Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 04:27:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689217
  • Total Topics: 118264
  • Online Today: 500
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Looking for PA rules  (Read 1799 times)

Offline Lord GreyWolf

• Mad Scientist
Looking for PA rules
« on: September 17, 2018, 07:57:43 AM »
I've seen the thread with the list of PA rule sets but I am uncertain as to which would suit my needs.

I am looking for rule sets that would enable me to make states and equip the follow minis:

The Gorilla team is my Sons while the T.Rex is mine.

thx for any and all help given.

LGW

Offline Randall

• Student
Re: Looking for PA rules
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2018, 02:59:36 PM »
I have two recommendations (and they're both relatively inexpensive as pdfs).

I would recommend Mutants and Death Ray Guns (MDRG). With MDRG, it's very easy to create a variety of creature types. And, while they're officially different systems, the Song of Blades and Heroes system uses the same mechanic, so I've occasionally borrowed skills from that system to expand MDRG options.

Another option I would recommend considering is Blasters and Bulkheads (B&B). B&B is not specifically PA but I like the character build system--it's easy to create all kinds of creature types with different abilities and eqipment.

Offline Treebeard

• Mad Scientist
  • Lazy French Painter
    • Painting Log
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2018, 04:20:57 PM »
Considering the mini you are showing Pulp Alley might be an option even if not PA specific.

Offline Lord GreyWolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2018, 06:47:49 PM »
I have two recommendations (and they're both relatively inexpensive as pdfs).

I would recommend Mutants and Death Ray Guns (MDRG). With MDRG, it's very easy to create a variety of creature types. And, while they're officially different systems, the Song of Blades and Heroes system uses the same mechanic, so I've occasionally borrowed skills from that system to expand MDRG options.

Another option I would recommend considering is Blasters and Bulkheads (B&B). B&B is not specifically PA but I like the character build system--it's easy to create all kinds of creature types with different abilities and eqipment.

I have Blasters and Bulk head I hadn't had much chance to read through it. And it seems to be similar to the likes of Super Mission Force. The rule set I am trying to find need to be simple enough for my 10 year old son to understand but still give us some depth in game play and team building.  Will check out MDRG see what that is like as well thanks for the recommendations.

LGW

Offline Lord GreyWolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2018, 06:48:31 PM »
Considering the mini you are showing Pulp Alley might be an option even if not PA specific.

Will check that rule set out and see how it looks.. thx for your reply.

LGW

Offline Mensn

• Assistant
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2018, 05:22:02 AM »
Maybe Mutants and Death Ray Guns by Ganesha Games. Simple but fun system. The Project Simian expansion covers apes:

http://www.ganeshagames.net/index.php?cPath=1_9

Offline Lord GreyWolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2018, 05:42:50 AM »
Maybe Mutants and Death Ray Guns by Ganesha Games. Simple but fun system. The Project Simian expansion covers apes:

http://www.ganeshagames.net/index.php?cPath=1_9

I'm currently looking at that rule set just waiting for payday to buy the PDF version. Just looked at the Simian expansion list of content and it has Raptorz hoping I might be able to stat out my T-Rex with those..
Will see if I can find some reviews on the expansion.

cheers
LGW

Offline Faust23

• Mastermind
  • Father of Sorrows
    • Strategic Elite: Skirmish Wargames for the Discerning Strategist
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2018, 09:05:36 PM »
Didn't you settle on Scrappers? :)
Author of the Origins Award 2013 Nominated Brink of Battle: Skirmish Gaming through the Ages; Epic Heroes: Skirmish Gaming in the Realms of Fantasy; and Scrappers: Post-Apocalyptic Skirmish Wargames published by Osprey Games

Offline Lord GreyWolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2018, 09:09:55 PM »
Didn't you settle on Scrappers? :)

Yup after Jason Got my T.Rex to work in my Team as my Leader.
The book is currently in transit to me.

LGW

Offline NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
    • Victory Decision Vietnam
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2018, 07:10:13 PM »
The main problem with Scrappers (and other good systems) is the limitation to a small amount of figures. I hoped for a second book with more alternative rules that brings the system on to more figures...

Victory Decision Vietnam here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=43264.0

Victory Decision Spacelords here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=68939.0

My pictures: http://pictures.dirknet.de/