Managed to field a 2000pts army, but aim to knock out a few of the bigger/easier pieces before painting Infantry and sculpting more Tjublings. (Which will come soon anyway...) But here's my conversion of the Abyssal Dwarf Supreme Ironcaster on a Great Winged Half breed. A Tjubling version would Ideally be more in line of a "classic" Lamassu, but I think this conversion fits the frame atleast as a big mutated winged monster with magical abilities. :)

« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 04:43:16 PM by tjub »

Offline Skullhamma

• Scientist
    • 15mm through space and time blog
« Reply #206 on: January 04, 2020, 12:26:38 PM »
Great additions to your CD line! That Lamawockey is awesome!

Offline tjub

• Librarian
« Reply #207 on: January 06, 2020, 09:48:33 AM »
Great additions to your CD line! That Lamawockey is awesome!
Thanks!
Hehe, jupp it came out better than I thought. Heres my 15mm conversion of an ”Overmaster on Ancient winged halfbreed” for KoW.

Offline tjub

• Librarian
« Reply #208 on: January 08, 2020, 05:22:53 AM »
Lets FIREBALL something! :D

Offline tjub

• Librarian
« Reply #209 on: January 12, 2020, 09:43:25 AM »
And he is ready for battle in the upcoming "KoW International Campaign Day", hopefully Ill be able to field atleast 3000pts for Mantics KoW summar campaign "Halpi's Rift".