Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:57:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: [Commercial] Flint and Feather Hardcover Rulebook Available  (Read 2587 times)

Offline Mitchelxen

• Scientist
  • Student of Time, Space & Cake
    • Crucible Crush
[Commercial] Flint and Feather Hardcover Rulebook Available
« on: October 04, 2018, 02:39:48 AM »
Now available thru www.cruciblecrush.com

Also in Europe and the UK thru North Star Military
 http://www.northstarfigures.com/images/5/img12645.jpg

" width="450" height="75" border="0

Offline Bob Murch

• Scientist
  • Honest purveyor of toys and such.
    • Pulp Figures
Re: [Commercial] Flint and Feather Hardcover Rulebook Available
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2018, 06:35:02 AM »
The Game Cards are also now available!

Offline NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
    • Victory Decision Vietnam
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2018, 07:08:19 AM »
Got my copy this week. I was very suprised by the high quality of the book. All in colour, good paper, hardcover-book. A lot of great pictures of the figures. So, Bob, you need to do some more indian, I think...
Victory Decision Vietnam here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=43264.0

Victory Decision Spacelords here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=68939.0

My pictures: http://pictures.dirknet.de/

Offline abu iskander

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2018, 05:26:38 AM »
I avoided the KS, as I thought it was more of an FIW thing. After reading whats up on the CC site I see it's a very different thing. Now I've bought the whole starter kit. Thanks, Mitchelxen!

Offline Gardensnake

• Bookworm
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2018, 06:16:18 AM »
While I didn't avoid the kickstarter, I just wasn't able to support it at the time it ran. I did however order the starter set and am quite glad I did. It's a very nice looking book as well as having superbly sculpted miniatures. The accessories, such as the  tokens and cards are top notch as well. Overall, I would say the starter is underpriced for what you get in it. Consider, 21 metal models, a hard cover book, 70 full color cards, 12 dice, and over 20 colored acrylic tokens, all for under a $150 dollars US. That's a steal. Even if you decided the miniatures were $5 a piece, that's $105 just in miniatures. The starter is a great deal, hands down. I really think you'll enjoy it.
Until such time as Congress stops being a ridiculous farce, comedy is utterly acceptable at their hearings.
Sean Patrick Fannon

Offline Mitchelxen

• Scientist
    • Crucible Crush
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2018, 02:02:45 AM »
You make a good point, the Starter Set is an excellent deal. The strategy is to try and match the price of other starter sets on the market. This is also the thinking behind the pricing of the rulebook as well. However, any discrepancies are due to the fact that we are using metal figures instead of plastic so our pricing is skewed there. Also we are a small operation so our margins reflect that fact. We are doing our best to be competitive on pricing.
That all being said we sell the miniatures for $18 for a pack of five which works out to $3.60 per figure. So for 21 figures you are closer to $75.60 then $105 but we have still tried to make the Starter Set a great deal. I worked it out to $157 worth of product not including the free figure or the twelve dice in the calculations.
Thanks for pointing this fact out.

Offline abu iskander

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2018, 03:34:29 AM »
Which warrior packs should I plan to buy, to supplement the starter war bands, and yet avoid duplicates?

I've gotta say, after taking a skirmish game hiatus to focus on aspiring Grand Manner Napoleonics - so many rabbit holes to go down and lose focus- I'm very excited about these rules and figures. Expecting I'll end up with at least one of everything...
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 10:12:40 PM by abu iskander »

Offline Mitchelxen

• Scientist
    • Crucible Crush
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2018, 06:40:19 PM »
I would look at the 67018 Great Warriors as they are beautiful figures and upgrade your warband with heavily armoured warriors.
https://www.cruciblecrush.com/store/view_detail/14/53/67018_Iroquoian_Great_Warriors/

Also you will need Striplings if you intend on playing a campaign game, although many of the other figures can be used as Striplings, however these ones will stand out on your tabletop.
https://www.cruciblecrush.com/store/view_detail/14/54/67019_Iroquoian_Stripling_Fighters/

Offline abu iskander

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2018, 12:37:51 AM »
Thanks, Mitchelxen.

Just got my box today and everything looks great. Highly recommend this range to anyone and everyone...

But I have to especially compliment the figures, which are truly fantastic sculpts. Can't wait for a chance to put some paint on them!

Offline marco55

• Mastermind
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2019, 09:22:32 PM »
Europeans will be available soon I hope.Starting with the French then the Dutch and English. ;D
Mark