Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2018, 12:34:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Author Topic: Model Railway Challenge on Channel 5 in the UK  (Read 1286 times)

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • mastermind
    • My blog
Re: Model Railway Challenge on Channel 5 in the UK
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2018, 09:05:44 AM »
It is, and there's a rhino and dreadnaught behind it, along with space marines and tyranids o_o That'll be an interesting episode. Pause at 29 seconds for the full display. It looks like the train has been converted with GW bits as well.

On the first episode, I thought it was good in parts and cringeworthy in parts. I liked the scratchbuilding bit, something the teams all disliked and one in particular hated. However, I think that was the team who considered five separate rows of terrace houses to be one scenery item, so I didn't have much sympathy for them.

The thing that surprised me was how angry everyone seemed to be, especially in the pieces to camera :? If I had thought about joining a model railway club, the attitudes displayed in the episode would have made me think twice.

Still, it was watchable, even if there wasn't much in the way of modelling technique on display, so I'll keep with it for now.

Offline FramFramson

• galactic brain
  • Emoticon Knight-Errant and Baron of Bad Posting
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2018, 09:38:25 AM »
scratch building with a ladies shoe and lipstick.

Wait... what?!?

Offline robh

• Supporting Adventurer
  • scatterbrained genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2018, 01:30:27 PM »
Second episode was seemed better than the first, actually had some modelling content this time.

Enjoyed seeing one of the competitors getting a bit upset when the presenter referred to the layout as a "train set".