Forum > Medieval Adventures

Chivalrous Rumpus Extraordinaire (UD 23/10 game photos)

(1/19) > >>

Silent Invader:
The ‘official’ thread for my game at BLAM18 in just under 3 weeks time.

Set in the mid-13th Century, a Chivalrous Rumpus Extraordinaire is an unusual affair. The Baron Radin is of advancing years but bereft of offspring. His lands extend beyond the horizon, his coffers are bulging and his only opportunity to secure an heir that will treat his legacy with the necessary respect is through the marriage of his Saxon ward, the beautiful Maid Marilyn. The Baron loves a Tourney and, being quite the warrior in his youth, wants nothing less than a lion for his adopted daughter, whom he adores. So his heralds have ridden far and wide, issuing an open invitation to Knights to do battle for her favour.

The Tourney will be bloody, with no quarter to be expected, as the Baron expects absolute commitment from whomever will inherit his estate.

The Tourney will be fought at an abandoned monastery, a cursed place, with the Baron and his ward watching from the adjacent village. One of Maid Marilyn’s finest scarfs will be placed somewhere within the monastery, and the Knight who returns it to her will have her hand, should she so want it.

The game

Rules will be a variant of FFOL: Horse & Musket. The variances will be put up as soon as I’ve decided them.

Players will be a maximum of 6 (if desired, I will run more than one game).

Each player will command a Knight with his retinue (a team). The Knight must survive the game - if the Knight is killed the whole team must immediately withdraw (if they have the scarf, it must be left where it is).

A standard team will comprise 4 x 28mm minis, all on foot, all in a common livery:
1) A Knight (usually with a closed helm) in mail and tabard with or without shield
2) A serjeant (usually with an open helm) in mail and tabard with or without shield
3) A spearman &/or swordsman with or without shield in helmet and  gambeson
4) An archer with bow or crossbow (no shields) either armoured in helmet and gambeson or unarmored

Some options are available:
A) One of the two Knight and serjeant can have a pole (two-handed) weapon OR other second weapon (excludes daggers, which every mini is assumed to have); a mini with a pole weapon cannot carry a shield
B) Can have a mounted Knight (with a matching dismounted alternate) but a serjeant is not then permitted (team size =3 on the field)
C) The archer can be replaced with a second spearman or swordsman
D) A spearman or swordsman can be replaced with a second archer (but there can never be more than two archers)
E) The serjeant can be swapped for two replacement minis of any mix of spearmen or swordsmen (team size = 5 on the field)

EDIT 2/10: some clarifications added, including changing the incorrect use of man-at-arms to serjeant

Players are welcome to bring their own teams but they must conform to the above and be painted and based. You are very welcome to post your teams in this thread but it is not compulsory. However, if you are intending to bring a team I urge you to flag it with me so that a) I know you’ll likely be a player and b) I can flag early on if there’s any problem with its conformity. Ta!

Any problems with the above, just ask by PM if you want to keep it secret or otherwise in this thread.

I will bring a selection of teams (I’ve just started painting them .....); FYI my minis are the Later Crusaders by Crusader Miniatures.

So, to the field of battle:

NB: minis need to have their bases repainted

There will be prizes, as hinted at in a photo above, in the form of some fine Belgian beer. The winner will get a bottle of 8.8% Cornet and the loser a bottle of 0.4% Sport Zot (the Fool).

ZEE LIST

LIKELY PLAYERS (* = bringing own Knight with Retinue):

Captain Blood*
Hu Rhu*
OSHIRO modelterrain*
Elk101 (early depart)
Malamute (possibly, maybe, perhaps)
Dr De’ath*
Dr. Zombie (early depart)
Eric The Shed (possibly)

Captain Blood:
Excellent. Looking forward to it.  :)

Hu Rhu:
Count me in. Minis built and undercoated. Painting begins at the weekend.

Silent Invader:
Hurrah to you both!!

EDIT: I’ve started a list at the bottom of the first post

OSHIROmodels:
Very promising, count me in  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version