Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:33:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686473
  • Total Topics: 118102
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Crisis 2018 picture report  (Read 1353 times)

Offline tomrommel1

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Wargamesgazette
Crisis 2018 picture report
« on: November 04, 2018, 08:40:55 PM »
So back from Antwerp. A really nice weekend, spend with dear friends, at a wonderful miniatures show!
I took more then 200 pictures which you can see here: https://wargamesgazette.com/2018/11/04/crisis-2018-photoreport/

Here are a few teaser pictures:

In hoc signo vinces

Have a look at www.wargamesgazette.com

Offline fred

• Galactic Brain
    • Miniature Gaming
Re: Crisis 2018 picture report
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2018, 10:31:15 PM »
That first game is very impressive looking (as are many of the others).

Thanks for putting this photo report together - I will look through in more detail later. Crisis does seem a very good show to go to!

Offline Phil Portway

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2018, 10:40:19 PM »
Nice  pictures, here are  a few more
Here are some of the games from the day

If it isn't enjoyable, it isn't gaming!

Offline anch_io

• Bookworm
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2018, 11:43:44 PM »
Some really beautiful tables... Oosterbeek especially looks impressive...

Offline grant

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2018, 03:47:42 AM »
Nice to see that someone packed a sensible lunch.
It’s a beautiful thing, the destruction of words - Orwell, 1984

Offline WillieB

• Mastermind
  • Gotcha!
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2018, 11:18:06 AM »
Militia Brabantia's Assassin's Creed version of Venice took the Best Presented Wargame trophy. It was incredibly detailed and whenever you thought you had finally spotted everything you noticed another detail! Add to that a really inspiring crew and you've got a winner.
It had some stiff competition from Lenton Gamers' Crete 1941 which ticked all the boxes. Beautiful presentation, excellently painted figures terrain and vehicles.
The same goes for Old Pikeys' Oosterbeek game with together with Crete were the two runners up.  At times like this you wish you had several trophies to distribute and we might just re- think on that.

For Best Participation Game we had two contestants.  The South London Warlords had a phenomenal futuristic Underhive 40K game going, which attracted a lot of gamers throughout the day. Again really beautiful figures and terrain- I especially admired the buildings- and a very good game master. The second one and ultimate winner however was the TooFatLardies Chain of Command 1940 game, Smoke On The Water. Everything just fell into place with this game. Aside from the fantastic terrain and figures, the displays the handouts you had larger than life Richard Clarke game mastering the whole thing. That man is a force of nature and I simply can't understand how he does it. I'm sure that a lot of visitors left Crisis 2018 inspired to try something new.

And for once judging the Most Original Game was wonderfully easy After the first round of judging ALL judges had jotted down the same game as absolute winner.  Big congrats to Ad Arma and their 3d rendition of the Great War 1914 boardgame. Unbelievably well presented and well thought out!

So looking back we had two winners who had based their award winning game not on a set of wargame rules but a boardgame and a computer game respectively.  If anything it shows how inclusive our hobby is!

Let's me end by thanking again all traders, clubs and other participants who once again made Crisis into something looking forward to.  A fun day with like- minded people doing what they love doing the most.
Panic, Chaos and Disorder. My job here is done

Offline tomrommel1

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Wargamesgazette
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2018, 07:22:09 AM »
It was a great show as always Willie! thanks again to the tin Soldiers and to you personally for the warm welcome and the beer for breakfast at the bar ;)

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2018, 09:19:22 AM »
What a sight! The Not-Venice Assassins Creed game, how did it play?

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2018, 09:50:49 AM »
amazing standard of games, modelling-wise.