Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:36:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689508
  • Total Topics: 118282
  • Online Today: 646
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: McMillers Outlaws and Hectors Banditos  (Read 6964 times)

Offline Dr DeAth

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Little Lead Men
Re: McMillers Outlaws
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2018, 09:46:10 AM »
Another great paint job  :-*
Photos of my recent efforts are at www.littleleadmen.com and https://beaverlickfalls.blogspot.com

Offline Hu Rhu

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2018, 02:44:54 PM »
Amazing paint job on that indian.

Offline DinoTitanedition

• Librarian
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2018, 11:04:51 AM »
Thanks, it was an experiment all out  :) The last gang member will be online on Wednesday again. After that I`ll start to tackle some buildings for a western city. 4Grounds sells some nice prepainted stuff, which, with a bit of additional work, will do the trick.

Offline DinoTitanedition

• Librarian
Re: McMillers Outlaws and Hectors Banditos
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2018, 07:56:49 AM »
It`s Wednesday, and this means it`s time for a bit of Wild West. This time though the Chaosbunker is presenting my opponents mini from the upcoming campaign.

Finn has just returned to the hobby after long break. Not for his first mini after numerous years, don't you think?

https://www.chaosbunker.de/en/2018/10/17/dead-mans-hand-banditos-part-1/

Offline DinoTitanedition

• Librarian
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2018, 09:45:44 PM »
Done! My gang is complete. Now I`ll wait for Finn to finish his Banditos, before we`re off for a campaign.

https://www.chaosbunker.de/en/2018/10/24/dead-mans-hand-outlaws-part-7/#more-22581

Online majorsmith

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2018, 03:54:19 PM »
Lovely painting on these!

Offline Romark

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2018, 10:14:59 PM »
More nice work  :)

Offline DinoTitanedition

• Librarian
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2019, 07:54:33 PM »
More stuff will come soon, but I`m working on a lot of different stuff at the same time, so I switch between projects all the time. Otherwise I`d probably never finish anything  ;)

Offline DinoTitanedition

• Librarian
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2019, 07:50:40 AM »
And finally we continue our Wild West Wednesdays on Chaosbunker.de
In this article Finn presents the second Bandito of his gang. We`ve even played a bit already and this shotgun carrying genius has won the last game for him.

What`s also cool, the small story snippets at the end of each article, both his and my gang, interconnect to a bigger story, that will culminate in our campaign, which will also bee seen on the blog.

If you want to support us, give us a click on the official article: https://www.chaosbunker.de/en/2019/01/16/dead-mans-hand-banditos-part-2/

Offline DinoTitanedition

• Librarian
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2019, 08:12:42 AM »
Finn presents his next Bandito. We´ve also had a little Skirmish recently on which I`ll try to give an update the next days. As usually, if you`d like to support a bit, read it here as well: https://www.chaosbunker.de/en/2019/01/23/dead-mans-hand-banditos-part-3/

Dead Man’s Hand: Banditos – Part 3

My third finished gang member for the Banditos is the planned leader of the gang. The dynamic pose and the aggressiveness the miniature expressed clearly called for that.

The outfit was obviously inspired by Mariachibands and so I let myself be inspired by originals as well. Unfortunately, when I was looking for pictures, I quickly realized that the clothes weren’t far as colourful as I remembered them. Nevertheless, I decided to stay true to the look and tried to give the clean black of the suit a more worn out look, as if it had been worn for a continuously long time. I followed Citadel's app suggestion for "dirty black" again and was quite satisfied with the result.

I wanted to keep the ornaments in silver, as this was the most common color in my search for pictures. That made painting a quick thing. In order to keep the silver from shining too much, I used a black wash over the base color, and only put some highlights onto the ornament details, such as the upper edges. Shoes, belts and holster I also kept in black, in order to keep the color choice somewhat unified on the mini.

With black hair my washing technique, as described in the first article, did not work as desired. So that I used to paint with black and drybrushing with grey, which makes the curls look acceptable.

All in all the mini seemed a bit boring that way, so I decided to paint the belt buckle and the cartridges in a bronze color and the scarf in red.

Viva la Mexico

Domingo Ortega watched as the sun raised from behind the dusty horizon. Soon he would show the citizens of Dead Man's Hand who was in charge.

He remembered ... Mexico had just sold that part of the country to the United States. He was still a boy back then. A boy with a dream. He wanted to become the best and most famous mariachi who had ever been seen. He was good on the guitar and his voice was concise and well-sounding. But the settlers had not appreciated his talent. How many times was he ridiculed or chased away when he demanded his payment!? And so only the suit of his dream remained.

In recent years, however, he has had success in another business. Things had to be done that required rougher methods, and he had gathered numerous goons around him. He now had a new dream - one of an own city. How nice that it had already been built for him. All he needed to do, was to take Dead Man's Hand. His newest lackey worked covertly for one of the rich ranches and would lure even more bandits into his camp. The law would't be able to stop him anymore.

But Dead Man's Hand had to wait until tomorrow. Today, he would first tear McMiller's brood apart because they tried to cheat him, and this proof of strength should solidify his reputation. No one would dare to oppose him anymore.

Adios Amigos!

Finn

Offline Dr DeAth

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Little Lead Men
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2019, 04:54:37 PM »
The dirty black works well, as does the design on the back of the jacket.

Offline Lord Raglan

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Abergavenny
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2019, 05:13:27 PM »
very cool mate, nice detail