Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:30:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686473
  • Total Topics: 118102
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Kill Team  (Read 3160 times)

Offline opponenttheory

• Scientist
    • My blog about painting
Kill Team
« on: September 17, 2018, 12:32:52 AM »
Whilst I'm a bit of a fan of the 40k setting I've not had much interest in painting the models since I don't have the money or patience to paint an entire army and neither do I care much for tanks and big beasts. This kill team though is something I could get into.

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
Re: Kill Team
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2018, 09:28:10 AM »
Very nice painting.

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2018, 09:48:32 AM »
Very nice! I'm of a similar mind with Kill Team. I used to like 2nd ed 40k (or was it 1st?) where the focus was more on infantry.

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2018, 10:00:28 AM »
Nice colours! I was thinking of something similar, perhaps very slightly darker, for my 30K Alpha Legion Kill Team. Nice face on the squad leader too.

Offline fred

• Galactic Brain
    • Miniature Gaming
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2018, 10:22:19 AM »
Very nicely done.

I too am attracted to Kill Team by the low model count. I’m busy building a Tau force.

Offline opponenttheory

• Scientist
    • My blog about painting
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2018, 12:21:58 AM »
Very nice! I'm of a similar mind with Kill Team. I used to like 2nd ed 40k (or was it 1st?) where the focus was more on infantry.

I haven't played an actual tabletop game since 2nd all of 25 years ago... which does put me off going into a store to play against strangers. I would like to actually play with my toy soldiers one day though.

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2018, 09:07:12 AM »
I haven't played an actual tabletop game since 2nd all of 25 years ago... which does put me off going into a store to play against strangers. I would like to actually play with my toy soldiers one day though.
I know the feeling.

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2018, 10:05:57 AM »
Great minis!

LOL, exactly my thing, I only play with friends, just play for the games sake with somebody I do not know is not my idea of having fun.
Kill Team is IMO very good to get together with some friends and play a game or two.
I played 2 games and had fun. IMO it is better to get into it if you have NO experience with the current 40K  version.
Some rules have the same name but are different. GW is lacking a file which points out the differences.
And do not get the impression that KT is an easy game, IMO more complicated as the current 40K.
cheers and keep on gaming, Agis - http://www.adpublishing.de

Offline Inso

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Often confused or misunderstood...
    • Inso's World
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2018, 12:51:14 PM »
Great looking paint jobs on those :)

I'm not convinced about the pink/purple helmet on the Sgt... but I guess it contrasts well with the blue.

Nicely weathered... not too much and not too little :)

Offline Breazer

• Mad Scientist
    • Breaz Brushes
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2018, 09:21:09 PM »
I agree. The task of painting an entire army and a board to play on has always been a giant mountain of a task for me. Kill team offers a lot more flavour for a lot less money, miniatures and time. It also allows you to try out some other teams and dabble with armies you never liked enough for a large force but wouldnt mind owning a few miniatures of.

Your team is looking really cool!

Offline opponenttheory

• Scientist
    • My blog about painting
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2018, 02:01:23 AM »
Great looking paint jobs on those :)

I'm not convinced about the pink/purple helmet on the Sgt... but I guess it contrasts well with the blue.

Nicely weathered... not too much and not too little :)

It's supposed to be a desaturated red to match the blue. I was using painting techniques that I don't normally use and have a few things to work out. I have a set of primaris reivers that I'll be painting each in a different colour for practice.

Great minis!
LOL, exactly my thing, I only play with friends, just play for the games sake with somebody I do not know is not my idea of having fun.
Kill Team is IMO very good to get together with some friends and play a game or two.
I played 2 games and had fun. IMO it is better to get into it if you have NO experience with the current 40K  version.
Some rules have the same name but are different. GW is lacking a file which points out the differences.
And do not get the impression that KT is an easy game, IMO more complicated as the current 40K.

Thanks that's good to know. The variety of rules is what puts me off as I don't have a good memory for that type of thing.

I agree. The task of painting an entire army and a board to play on has always been a giant mountain of a task for me. Kill team offers a lot more flavour for a lot less money, miniatures and time. It also allows you to try out some other teams and dabble with armies you never liked enough for a large force but wouldnt mind owning a few miniatures of.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to painting a few more teams. Should be a good way to build up a bitz box as I'd like to do some converting at some point.

Offline Tungdil

• Scientist
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2018, 09:09:09 AM »
Superb paintjob!  :o

Offline chickenbane

• Scientist
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2018, 09:53:04 AM »
Nice work. They really look like they've been out in the field!

Having played a few games of killteam I find it a very enjoyable pastime. The initiative roll and shooting one model at a time really gives it a fair bit of tactical depth as opposed to the bigger 40K version. I find the scenarios could be a bit
more diverse though.
Paraquat Welcomes Careful Drivers a sort of narrative blog.

Slag Valley Bullett in the grim darkness of the far future, there is a newspaper.

Offline fred

• Galactic Brain
    • Miniature Gaming
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2018, 08:41:11 PM »

This is very much why I like Kill Team, a lot of my gaming group are long term 40k players, and have big armies and are quite happy to add new stuff as it comes out - probably as they just see these as addons and aren’t to expensive. But starting from scratch for me would be a huge thing both from cost and time. Plus I find the shear amount of figures and dice rolling make 40k hard work. Whereas kill team is the same idea rules wise and fluff wise, but simplifies the codex part down to a few pages and an army down to 5-15 figures which is much more manageable from a purchasing and painting perspective.

Offline opponenttheory

• Scientist
    • My blog about painting
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2018, 03:14:10 PM »
I picked up a set of reivers to practice painting the different chapters. They all turned out okay, some better than others, but my favourite is probably the dark angel though perhaps it looks more like a chaos marine.