Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 04:28:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: KILL DAVROS!!!  (Read 2674 times)

Offline Harry Faversham

• Galactic Brain
KILL DAVROS!!!
« on: October 03, 2018, 02:32:34 PM »
There’s trouble at’mill on Skaro!!!
Davros’s latest experiment’s gone badly wrong and he’s created Zeg the Red… super Dalek. Who’s got the idea that, he should be the Universe’s head pepperpot. With a breakaway faction he has transmatted into the Dalek City with malice aforethought regarding Davvers!
The Doctor and U.N.I.T.’s Sergeant Benton have arrived in the Tardis for a recce, as have a trio of Cybermen who’re mad with everybody. Let battle commence…

:o
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 02:36:49 PM by Harry Faversham »
"Wot did you do in the war Grandad?"

"I was with Harry... At The Bridge!"

Offline Arundel

• Mastermind
  • Galloping Outward Into the Weather!
Re: KILL DAVROS!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2018, 02:55:38 PM »
Splendid looking game! Is there a link to a full AAR? What make of figures did you use?

Offline Harry Faversham

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2018, 07:14:12 PM »
We're having the game tomorrow, plenty of piccys, and a daft AAR to follow. The Doctor, Tardis, Daleks and Cybermen are Corgi and the old Britains Deetail SAS men are standing in for U.N.I.T.

:)

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2018, 08:44:43 PM »
Kill Davos you say? I must admit the game does rather look like how I imagine the World Economic Forum and its participants to appear.

Britains Modern Brits, complete with whacking great, bright green metal, semi-slotta bases! Now that’s the ticket, even if the Airfix equivalent are cheaper.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline Arundel

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2018, 02:51:33 PM »
Thanks, Harry. Yank that I am, I was completely unaware of these toys. Now you have me thinking...Would you mind sharing how many figs you use for your game? Daleks, Cybermen, UNIT, etc.? Like I say, you've got me thinking.  ;)

Will look forward to seeing the AAR!

Offline Harry Faversham

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2018, 09:06:05 PM »
In a flash of electric blue light and a loud electronic pulsing Zeg (the red pepperpot with gold lid) and his followers materialise from the cities two transmatting stations and set off on patrol. Zeg’s crew enters a bunker and get into a blasting match with three very irate Cybermen. A point blank exchange of blasters shred the Cybermen who, surprisingly, take two two of Zeg’s patrol with them…

At the other side of the city the searching Daleks find the electronic code to enter the main control room. One of them goes to check a small bunker to see if Davros lurks therein. He doesn’t, but one of his bodyguards does, and Zeg’s bloke gets malleted…

The Daleks enter the main control room (note the stunning floor mural) and then it all really kicks off bigstyle! They discover the Doctor and Sgt. Benton’s U.N.I.T. section. Squawking maniacally at the sight of humans and their greatest adversary the Daleks get down to it. Under a hail of blaster fire the humans leg it for the transmatt machine to escape. The U.N.I.T. rocket launcher man, the one real threat to the Dalek armour, is targeted as Sgt. Benton puts up a valiant rearguard action to hold off pursuit…

At the sight of the humans the Dalek ‘prime directive’ is activated. Installed by Davros at the Genesis of the Daleks, the directive, to exterminate the Doctor and any human life wherever it is encountered, draws the furious pepperpots like moths to a flame, not even Zeg can resist it…

The Doctor operates the transmatt machine (note:- transmatt machines must have an operator on the control panel for it to function) and a lone U.N.I.T. soldier is saved. The Doctor then succumbs to a barrage of blaster fire…

Davros has laid his trap well. With a slight electronic ‘swish’ the door of the only bunker not searched opens to reveal Himself and another bodyguard. Davros legs it toward the other transmatt machine as Zeg and his lads give chase…

Davros’s bodyguard fights a delaying action agin Zeg, good as the bodyguard Daleks are, they’re no match, for the mighty Zeg…

Davros sits in the transmatt machine as his sole remaining bodyguard races to the operating console, too late, Zeg arrives and blows his melon off!

Alone, Davros sits in the transmatt machine, Zeg gloating in trumph, draws out the moment of his victory. Then there is another of those flashes of electric blue light and loud electronic pulsing thingys, so common to Skaro. An image is burned into the retina of the Dalek’s eyestalks…

Davros has taught his creations all they know, but as is often the way of Evil Overlords the Universe over, he hasn’t taught them all he knows. A final flash of electric blue light and loud electronic pulsing reverses the image and he is gone…

:o

Offline Arundel

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2018, 12:16:51 AM »
Great fun! I love seeing the Dr Who action in 54mm. It makes me wish that there were other antagonist options in the scale, like Yetis, Autons, etc. What rules did you use?

Thank you for the inspiration!

Offline Arundel

• Mastermind
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2018, 01:06:53 AM »
Sorry, two more questions have occurred.  ::) Was this a two player game? (I hope so - the Cybermen got offed pretty quickly!) Second, I'm impressed by your destroyed Daleks base; can you give a brief tutorial how you made them?

Offline Harry Faversham

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2018, 01:29:38 AM »
Two player game old chap, using the Fistful of Lead Wild West rules tickled up a bit for aliens! Because I set it up and knew where everything was hidden I controlled Davros, the Cybermen and the humans. Davros and his three bodyguard black Daleks used a D12 for shooting, as did the Doctor. The three Cybermen and humans a D8 (U.N.I.T. Bazookaman D10). All seven of Zeg's mob used a D10, Zeg a D12.
All the Daleks are Corgi diecast, they come ready painted. Two were missing eye stalks so they became the blown up ones.
Working with diecast proved dead easy... I hack sawed them in half then attacked with a big set of pliers and broke them up a bit. The green slimy stuff was modelling clay painted green and drybrushed with gloss varnish to make it look more revolting. The models were then given a black wash to suggest they'd burned out.
Hope this helps?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 01:38:39 AM by Harry Faversham »

Offline Arundel

• Mastermind
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2018, 02:15:21 PM »
Oh, it does, very much! I might just have to try making my own. As regards rules, that's no surprise - FfoL is a great set and I remember you like them. His Sci-Fi rules are about to be released, aren't they? Then we'll really be set. Two more questions, if I haven't tapped your patience:

1.) Have you ever posted any other 54mm Dr Who games here? (I'm a great fan of your Big Scale games in the Wild West as well.) Must say the wash you put on Davvers helps raise him a notch; did you use any particular brand, diluted or straight out of the bottle? I only ask because it would be one of those one-attempt things and wouldn't want to botch it.

2.) Suitably fired up by all this (not sure whether to thank you or shake a fist in your general direction!*), I'm just curious: do you have favourite classic Dr Who episodes you find inspiring? Feeling the urge to "research," you see. What did you think of the modern series?

Thanks again!

* And now I have the Dr Who theme music going through my head again and again...   :?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 02:37:19 PM by Arundel »

Offline skirmisher

• Librarian
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2018, 03:29:26 PM »
Great looking game and a very enjoyable read. Always great to see a Dalek/Doctor  adventure. That dastardly Davros!

Offline vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2018, 03:47:18 PM »
The bit that made me laugh most was "Davros legs it"  lol
I am going to build a wargames army, a big beautiful wargames army, and Mexico is going to pay for it.

2019 Painting Challenge :
figures bought: 500+
figures painted: 57
9 vehicles painted
4 terrain pieces scratchbuilt

Offline Harry Faversham

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2018, 11:12:49 AM »
Oh, it does, very much! I might just have to try making my own. As regards rules, that's no surprise - FfoL is a great set and I remember you like them. His Sci-Fi rules are about to be released, aren't they? Then we'll really be set. Two more questions, if I haven't tapped your patience:

1.) Have you ever posted any other 54mm Dr Who games here? (I'm a great fan of your Big Scale games in the Wild West as well.) Must say the wash you put on Davvers helps raise him a notch; did you use any particular brand, diluted or straight out of the bottle? I only ask because it would be one of those one-attempt things and wouldn't want to botch it.

2.) Suitably fired up by all this (not sure whether to thank you or shake a fist in your general direction!*), I'm just curious: do you have favourite classic Dr Who episodes you find inspiring? Feeling the urge to "research," you see. What did you think of the modern series?

Thanks again!

* And now I have the Dr Who theme music going through my head again and again...   :?

Favourite Doctor Who is anything with Daleks in it, best one was 'Genesis of the Daleks'. Davros had a wash of thinned down brown Humbrol enamel, if memory serves? FFofL 'Galactic Heroes' will be out soon, can't wait to try them on a game like this...

Offline Arundel

• Mastermind
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2018, 01:59:19 PM »
That also sounds like a great game. (Is it just me, or have the pics all disappeared? Still, I get the gist from the write-up.) Many thanks again, Harry! Off to e-bay...

Daryl