Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:27:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: My Collection of Painted Sci-Fi Warbands  (Read 5407 times)

Offline aliensurfer

• Mastermind
Re: My Collection of Painted Sci-Fi Warbands
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2018, 10:10:16 PM »
very nice, and thanks for the link to the star breach site - grabbed the rules to have a look at.

Offline Burma44

• Librarian
    • STAR BREACH
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2018, 03:31:29 PM »
very nice, and thanks for the link to the star breach site - grabbed the rules to have a look at.

Thanks Aliensurfer! And I do hope you enjoy the Star Breach ruleset. I’m the creator and would love to hear what you think, especially if you can get a game in sometime. Cheers!
Creator of Star Breach and NCO Tabletop Games: starbreach.com

Offline Burma44

• Librarian
    • STAR BREACH
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2018, 02:28:24 PM »
In the past few days I managed to knock out a few “Big Gun” auxiliary units. First up are GW’s infamous Tyranid Warriors, which I resurrected from a bargain buy disaster paint job. I’ll use them for The Hive and Hive Cult warbands in Star Breach. Second are a pair of GW Killer Kans, which are diabolically trashy mecha, perfect for mech support in a couple of the not-so-polished warbands of Star Breach, such as U’Rak Warlords or Nomadic Raiders.

Thanks for following!

Offline Exiledadmiral

• Scientist
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2018, 09:07:19 PM »
Wow, that's a lot of complete, well painted warbands! Cracking painting all round, brilliant scenery too.

Offline Burma44

• Librarian
    • STAR BREACH
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2018, 03:04:12 PM »
Wow, that's a lot of complete, well painted warbands! Cracking painting all round, brilliant scenery too.

Thanks Admiral! Appreciate you stopping by and having a look!

And I just finished up this interesting little project. I took models from both GW and Warlord and unified them into one warband by doing a “pitch black” paint theme that I’ve never tried before. Super happy with the results! This crew would be perfect for many different Star Breach warbands, but they’re definitely giving off a strong Continuum Sydicate vibe. Let me know whatcha think!

Offline Burma44

• Librarian
    • STAR BREACH
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2018, 01:59:14 PM »
And here’s my final paintwork for 2018: a few drones flying into action. These models come from Warlord (BtGoA from two different factions) and they should work swimmingly in a number of different Star Breach warbands. Hope to do a fun photo shoot of everything I built and painted in 2018 next week. Thanks for following!

Offline Burma44

• Librarian
    • STAR BREACH
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2019, 04:05:49 PM »
Been a long time since I added to my list of finished warbands and random models for Star Breach gaming! So long, my last post was last year! Haha. But I have been busy nonetheless, with paint and life (had my second daughter in February, woot!) and I’ve also been busy continuing to promote Star Breach and prepare it for an upcoming Kickstarter in the fall.

Anyways... I remember mentioning a while back that I wanted to completely clear my “to-do” paint desk before my Zombicide order hit in May, and I’m pretty stoked to say I made it happen just in time! I did get some help from my commission painter on a few models, but I also added some more pieces to the original to-do list, so it evened out a bit. Haha. Here’s what I got done in the last 5 months, in order of completion:

-GW Rogue Trader Gellarpox for Terrors of Abaddon, Terror Legion and Terror Cult in Star Breach (painted by my commission painter, Lim)
-Battle Systems Galactic Terrain (awesome kit, punched from thick card)
-GW Necromunda Terrain and Scatter (painted by me)
-GW Genestealer Cult for Hive Cult or Contiuum Syndicate in Star Breach (painted by me in only inks—tried something new)
-GW Necromunda Gangers for Terror Cult, The Resistance, Nomadic Raiders in Star Breach (painted by Lim)
-Infinity Panoceania and Warlord Games Concord mixed models for The Path (Warlord Freeborn Nauru’s soon to be finished) or Intergalactic Marshals (painted by Lim)

Thanks for stopping by! Enjoy!