Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:40:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686502
  • Total Topics: 118105
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Bestiary from Frostgrave for Ghost Archipelago (and making your own monsters)  (Read 1913 times)

Offline Darksider

• Bookworm
As my title says. Have some of you ever tried this using monsters from the frostgrave bestiary for ghost archipelago?
Would there be some issues with the rules? I would like to use some gnolls for my ghost archipelago games and some of the other undead, maybe a werewolf too ;).

Also did someone made his own monsters for a campaign? Is there a guideline or something for making things easier?

Want to put some of my hordes minis in my games and some other stuff, but I don't know if i should use existing rules for monsters or make my own.

I don't want to create overpowerd monsters.

Here's a try for my gatormen for my ghost archipelago game.

M F S A W HP
6 3 0 12 2 14
Amphibious, Scales (counts as heavy armor, but no penalty for swimming), Crushing Maw (the gatorman gets a second attack with these if he starts his activition next to an enemy, counts as handweapon), Weapon (select a basic weapon for the gatorman)

What do you think of that? To strong or to weak?
They say we come from nothing and to nothing we will return, but in between is gravity and bridges left to burn.

They worshipped, so they said, the Great Old Ones who lived ages before there were any men, and who came to the young world out of the sky.

Offline Ogrob

• Mastermind
Shouldn't be a problem using Frozen City monsters for Ghost Archipelago. I'm sure the gnolls will port right in. Maybe take one or two points of the gnoll spawn table to reduce the power level a little bit, especially if the players are low level.

Your gatorman looks pretty scary with the double fight actions, but I would play with it.

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
any and everything - just a question of trial and error.
beauty of a light framework game.

Offline CPalmer

• Scientist
  • Rules Author, Dealer In Antiquities, Mad Scientist
    • My Blog: One More Gaming Project
It shouldn't be a big problem, as everyone else has said.

We imported a family of Frostgrave Vampires into our last Ghost Archipelago game.  The one thing we did find though was that unlike Frostgrave, there aren't magic weapons laying around on every street corner like there is in Feldstad  :), so even though we're 9 games into our Campaign, hardly any crew had them.  Therefore, we had to make a house rule that normal weapons would do half damage instead of no damage. 
"I have wrought my simple plan,
if I give one hour's joy,
to the boy who's half a man,
or the man who's half a boy!"
-Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Offline Darksider

• Bookworm
Thanks for the answers ;).

It's good to know, that most of the stuff seems to fit really good into both games. Vampires are not on my list at the moment, but maybe someday we will fight some on a coast (where they rise undead pirates ;) )

Any suggestions to my gatorman? Should I change something?