Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:30:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690774
  • Total Topics: 118349
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: [Commercial] Oak & Iron 1/600 Scale Naval Battles 1650-1750 - Two More Videos!  (Read 7187 times)

Offline SteveBurt

• Mastermind
As it happens, I have a small collection of 1:600 scratch built Napoleonic ships made of balsa, card and wire (2 x 1st rates, 4 x 3rd rates and a couple of frigates), so this KS is most welcome as I could use those big ships with the smaller ones being produced by Firelock games.

Offline El Frantico

• Librarian
    • Firelock Games
Cool. Would like to see it.

With this scale for maneuvers you need a big table it seems. But in naval thats not a huge problem. (blue tablecloth)

Scale is abstracted. 3-5 ships per side is playable on a 3'x3' table. You will need at least a 6'x3' to play fleet actions though.
Mike Tuñez
Firelock Games
www.FirelockGames.com

Offline Antonio J Carrasco

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
Sadly, I have cancelled my contribution. Not for anything wrong by Firelock, mind you. Just life happening (my job is at risk right now and I can't afford extra expenses until things clear up a bit) :'(

Offline Captain Bones

• Lurker
Great in depth play through and review of the game from mini wargaming  https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=_jfNG_aWOJ4

Offline Jan

• Bookworm
  • English isn't my first language. Forgive me. ;)
Man, i want to play it now!  ;D

Please note that the event cards where missing in this excellent playthrough. Every round one card is drawn. Things that could happen are for example wind direction change; messing up initiative cards; etc.

Sidenote:
The ship bases will not be acrylic ones. They will be made out of plastic.

Sadly for the people with excisting ship miniatures they will not provide the rules and stuff without the models. Maybe in the future.

Greets,
Jan
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 10:12:20 PM by Jan »
X-Wing | Oak & Iron | Old West & Sci-Fi Skirmish (WiP)

Offline racm32

• Mastermind
    • Wyndehurst Productions

Sadly for the people with excisting ship miniatures they will not provide the rules and stuff without the models. Maybe in the future.

will we need a stat card for each separate ship in your fleet or just one per type of ship?

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
will we need a stat card for each separate ship in your fleet or just one per type of ship?

My understanding from comments and the demo videos is that instead of docking the damage chits on the card you can track damage etc on a simple roster, so 1 card per ship class would be enough in the basic game.

I believe there will be special characters and unique ship configurations that will require specific cards (or at least a more comprehensive style of roster) later though.

Offline El Frantico

• Librarian
    • Firelock Games

It's ideal to have a card for each ship, but not required. Noting upgrades and damage for each ship can be done on piece of paper instead. We have no problem with people playing with their own ships, we just don't currently have the logistical flexibility to offer in the kickstarter at present. Very likely that we will have something after the Kickstarter though.

Offline El Frantico

• Librarian
    • Firelock Games
New basics of gameplay video up for those that don't want to watch the one hour+ video. Enjoy! :D

Offline El Frantico

• Librarian
    • Firelock Games
Yet another gameplay video! English Commerce Raiders vs. Dutch Merchants

Enjoy :)

Offline Jan

• Bookworm
Congratulations, guys. Great success.

Can’t wait for the game to rise and see the progress.

Hopefully i will recruit some sailors here (in Berlin, Germany) with some games in clubs/stores, but i don’t worry, cause it’s a good game to get people in the hobby, or even just play a game with boardgamers.

:)

Greetings,
Jan

Offline El Frantico

• Librarian
    • Firelock Games
Congratulations, guys. Great success.

Can’t wait for the game to rise and see the progress.

Hopefully i will recruit some sailors here (in Berlin, Germany) with some games in clubs/stores, but i don’t worry, cause it’s a good game to get people in the hobby, or even just play a game with boardgamers.

:)

Greetings,
Jan

Thanks! and thanks to all of the other backers and even interested parties here. :)

Offline Jan

• Bookworm
Shipping is estimated on December now. I am realy looking forward to this.

They just showed us the test prints from china (not the final colors):
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/firelockgames/oak-and-iron/posts/2636126?ref=ksr_email_backer_project_update_registered_users

For example:

Very good gaming miniatures, it seems. I hope the best.

New Batreps on Beatsofwar / OnTabletop (Youtube) incoming in a few days.

Greets,
Jan

Offline DeRuyter

• Bookworm
They also did confirm on the KS page that the bases will be clear.

Looking at those ship of the line models I wish I had gotten some as well as the smaller ships!