Forum > The Second World War

On The Day, Went The Eagle's Landing Well?

(1/42) > >>

Mad Lord Snapcase:
Vagabond, Doug em4 and myself have a game planned for November which I have entitled "On The Day, Went The Eagle's Landing Well?" It is set in September 1940 a few days after Army Group A under von Runstedt has established a beach-head from Portsmouth to Ramsgate. More of the scenario later. Needless to say the game, the miniatures, the plot etc. will be Hollywood-style rather than historically accurate, my apologies to the purists among you.

I have just completed my U-Boot crew to be commanded by Doug em4 who will be playing the part of Kapitänleutnant Günther Prien.

L-R: Matrose Friedrich Engelmann, Obergrefreiter Albert Zöller, Oberleutnant Hans Bothmann, Oberbootsmann August Ronshausen, Kapitänleutnant Günther Prien, Stabsmaschinist Gustav Böhm, Obersteuermann Hans Sammann, Obermaschinist Gustav Werder, Matrose Heinrich Heinz, Fähnrich z. See Iwan Oldekop.

Ultravanillasmurf:
Nice job.

I love the invisible bases.

Tell us more...

Doug ex-em4:
A very handsome and stalwart bunch as befits their commander (me). Cracking job, m’lud - looking forward to leading them into battle.

Doug

Mad Lord Snapcase:
Thanks, chaps.   :)

The Luftwaffe contingent is not quite finished yet but here is a picture of their commander, Staffelkapitän Peter Wilhelm Stahl (Vagabond) having a chat with Gunther Prien (Doug em4).

Vagabond thinks I have painted Stahl as either taking cocaine or playing the harmonica! Doug em4 thinks he is putting his false teeth back in! Any other theories?

Poiter50:
Vagabond? Never heard of them down here in the Colonies? :?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version