Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:19:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Brummies 15mm Sci Fi - Old crow -Xi'An Force  (Read 38099 times)

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
    • 3d designs can be found at Thingiverse
Re: Brummies 15mm Sci Fi - Black Hand Enforcers
« Reply #120 on: May 05, 2020, 07:15:58 PM »
I'm sure the painting is impeccable in these. Any chance for a well lit close up on a couple?

Offline Brummie

• Mastermind
  • Incoming!
« Reply #121 on: May 05, 2020, 07:31:34 PM »
Ill try, I'm having a lot of issues with the camera (use the phone) but don't necessarily want to invest in a new one.

For instance the figures above had a light stand five inches above them but the photo seems to have come out a bit crap  :(

EDIT; I've uploaded some more to the original post but they still undefined once uploaded.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 07:38:43 PM by Brummie »

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
« Reply #122 on: May 06, 2020, 07:34:45 AM »
Brummie - what an awesome story and cool miniatures!

Great job!

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
« Reply #123 on: May 06, 2020, 10:16:14 PM »
Thanks for the add, Brummie. I can see them way better. The first pictures all the little details were lost. The added pictures I can see the differences in the black.

Offline Brummie

• Mastermind
  • Incoming!
Re: Brummies 15mm Sci Fi - Wasteland Horrors (Part 1)
« Reply #124 on: June 01, 2020, 11:34:44 PM »
There are many terrors that haunt the wastes of Elysium. So many weapons were unleashed on the world during the war that it's impossible to keep track of what caused what. Matters are made worse with each passing year; Elysium was home to a myriad of research facilities and whether it is the passage of time or the acts of desperate scavengers, more terrors have slowly made their way to the surface.

Rad Zombies are the victims of what was known as the Theta 10 virus, a highly adapted version of the more basic Z virus. Not only does it kill you and repurpose your corpse, but the virus mutates the cadaver and these mutations become more extreme over time. Unlike basic zombies which tend to "eat" their victims for no apparent reason, Theta Zeds do so to sustain their mutations.

Luckily for all those unlucky enough to be on Elysium, Rad Zombies are quite rare. As far as anyone knows only one batch of Theta 10 was ever made, and almost all Rad Zombies one may encounter are the victims of its single use at the Battle of Querna Gap. Since Rad Zombies are very efficient at killing, few who're attacked and infected survive long enough to transform.

- Models are Rad Zombies by Loud Ninja Games (Sold by Alternative Armies)-

« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 11:37:10 PM by Brummie »

Offline Warren Abox

• Scientist
    • War In A Box - New Location!
« Reply #125 on: June 02, 2020, 02:34:18 AM »
Those zombies are hideous.

Well done!

Really like how different they are from the usual zombies.  They have a body-horror look that is very alien and creepy.

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
« Reply #126 on: June 02, 2020, 07:21:20 AM »
Those look amazing, I'm going to keep this in my mind when I paint mine!

Offline Brummie

• Mastermind
  • Incoming!
« Reply #127 on: June 02, 2020, 08:37:57 AM »
Cheers both!

I used contrast paints on these followed by a dry brush with some details. Works really well for fleshy horrors!

Offline Skullhamma

• Scientist
    • 15mm through space and time blog
« Reply #128 on: June 02, 2020, 12:21:18 PM »
Great job, Brummie! Will have to paint mine as well soon, thanks for that bit of extra motivation.

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
« Reply #129 on: June 02, 2020, 02:00:01 PM »
I agree, those look great, Brummie. I like the variation in flesh colors as well. The inclusion of various bone spur weapons is a nice touch. A hand mutated to a spike, or a horn on the head. All great!

Offline Brummie

• Mastermind
  • Incoming!
Cheers all! Managed to get a few more sci fi figs done lately. Some more Mutants for the Wastelands of Elysium. The following miniature is from CP models horror range.

Like most Mutants that haunt the Wasteland, no one knows the origins of the Greater Mutant species known as Gluttons. Gluttons, as their name implies have an insatiable appetite for virtually anything and everything. When given the choice Gluttons will almost always go for living flesh and take particular thrill in running down their prey. However those utterly barmy enough to dissect dead Gluttons or study them have noted everything from tires, pieces of wood and bits of concrete amongst other things being devoured by them.

Luckily Gluttons aren't all too clever and can be easily confused by sudden noise or bright lights. Better still they're usually not very quiet and can be heard jabbering some way off. That said if one is heard or seen close to camp it's always advised to seek sturdier shelter or vacate the area as soon as possible...
« Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 12:09:55 PM by Brummie »

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
Nice paint work for those rad zombies and the horror creature too, looking forward too more.
Just remember "If the Enemy is in range, so are YOU!

http://silo1313.blogspot.com/

Offline fluffy05

• Scientist
    • One Painters Crusade
Great brushwork!

Look at the chompers on that mini!
'The German today is like the June Bride; he knows he is going to get it, but he doesn't know how big it is going to be.' - Gen. Richard "Windy" Gale, 6th Airborne Division Commander

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
Wow, those teeth are looking amazing (well, your skill to paint horrid teeth is amazing)!

Offline zrunelord

• Mastermind
    • Picts from the Front
Nice work...
Thanks for sharing
z
http://castrarunis.blogspot.com/

Imagine & you can.
Most see shapes you must see possibilities.
Z