Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2018, 12:22:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1254303
  • Total Topics: 88421
  • Online Today: 91
  • Online Ever: 697
  • (July 31, 2016, 09:46:52 PM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Last Days Zombie Apocalypse review and house rules  (Read 175 times)

Offline Pijlie

• mad scientist
    • Pijlie's blog
Last Days Zombie Apocalypse review and house rules
« on: September 14, 2018, 06:40:14 AM »
Lately Osprey has increased its menu of wargames rules with the zombie variant and published Ash Barkers' Last Days: Zombie Apocalyps.

Since I am a great lover of the zombie gaming genre but good rules are few and far between I inquired after these rules, read some (positive) reviews and, encouraged, proceeded to buy and play them. This resulted in a pleasant Friday night game of about 90 minutes in excellent company. However, how did LD:ZA conduct itself?

You can read it here. https://pijlieblog.blogspot.com/2018/09/last-days-zombie-apocalypse-unhappy.html

Since I wasn't very happy about the game but still liked some bits of it a lot, a friend of mine and me set to develop house ruled fixes. These are here:

https://pijlieblog.blogspot.com/2018/09/last-days-zombie-apocalypse-houseruling.html

I'd like to hear what you think about the houserules.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 06:44:15 AM by Pijlie »
I wish I were a glowworm
'cause glowworms 're never glum
How can you be grumpy
When the sun shines out yer bum?

Offline Treebeard

• mad scientist
  • Lazy French Painter
    • Painting Log
Re: Last Days Zombie Apocalypse review and house rules
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2018, 09:31:09 AM »
Thanks for this review. Interesting

Offline Vampifan

• scientist
    • Vampifan's World of the Undead
Re: Last Days Zombie Apocalypse review and house rules
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2018, 02:09:25 PM »
That is a very fair and honest assessment of the rules. I, too, think they are disappointing but I do like your house rules a lot. That said, it is not a game I shall be playing, especially when there are far better rules systems available.