Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:50:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Tjubs 15mm blog  (Read 29407 times)

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
    • 3d designs can be found at Thingiverse
Re: 15mm Evil Dwarves - Tjublings
« Reply #75 on: April 26, 2019, 02:52:30 PM »
Those imps are spectacular. I will keep my eye open for them.

Offline Lost Egg

• Mastermind
« Reply #76 on: April 26, 2019, 02:55:57 PM »
Whoa they are tiny...and characterful :D
My current project...Classic Wargame - An experiment in 24" of wargaming!

https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=140633.new#new

Offline tjub

• Librarian
« Reply #77 on: May 18, 2019, 04:07:35 PM »
I play alot of 15mm Kings of War these days, so I thought I needed some proper rules for the Tjubgobs as well. It's worth to mention as well that I aim to cover all of the army entries through Admiralty Miniatures as well, most of which have already been sculpted (and will be released in the fullness of time). The Tjubgob lore has been a co-operation between Mathias and myself.

The Tjubgobs are considered to be an Evil army closely allied to the Tjublings/Abyssal Dwarfs.

The steppe tribes goes to war:
Tjubgob armylist v1.1 for Kings of War

Feel free to post any feedback, questions or corrections bellow.

Offline tjub

• Librarian
« Reply #78 on: May 19, 2019, 04:51:39 PM »
Inspired by Mathias Rizells great drawings of evil dwarfs inhabiting the T9A world, I got the urge to try out some different painting and basing for the Tjublings. The world of the Ashlands has been growing as well, in secret temples and behind locked doors...

Offline Lost Egg

• Mastermind
« Reply #79 on: May 19, 2019, 05:10:19 PM »
I like the gritty look.

Offline tjub

• Librarian
« Reply #80 on: May 26, 2019, 07:32:49 AM »
200pts Kings of War - Vanguard, Abyssal Dwarfs vs Dwarfs - "the Dragon's Egg"

Hade two great games of 15mm KoW Vanguard yesterday, the first was ”the Dragon Egg”. Where some Dwarf rangers were about to rob the nest of a dragon, but were intercepted by Chaos Dwarfs which had other plans...
Epic moments were when the mother dragon came down to roast one of the rangers and the oh so brave Dwarf Captain on a boar tried to ride down the K’daii.
Once the battlefield was secure and the last Dwarfs had fled the Chaos Dwarfs sent the remaining flee bitten slave orc to capture the egg... The dragon will be raised to Hashuts honor! :hat off

Deployment, with the ranger about the get the egg.

The Chaos Dwarves running as fast as they can trying to intercept...

...which was solved by the mother dragon her self luckily, badly hurting one of the Rangers.

Freddy the Dwarf wizard fire of some magic while the other Dwarfs brace for impact.

Mayhem breaks out as the Dwarfs are eager for battle and counter charges!

Meanwhile Sir Ulf the Boartamer tries to ride down the K'daii by himself, which despite Sir Ulf being a capable dwarf with a mighty axe didn't end well for him...

The two Rangers are struggling with the egg, which now seems to be a race against time with the Chaos Dwarfs quickly decimating their forces!

When one of the Rangers flee the battle the remaining wounded one are quickly stricken down by the surviving flea-bitten slave orc. Which is ordered to secure the dragons egg with the Chaos Dwarfs surveilling on a safe distance should the mother return... :hat off

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
« Reply #81 on: May 26, 2019, 06:59:40 PM »
This looks absolutely brilliant! I love the smaller scales because they give you such a good idea of sizes of terrain and monsters. Much better imho than traditional 28mm. And your tabletop is simply beautifully painted.

Offline tjub

• Librarian
« Reply #82 on: May 28, 2019, 06:51:52 PM »
This looks absolutely brilliant! I love the smaller scales because they give you such a good idea of sizes of terrain and monsters. Much better imho than traditional 28mm. And your tabletop is simply beautifully painted.
Thanks, and I agree. Still play some 28mm but 15mm has been the main scale for years now. Love it!  :-*

200pts Kings of War - Vanguard, Abyssal Dwarfs vs Dwarfs

Our second Vanguard fight for the evening. The original plan was to follow up the first skirmish with a Kings of War battle and use the "hook/bonus" described in the senario for the upcomming battle. But since we havent played alot of Vanguard and it was great fun, we decided to go with another skrimish to get all the rules down.

The second senario was "The Power Stones", ancient nodes of power located across the land. These stones give in game benefits to magic users and leaders if they are close by.
Since we hadnt really planed for two Vanguard skirmished we used the same warbands as before.

...again the Dwarfs made good use of the Rangers which already had located the objective and claimed two of the three. Our proud Chaos Dwarf forces had to leg it up the battlefield to contest them. Of course we made good use of the slave orcs again and forces one of them to run up to the big objective disregarding the enemy forces. I was obviously a worthless slave anyway since he didnt survive contact with the enemy forces, but it was a good plan none the less since it hindered the Dwarfs from securing the big objective in the center. Leaving the first turns of battle with both forces wrestleing for control of the big center objective and securing one each of the smaller stones.

Having made quick work the slave orc the Dwarfs had the curage up and Ulf the Dwarf commander ordered them to take positions around the big objective. The bold Dwarf was a fool though. It should be noted that one shall always send the disposable slave troops first. A lesson our brave Chaos Dwarfs taught well, the K'daii charged forward to meet the Dwarf commander in single battle again. After both sides exhausted themselfs Ulf finally fell of his pig once again... With their commander slayed and the Chaos Dwarfs engageing all along the line the battle was soon over. The Rangers managed to slay the K'daii before the both fell to our axes. The only surviving Dwarf was Freddy 'the oh not so brave' Stonepriest who managed to outrun our more heavily armed forces...

The powerstone are secured and our sorcerors have started to tap into their power for their summoning rituals...
In the heat of the battle we kinda forgot to take pictures. :cheers :hat off

Offline tjub

• Librarian
« Reply #83 on: June 03, 2019, 04:19:45 AM »
Here are some more examples from the Ashlands... :)

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
« Reply #84 on: June 04, 2019, 10:11:30 AM »
Lovely set of pictures!

Offline tjub

• Librarian
« Reply #85 on: June 25, 2019, 03:58:41 AM »
Death from behind, 15mm Tjubgob/Hobgoblin Assassin!

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
« Reply #86 on: June 25, 2019, 02:49:43 PM »
That little fella is awesome. A really nasty skulker he is!

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
« Reply #87 on: June 26, 2019, 02:42:43 PM »
If I got into fantasy, I'd love to get some of your minis!

Offline tjub

• Librarian
« Reply #88 on: July 03, 2019, 05:13:07 AM »
@DivisMal: Thanks!

@Ockman: Oh, then you definitely should!  ;)

Ive finally got some time to paint up the terrain I got from Croms Anvil. Fits the Tjunbling range perfect IMO.

Summoning of the K'daii...

...only from the true darkness can the shadow demons be called forth.

Offline tjub

• Librarian
« Reply #89 on: July 09, 2019, 04:24:40 AM »
Painted up a bunch of generic Hobgoblins for Admiralty Miniatures Kickstarter, but haven't really decided where to go with them for my own army yet. Considering a more uniform look to them, Im sure the Tjubling overlords won't stand for that rag tag look they normally display.
Theme here is very much inspired by the Great Khan himself! Thoughts/feedback?