Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:09:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Quay Tower Bridge Wooden Kit - could it work for 28mm?  (Read 724 times)

Offline Archie

• Mad Scientist
    • The Grinning Frog
Quay Tower Bridge Wooden Kit - could it work for 28mm?
« on: September 20, 2018, 06:10:58 PM »
Hi,

I know from experience that the Quay model kits are all over the place scalewise. I am building up on a project to build part of a futuristic city but on a bit of a budget. This caught my eye and for only £12 I was thinking it might make a good, i.e. fancy and imposing, foot bridge - maybe bikes as well.

It all depends on whether that arch in the centre of the bridge is tall enough for a 28mm/32mm figure to fit through/stand in. The description says the bridge is 12cm wide so I think the arch might be around 5 or 6 ... so given the arch height it should be good...wondered if anyone had first hand experience of this?

The link on Amazon is https://www.amazon.co.uk/Quay-Tower-Bridge-Woodcraft-Construction/dp/B000640TZQ/ref=sr_1_2?s=kids&ie=UTF8&qid=1537462050&sr=1-2&keywords=quay

As I say I have some experience of their kits and have used a couple in games. I am very likely going to purchase their Big Ben model as a clock tower and maybe their Eiffel Tower as some satellite transmitting station...

Offline FinnN

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Librarian
Re: Quay Tower Bridge Wooden Kit - could it work for 28mm?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2018, 07:07:28 PM »
Comparing the height of the tower and the arch it looks more like it would be around 3cm tall to me.

Interesting model though...

Offline Archie

• Mad Scientist
    • The Grinning Frog
Re: Quay Tower Bridge Wooden Kit - could it work for 28mm?
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2018, 07:09:46 PM »
If that's the case then it would be just exactly a bit small!

I am also tempted by their Eiffel tower which on re-reading the information stands a whopping 53cm tall - now that's quite a landscape piece for the table!