Forum > Interwar

Hot Work Ahead in Hereford

(1/2) > >>

Doug ex-em4:
Nest Saturday sees the autumn Big Game, part of the ongoing (and really rather momentous) VBCW Campaign in Hereford.

As would be expected, Sir Gilbert Hill, devoted defender of The Golden Valley, has been mustering his forces and is now able boast of a second platoon, made up largely of volunteers from his overseas interested. Sturdy Warriors from as far apart as Africa, Canada and, er, Wales have flocked to his banner.

Sir Gilbert, flanked by his butler Wrench, his personal assistant, Miss Fragrance Sweetmeat and Marlborough the labrador recently witnessed the whole command mustered in review

More details of this important event here:
https://velodoug.wordpress.com/

Doug

Mad Lord Snapcase:
An impressive muster!

“We few, we happy few, we band of brothers, For he today who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother, Be he ne'er so vile, this day shall gentle his condition, and gentlemen in England now abed shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks, that fought with us at Burley Gate Village Hall!"

God speed, Sir Gilbert!

Jemima Fawr:
Fantastic!

Though Sir Rufus Pitt-Bulstrode should expect to receive a Cease & Desist letter from His Grace, the Bishop of St David's for his unauthorised use of the Arms of the Bishop of St David's, the bounder.

Doug ex-em4:
Mark

Maybe you could remind His Grace that he was instrumental in guiding the Bulk Importers to adopt that symbol, along with other possibly appropriate graphic references, on their banner.

Sir Rufus, of course, has no connection to this device apart from generously allowing the standard bearer of the Bulk Importers to accompany his platoon hq in the recent action.

I trust that this clarification will assist in untwisting the prelate’s nether garments.

Doug

Jemima Fawr:
His Grace might be willing to overlook the matter should er, elements of Sir Gilbert's entourage be inclined to visit the Bishopric in the near future?  Accommodation will of course be provided.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version