Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:12:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686458
  • Total Topics: 118100
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Samurai cowboy style  (Read 2502 times)

Offline 3 fingers

• Mastermind
Samurai cowboy style
« on: October 13, 2018, 09:00:41 AM »
Never heard about this before but stumbled across it  , and by the power of a famous search engine images 😂
I have discovered samurai cowboy/red steel 2 /six gun samurai and wondered if anyone has seen or converted miniatures and skirmished gamed it.
Should be easy to do basically adding katana to  gunfighter figures wearing greatcoats .

Offline goon3423

• Mastermind
Re: Samurai cowboy style
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2018, 06:05:12 AM »
I have not but I always wanted somebody to make a samauri cowboy for about as long as I’ve been into old west miniatures. I think for conversion stuff right now the Lucid Eye stuff is your best bet. I think Malifaux had something in the ball park years ago but I didn’t care for the overall look.
I am looking for the following Deadlands minis:  Shotgun Thug, Lost Soul, Cleaners, Railroad Workers & Feral Dead. If you have any of these minis, or if you are one, please send me a PM.

Offline 3 fingers

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2018, 07:53:04 AM »
I thought lucid eye , was quite large, I have a handful of artizan an was thinking of some of the Dracula’s America stuff and some more artizan,then seen Dixon miniatures do katanas..

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2018, 09:53:07 AM »
This thread reminds me of the film Red Sun starring Charles Bronson and Toshiro Mifune. It’s a Western about a cowboy and a Samurai teaming up to find a stolen samurai sword in the Old West. :)
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline goon3423

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2018, 03:57:57 PM »
This thread reminds me of the film Red Sun starring Charles Bronson and Toshiro Mifune. It’s a Western about a cowboy and a Samurai teaming up to find a stolen samurai sword in the Old West. :)
Love that movie.

Offline Bugsda

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2018, 05:43:05 PM »
Well I've lead an evil life, so they say, but I'll outrun the Devil on judgement day.

Offline Comsquare

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2018, 06:02:28 PM »

Offline goon3423

• Mastermind
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2018, 01:15:15 AM »
I thought lucid eye , was quite large, I have a handful of artizan an was thinking of some of the Dracula’s America stuff and some more artizan,then seen Dixon miniatures do katanas..
I can’t speak to all their stuff but I got some Corelocks to use as a base for some Bone Tomahawk troglodytes & they scale up just fine. A little bigger than Artizan but nothing really noticeable.

Offline 3 fingers

• Mastermind
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2018, 11:49:49 AM »
Oh that’s interesting to know Goon thanks 👍