Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:46:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689675
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Empty paint bottles?  (Read 2401 times)

Offline syr8766

• Librarian
Re: Empty paint bottles?
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2018, 04:40:59 PM »
(Hey! Long time lurker, I post infrequently but the thread about good forums and good forum participation made me realize I should chime in more. Anyhoo...)

So a question as I've had the same issue with dropper bottles (Vallejo/Reaper/Army Painter): does someone make a compatible replacement lid that would have a flip-top and a small nozzle/opening similar to the Mission Model bottles? I'd think that something that was the right size that would allow one to take the nozzle off the aforementioned bottles and replace it with a (more secure, better aperature'd) fiip top would be best of both worlds, yeah? I did a quick search but didn't really see anything but maybe someone's already done the research?

Offline jeffreythancock

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Librarian
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2018, 12:00:15 AM »
Some of the UK plastic bottle sites seem to offer an 18mm flip top cap that would appear to fit the Vallejo 17ml bottle.  Like the black tops show for Mission, but the ones I found were white.  I would like to find some as well, because I use a paint palette and like to squeeze out measured amounts of paint, but the eyedropper tops do seem to clog on me.

You can order them for US$0.02-0.05 per cap from China, but the minimum order is 10,000 pieces!

Please let us know if you find a source, especially if you can confirm the 18mm cap diameter and thread density (410?)

Thanks, Jeff

(Hey! Long time lurker, I post infrequently but the thread about good forums and good forum participation made me realize I should chime in more. Anyhoo...)

So a question as I've had the same issue with dropper bottles (Vallejo/Reaper/Army Painter): does someone make a compatible replacement lid that would have a flip-top and a small nozzle/opening similar to the Mission Model bottles? I'd think that something that was the right size that would allow one to take the nozzle off the aforementioned bottles and replace it with a (more secure, better aperature'd) fiip top would be best of both worlds, yeah? I did a quick search but didn't really see anything but maybe someone's already done the research?

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2018, 09:04:29 AM »
That's probably because we don't have your discipline :p

lol

Call it being anal; I know you were all thinking it! ;D

I don't mind though; I full well know I'm 'special' that way, but hey; it has worked wonders for me over the years...  :D
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline syr8766

• Librarian
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2018, 04:10:58 PM »
Some of the UK plastic bottle sites seem to offer an 18mm flip top cap that would appear to fit the Vallejo 17ml bottle.  Like the black tops show for Mission, but the ones I found were white.  I would like to find some as well, because I use a paint palette and like to squeeze out measured amounts of paint, but the eyedropper tops do seem to clog on me.

You can order them for US$0.02-0.05 per cap from China, but the minimum order is 10,000 pieces!

Please let us know if you find a source, especially if you can confirm the 18mm cap diameter and thread density (410?)

Thanks, Jeff

"I shall redouble our efforts!"