Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 02:45:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689757
  • Total Topics: 118293
  • Online Today: 786
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Mordheim or wyrdwars  (Read 1734 times)

Offline Zeebeest

• Bookworm
Mordheim or wyrdwars
« on: September 25, 2018, 12:32:58 PM »
Hi guys,

As mentioned in the title. Which do you prefer and why? Mordheim or Wyrdwars?

Or is there some other gem out there that I need to know about.

Greetings,

Zeebeest.

Offline MagpieJono

• Scientist
Re: Mordheim or wyrdwars
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 03:10:44 PM »
I've never heard of Wyrdwars but Mordheim is an absolute gem of a game.

Offline Tungdil

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2018, 03:40:33 PM »
It seems to be the same game, with a New name and modified rules.

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2018, 10:57:42 PM »
Wyrdwars is an ongoing development of Coreheim which was a fan based clean up of Mordheim.  Wyrdwars seems to go further towards levelling the warbands and fixing some of the problems a lot of people see with the original GW game and the poorly tested way it developed past the initial release.

Both sets are free, Wyrdwars is all together in on place while Mordheim is a bit of a web-archive hunt to get all the expansion bits together, the warbands are virtually identical so figure choice is pretty much the same either way.

Personally I am an original Mordheim fan so my biased suggestion would be to go with the original. That said Coreheim or Wyrdwars deserve support for the enthusiasm that is behind them and the quality of what has been produced (and huge kudos for keeping the game going after GW dropped it).

Offline Faust23

• Mastermind
  • Father of Sorrows
    • Strategic Elite: Skirmish Wargames for the Discerning Strategist
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2018, 01:57:24 AM »
This might scratch your itch. Its free, so there's that. :)

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=111976.0
Author of the Origins Award 2013 Nominated Brink of Battle: Skirmish Gaming through the Ages; Epic Heroes: Skirmish Gaming in the Realms of Fantasy; and Scrappers: Post-Apocalyptic Skirmish Wargames published by Osprey Games

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2018, 08:45:31 AM »
Wyrdwars is an ongoing development of Coreheim which was a fan based clean up of Mordheim.  Wyrdwars seems to go further towards levelling the warbands and fixing some of the problems a lot of people see with the original GW game and the poorly tested way it developed past the initial release.

Both sets are free, Wyrdwars is all together in on place while Mordheim is a bit of a web-archive hunt to get all the expansion bits together, the warbands are virtually identical so figure choice is pretty much the same either way.

Personally I am an original Mordheim fan so my biased suggestion would be to go with the original. That said Coreheim or Wyrdwars deserve support for the enthusiasm that is behind them and the quality of what has been produced (and huge kudos for keeping the game going after GW dropped it).

+1