Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:41:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Anyone played CAV?  (Read 554 times)

Offline pancakeonions

• Librarian
Anyone played CAV?
« on: October 01, 2018, 09:46:29 PM »
Talon Games has a kickstarter up for their 10mm/ "N" scale futuristic stompy robot game CAV.  The models look really nice, and I've always loved the idea of these giant stompy robot games...  But rarely gotten to play one.  At various times I've had tons of Mechwarrior click minis, but never really gotten into that game.  CAV seems like a cooler version of that game (units have similar stats, and as you take damage, your robots become thrashed)

Are there any reviews out there, or has anyone here tried it?  What's it like?

Thanks!

Offline gibby64

• Mad Scientist
  • Temple of the West
    • Temple of the West
Re: Anyone played CAV?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2018, 03:17:33 AM »
I played a demo game at Reapercon and talked to the creater for a while about it. It plays really smooth and is not overly rulesy...  I picked it up in about 10 mins with several prodding questions... but I also play a lot of different miniatures games, so mechanics have a lot in common with some others. I'm in the kickstarter as I enjoyed the game and have nothing for it at the moment. I'll probably buy the ruleset off the website that comes with 4 mechs just to play with the rules and paint some stompy robots while I'm waiting for everything else. Lord knows I don't need anymore projects right now! I recommend.
Owner, Temple of the West
www.TempleWest.co