Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:05:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690771
  • Total Topics: 118348
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: 30 Years of War in 15 Millimeters of Pewter  (Read 4861 times)

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
Re: 30 Years of War in 15 Millimeters of Pewter
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2018, 12:51:41 PM »
Outstanding paintjob! Very well done!
Real tabletop gems! Bravo!  :-*
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates. – Mark Twain, Life on the Mississippi

Offline Orctrader

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Orctrader's Painted Figures
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2018, 05:11:34 PM »
Brilliant stuff.  28mm would be excellent, but at 15mm  :o

Offline jamopower

• Bookworm
    • My blog
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2019, 01:32:46 PM »
I painted some cavalry, Totentanz reiters and officers and Wargamer Dragoons to get my army to a level where I could actually play with it. That should happen in few next weeks. Game of choice will be By Fire and Sword with the new Task force expansion that fits quit well to the scale I'm looking for. The rules also look very interesting.

Well, anyways, here they are. The infantry is also on the backgound. I'm quite happy for the force as it is and next up I'll paint some cannons (more than I will ever need).

30 Year War Swedes by saimaanrannalta, on Flickr

The Wargamer dragoons are quite horrible casts and the horses are visibly smaller than the Totentanz versions. That doesn't matter too much as I can say that they are Finnish horsemen as their horses have been described very small. Still won't be getting more of them for this army. Although I still have 5 bases of reiters that came with the Swedish skirmish force box. Infantry on the other hand is nice and fits well with the Totentanz models. After I get the cannons and remaining reiters done, I suppose I'll have to get some Croat cavalry and bit more Reiters and I could even get two small forces for Task force out of my collection.

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2019, 05:37:27 PM »
By Fire and Sword figures are beautiful, I have several of them and for Totentanz I was drooling long ago but never got any, they are really first rate! I think all three companies blend well, you are creating a gorgeous army and I'm eager to see them in action!

Offline fred

• Galactic Brain
    • Miniature Gaming
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2019, 08:31:52 PM »
These really are some lovely looking figures. Looking forward to seeing more.

next up I'll paint some cannons (more than I will ever need).

You can never have too many cannons!

Offline jamopower

• Bookworm
    • My blog
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2019, 08:22:43 AM »
As an old artilleryman (and a Warhammer Dwarf player) I have to agree on that :)

By Fire and Sword figures are beautiful, I have several of them and for Totentanz I was drooling long ago but never got any, they are really first rate! I think all three companies blend well, you are creating a gorgeous army and I'm eager to see them in action!

Yes, I think the problem here is that the Totentanz models are even better, so they lose in comparison. The Totentanz models are also bit cheaper, although it is offset bit by them not having the bases included.

Offline chema1986

• Scientist
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2019, 08:36:29 AM »
Very nice army! Congratulations!