Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:41:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: [KICKSTARTER] Hagglethorn Hollow  (Read 7527 times)

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
Re: [KICKSTARTER] Hagglethorn Hollow
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2018, 02:43:51 PM »
The larger buildings are now available as add ons without the included dungeon level, effectively making them "Street Level" like most tabletop buildings.

Also has the benefit of making them about 30% cheaper!
The "Street Level" Tavern is still a hefty 12" high, 12" long and 9" wide and available fully painted for $85 ($75 unpainted)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/troubadour/hagglethorn-hollow/description

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2021, 01:38:12 PM »
Yes... some may consider this thread necromancy but I think it is important to bring the older comments into the ongoing discussion as we, hopefully, grow ever closer to the fulfillment of this KS.

Folks in NZ have had theirs. ShipQuest and QML have said fulfillment should begin very soon, like next week soon.

https://de-de.facebook.com/tabletoptroubadour/photos/pb.1052936691384533.-2207520000../4062600397084799/?type=3&theater

And...

https://www.shipquest.co.uk/blog/eu-blog-april-13th

And...

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=235268181718125&set=a.216441693600774

Seeing examples from folks in NZ has me much less worried about the factory paintwork.

But this has been such a challenging KS. The communication from JFA and Ike has been terrible. Delays are to be expected with KS but there is no excuse for poor communication in this age of online communities.

Will there be more kickstarters from them? Will they do the STL campaign with Printable Scenery? Will they do the Zombicide bases in partnership with CMON? Will we ever see Johnny’s trees?

Will the management of this KS affect your willingness to back them in the future? Or do you think the final product may make it all worthwhile?

Edit: Tabletop Troubadour has stated in their latest update that the STL campaign with Printable Scenery will be in 8 weeks.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2021, 02:39:57 PM by Rick W. »
Home of the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2021, 07:50:10 AM »
Further to the last... last night we got three emails with tracking numbers from ShipQuest, the EU fulfillment center for HH. Another step closer!

Offline Elk101

• Elder God
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2021, 08:48:25 AM »
Given the nature of the thread it's not a problem to add information on fulfilment of the kickstarter to this thread. Believe me, I've seen a lot worse (people restarting conversations on 10 year old threads with posters who haven't been online for 4 years, etc!).

Offline Mister Frau Blucher

• Scientist
    • Swords Under Distant Suns
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2021, 11:44:00 AM »
That's great news, Rick! Looking forward to your pics and reaction.

Still kicking myself for not getting into this. I thought a few times about clicking on their "Late Pledge" button. But as the years stretched on, I didn't think it would fulfill. Glad for everyone that did go in that I was wrong on that score!

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2021, 12:14:30 PM »
Well, until the boxes are here I am going to try not to get my hopes too high but yeah that is difficult given how much my wife and I loved the HH aesthetic the minute we saw it on YouTube.

We went in big, the whole village and some add ons... factory painted.

So thankfully I do not have a huge addition to my workload with HH... however....

Our Tabletop World buildings have been sitting unpainted because I wanted to wait until HH arrived to ensure I painted a complimentary paint scheme. So once HH arrives I can start feeling guilty about those being undone.

Offline gibby64

• Mad Scientist
  • Temple of the West
    • Temple of the West
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2021, 01:47:59 PM »
I went all in with the painted set, which not a small sum! I'm very anxiously awaiting this to arrive. The approach TTG has taken with communication is complete garbage. Never speaking directly or answering questions has cost them hundreds of backers with future campaigns. Using a barely knowledgeable JK as a middleman was a very poor choice. Delays are expected with kickstarters, but that's where constant communication fills in the gaps. The kickstarter will deliver, but i consider the overall campaign a huge failure.
Owner, Temple of the West
www.TempleWest.co

Offline bc99

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2021, 04:17:34 PM »
Ugh I almost backed this glad I did not. I went through a very similar campaign with Otherworld miniatures for their dungeon adventurers. The delay was years. All one can do is hang in there. Good luck.

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2021, 04:20:54 PM »
I went all in with the painted set, which not a small sum! I'm very anxiously awaiting this to arrive. The approach TTG has taken with communication is complete garbage. Never speaking directly or answering questions has cost them hundreds of backers with future campaigns. Using a barely knowledgeable JK as a middleman was a very poor choice. Delays are expected with kickstarters, but that's where constant communication fills in the gaps. The kickstarter will deliver, but i consider the overall campaign a huge failure.

I agree completely with that. Although it seems that it will deliver I will certainly not back another Kickstarter project from TTG. I have absolutely no confidence in their ability to manage a campaign, this one seems to be scraping through despite them rather than because of them.

On top of that the market has moved on to the point that commercial 3D printed scenery is now a better option; better designs,  better product (thinner, lighter construction) and readily available for about the same price.

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2021, 05:37:33 PM »
I would not be surprised if Tabletop Troubadour has a plan for only STL files in the future.

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2021, 05:55:13 PM »
We just received shipping emails... estimated delivery.... Saturday!

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2021, 09:24:33 AM »
We just received shipping emails... estimated delivery.... Saturday!

Did your shipping note list everything in your order?
Mine came through this morning but only lists half a dozen pieces.....there should be about 40 bits by my reckoning.

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2021, 01:03:04 PM »
My wife originally had 4 tracking number emails. Then we had two delivery emails with some items on both but not all of our items. The packages that arrived today have what was in the two delivery emails. No idea what is going on with the other two tracking numbers as they are showing as still unused or where the rest of our pieces are.

I will be doing a blog entry with more details shortly but first impressions are not as good as we hoped. Of course we had high expectations however, which were always going to be hard to reach.

It would be easier for me to judge the value of the paintwork if we had gotten some unpainted pieces but on first inspection they do not match the expectations set by the original campaign or the more recent videos by TT.

There are more bubbles than I would have liked but nothing that can not be fixed with greenstuff. The paint and varnish have been put on too thick in some areas and not thick enough in others.

Different pieces clearly look painted by different folks on different days, with some pieces noticeably painted better than others.

I know you get what you pay for but now I see why the painted version was not more expensive.

The resin has an interesting feel to it. Hefty and a bit like plaster but is not plaster.

The pieces are big but not with as much playable space inside as I was expecting.

The sculpting is as charming and quirky as we were expecting with new little details constantly popping up. We still love Johnny’s vision but the production  execution is a bit lacking. It “feels” like a discount Christmas village version of an original piece rather than purpose made quality gaming terrain.

The details, while charming, are chunky. I am unsure how it will mesh with our Dwarven Forge and Tabletop World pieces. At least the factory paintwork encourages me to personalize it to match our other pieces.

I hate to judge it all with only the pieces we currently have since each is so different. There will be photos and more info in the blog entry I will try to do later today.

Offline Mister Frau Blucher

• Scientist
    • Swords Under Distant Suns
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2021, 03:08:46 PM »
Very interesting. One thing that I noticed during the campaign in the negative column was the seemingly small amount of interior playing space, but it was hard to be sure. Be interested in your thoughts on that.

Also interesting on the paint jobs. The cost for getting painted was not much more than unpainted, at least compared to the premium DF charges for the service. Sounds like it was not as advertised.

Looking forward to your write-up today on these pieces! 

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2021, 04:54:06 PM »
The KS comment section is awash with delivery problems. Given their reluctance to communicate with backers even when things were not going too badly, I can't see them doing anything to help now.

The painting was always going to be an issue. I learnt my lesson a long time ago with the Games & Gears battleboards......don't pay extra for Chinky sweatshop painting...... it will never be worth it.  The boards were obviously painted by 2 people sat on opposite sides of a conveyer belt as each half divided perfectly down the middle of the board was totally different in depth of colour wash and application of drybrush texture. I am guessing the HH buildings will likewise be totally dependent on who painted them and how they felt that day.