Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 15, 2018, 09:55:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Author Topic: Fantasy worlds of AWu  (Read 566 times)

Offline AWu

• mad scientist
Fantasy worlds of AWu
« on: October 03, 2018, 09:11:58 PM »
I  making this thread as accompanying to my AWumunda in Future wars.
I rarely paint fantasy miniatures but It happens from time  to time and I will dump here all thing fantasy I do.
Ive never been interested in painting fantacy armies but small bands and characters for skirmish gaming are always tempting so most of them will be the projesct of such type (and some LOTR stuff I am starting to be enamored with)

First post will be Orktobery :)
My happy Orky bunch for Shadespire

(If anyone is interested with their backs they are on my blog :) http://waristheh-word.blogspot.com/2018/10/orktober.html )

Then Some Skellies - My first band finished for shadespire

And finally to be in Orktobertheme
First models Ive painted for Middle Earth - Orks ive bought cheaply some years ago :)

Lovely unpainted chap will be their leader in Battle companies styled gaming and their Captain in larger games but I am yet to play anything LOTRy

What next ? Some more Lotr stuff or Khorne warband for Shadespire.. Not sure yet.

Offline hubbabubba

• Supporting Adventurer
  • mad scientist
Re: Fantasy worlds of AWu
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2018, 09:30:41 PM »
Nice work, especially on the undead crew.

Offline AWu

• mad scientist
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2018, 09:55:21 PM »
Thanks! My paintjob on them is surprisingly evocative but I guess when you really like the model they are easier to paint :P

Offline Codsticker

• mastermind
    • Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim project
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2018, 04:21:11 AM »
Great painting all around, especially on the LoTR Orcs (probably because I am partial to the models  :D).

Offline Bloggard

• mad scientist
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2018, 09:10:55 AM »
top paint jobs.

Offline AWu

• mad scientist
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2018, 03:59:53 PM »
Great painting all around, especially on the LoTR Orcs (probably because I am partial to the models  :D).

Couldnt agree more. Those are great models. Especially knowing how tinny and how old they are. Ive never considered orcs as LOTR force until I got those 8 really cheap. Originally I wanted to get missing sculpts only to field full battlecompany and try this game but I will get new starter box and most probably box of 24 of those fine gentlemen as finding the ones I miss only make hem expensive in comparison :P

Offline AWu

• mad scientist
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2018, 02:57:14 PM »
Small update on the Orktober Orks. Ive decided they are to monochromatic (I should change their skin color to better match black which would be difficult so I decided to just add some red to make green more fitting.

Offline AWu

• mad scientist
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2018, 03:17:28 PM »
And in their own post. Swarm of Skritch Spiteclaw. My favorite band of Shadespire (Underworlds) miniatures, which coincidentally I have most fun playing AND winn more often than loose.

Some more photos on my neglected blog here
http://waristheh-word.blogspot.com/2018/11/skritch-is-greatest-yes-yes.html

Offline Bloggard

• mad scientist
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2018, 05:15:51 PM »
they look great.