Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:23:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Fantasy worlds of AWu  (Read 7147 times)

Offline AWu

• Mastermind
    • War is the H-word
Fantasy worlds of AWu
« on: October 03, 2018, 08:11:58 PM »
I  making this thread as accompanying to my AWumunda in Future wars.
I rarely paint fantasy miniatures but It happens from time  to time and I will dump here all thing fantasy I do.
Ive never been interested in painting fantacy armies but small bands and characters for skirmish gaming are always tempting so most of them will be the projesct of such type (and some LOTR stuff I am starting to be enamored with)

First post will be Orktobery :)
My happy Orky bunch for Shadespire

(If anyone is interested with their backs they are on my blog :) http://waristheh-word.blogspot.com/2018/10/orktober.html )

Then Some Skellies - My first band finished for shadespire

And finally to be in Orktobertheme
First models Ive painted for Middle Earth - Orks ive bought cheaply some years ago :)

Lovely unpainted chap will be their leader in Battle companies styled gaming and their Captain in larger games but I am yet to play anything LOTRy

What next ? Some more Lotr stuff or Khorne warband for Shadespire.. Not sure yet.

Offline hubbabubba

• Mastermind
Re: Fantasy worlds of AWu
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2018, 08:30:41 PM »
Nice work, especially on the undead crew.

Offline AWu

• Mastermind
    • War is the H-word
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2018, 08:55:21 PM »
Thanks! My paintjob on them is surprisingly evocative but I guess when you really like the model they are easier to paint :P

Offline Codsticker

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim project
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2018, 03:21:11 AM »
Great painting all around, especially on the LoTR Orcs (probably because I am partial to the models  :D).

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2018, 08:10:55 AM »
top paint jobs.

Offline AWu

• Mastermind
    • War is the H-word
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2018, 02:59:53 PM »
Great painting all around, especially on the LoTR Orcs (probably because I am partial to the models  :D).

Couldnt agree more. Those are great models. Especially knowing how tinny and how old they are. Ive never considered orcs as LOTR force until I got those 8 really cheap. Originally I wanted to get missing sculpts only to field full battlecompany and try this game but I will get new starter box and most probably box of 24 of those fine gentlemen as finding the ones I miss only make hem expensive in comparison :P

Offline AWu

• Mastermind
    • War is the H-word
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2018, 01:57:14 PM »
Small update on the Orktober Orks. Ive decided they are to monochromatic (I should change their skin color to better match black which would be difficult so I decided to just add some red to make green more fitting.

Offline AWu

• Mastermind
    • War is the H-word
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2018, 02:17:28 PM »
And in their own post. Swarm of Skritch Spiteclaw. My favorite band of Shadespire (Underworlds) miniatures, which coincidentally I have most fun playing AND winn more often than loose.

Some more photos on my neglected blog here
http://waristheh-word.blogspot.com/2018/11/skritch-is-greatest-yes-yes.html

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2018, 04:15:51 PM »
they look great.

Offline AWu

• Mastermind
    • War is the H-word
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2018, 11:23:46 PM »
Some fun was had recently :)

Ive got Middle Earth Dwarves from GW to built Battle company with them.
And I started to work on models from  Middle Earth new starter box

Starting Dwarf Battle Company.
I am not particularly fond of dwarves but this BC was single box to built, not to numerous and easy to paint (and quite fun)
I will add to the shields when I will come up with something worth adding.

Brave company of Awili son of Zbili fend of hudge cave troll

And the Troll itself
First miniature finished from new starter set (great set)

(oh, Ive spotted Fb added text after posting :P

And my original Orc Battle Company with 3 heroses made from newer bigger orsc from the new box (still need some work done (Ive decided to move from movie aesthetic and paint their armor as they will serve as enemies in Samurai styled rangers of the Shadowdeep campaign)

I almost here for first games. I am really intrigued by this HaobbitMunda  lol
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 11:28:54 PM by AWu »

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2018, 09:27:04 AM »
ME stuff looks fab.

Offline AWu

• Mastermind
    • War is the H-word
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2018, 12:03:17 PM »
Thanks. Those are very cool miniatures that are surprisingly paint-friendly.

Much more fun to paint than AoS stuff not to mention traditional Warhammer or abysmal stuff i fail to have fun painting at all like Warmachine..

Middle Earth SBG is surprising gem I have bad impression after seeing only simple goblins around 2001

Offline sir_shvantselot

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2018, 09:37:57 PM »
Interesting you enjoyed painting the LoTR stuff as I always thought it was a bit meh compared to the 1990s cool metal Warhammer stuff.

But you’ve done a fantastic job on everything here. And you’re prolific.  Really liked the skaven and undead for Shadespire. I need to get round to painting mine!

Offline AWu

• Mastermind
    • War is the H-word
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2018, 07:01:43 PM »
I haven't seen any till this year to be honest. And without fond memories I wasn't very impressed by those old models.

And I like aesthetics of most of the models in GW line.
When I seen them foirst time - Ive seen only plastic goblins and last alliance.  I haven't had much pleasure panting them.

Then I stumbled on James Wappel blog and his stunning Easterlings and Elves I tried to paint some old Last alliance Elves and had a lot of fun. They are not Wappel level but his technique helped me to getting use to them. And I started to slowly buying second hand stuff I could acquire cheaply.
And painted some Mordor Orks

Then new edition went off with great starter set and now I own it and Dwarves box I bought to give half to my friend in hopes of catching his intrest in trying the game (and kept second half for myself as they are really smal and simple battle company to built).
Surprisingly to me dwarves were really fun to paint. Perfect amount of detail and space for some shading.
And I am known  dwarf septic :P

Troll was really fun too.
So far I have less fun painting Morannon orcs. Models are cool but they have too much armor for my taste. But with coloring I still have fun painting. And this is most important to me.

Offline AWu

• Mastermind
    • War is the H-word
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2018, 11:00:53 PM »
Continuation of LOTR theme Ruins of Osgilath. Great little set of quite large and non specific ruins. I bought them because they are very useful in any Fantasy and Sci Fi setting (I have set of 3 and I plan to convert 2 statues to Grimdark sf :>