Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 03:53:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1685050
  • Total Topics: 118007
  • Online Today: 766
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 6
Guests: 606
Total: 612

Recent

Author Topic: The Daniel36 Chronicles - A Tale of Fantasy Adventures  (Read 6647 times)

Offline Daniel36

• Mad Scientist
Re: The Daniel36 Chronicles - A Tale of Fantasy Adventures
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2018, 10:41:26 AM »
So, I built this dungeon for Frostgrave, but also for any other fantasy skirmish or RPG game.

I use this special stuff that I haven't seen other people use much. It looks like this:

This is the product I have used for this: https://www . macleanproducts . nl/comfort-super-5mm-0-59mx0-79m-9-79m

Perhaps you can order it yourself, not sure if they ship internationally. It is much better than that blueboard stuff, cheaper too!

This is what it looked like at first. The white stuff is the regular cheap foam.

Layout unintentional, though it does make for a nice Weird War II bunker, I suppose...

Later on I decidd that the large black parts looked strange, so I gave them a "dirt" treatment.

Looks nice, no?

I also made bigger rooms with removable walls, so I could either choose to close them or make entrances.

I also once made a larger cavern system, and through pure luck they were the same height, so I made a connector piece.

Peekaboo

Spooky stuff

Dead stuff

You can find several more pictures here: https://imgur.com/a/KJLbsCr

Offline Sunjester

• Mastermind
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2018, 11:08:35 AM »
Really nice stuff there, the dungeon looks great!

Offline Battle Brush Sigur

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2018, 11:35:39 AM »
Hey, it's Daniel36! :) Hullo. What a nice project. The Frostgrave minis look really neat, but I'm really looking forward to how the dungeon turns out. Kudos for taking on such a project; it looks very very promising already.

Oh, and screw Photobucket. There's this workaround for forums and such still showing the photo you uploaded, but still - screw Photobucket.

Offline Daniel36

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2018, 10:06:44 AM »
Thank you Sunjester! And hello there Sigur! Long time!

Currently, the dungeon is more or less finished. I have enough tiles to make it playable, everything I have is fully painted and I need to get me new pieces of MDF and foam to continue, and I currently lack the will to continue building pieces for it.

That doesn't mean that I am abandoning scenery building, it just means the next pieces will not be dungeons.

Right now I am building a snowy ruin for a "standard" Frostgrave table and the plan is to have enough pieces to get a table's worth. I am even taking pics of the process so I can share them here.

In the meantime, some pictures of my Mordheim models. They will be presented to you semi-randomly, as I do not have the heart to sift through 94 images in order to give a coherent story. Luckily, most of these file names associated with their warband or somesuch, so there will be SOME coherence... I am rambling, picture time!

Let's start of with an iconic model. Unfortunately, the Dark Elves were painted by me for a friend, so I no longer possess them. Maybe I can buy them off of him.

Reiklanders which are WAY too colourful for me, but I simply lacked the skills to paint them more subdued.

At least I have a Reikland gang. Not the original models, but those cost a lot of money.

I chose the Altdorf colour scheme, though now I am wondering if these colours were already Altdorfian during the Mordheim era... At least none of my models are wearing Karl Franz iconography.

I probably finished painting the cupboard at the same time... No idea why else I would put it in the background...

Beastmen, again painted for a friend. Maybe I can buy them off of him as well, since he quit playing...

Awesome models

Awesome

Even the plastics look awesome!

Extremely detailed shield design *cough cough*

Another icon, Bertha... Again this was painted for (yet another) friend, who luckily got her in a large Sisters of Sigmar lot. Though, this time, I have my own Bertha model as well, which I got in a trade... That one still needs to be painted though.

Uhh... her back...

Well, that's it for now! More later!

Offline Daniel36

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2018, 10:38:10 AM »

Treasure

Cold Hounds or something for the Dark Elf faction

Originally a somewhat limited edition High Elf model, a shield swap turned him Dark. The hand was rather large but whatevz, the shield design is awesome!

See?

I had a lot of fun painting him

The entire gang was actually a lot of fun to paint!

Just enough variety not to get annoying

Do you believe in love after love? I very much dislike this model, but I decided I still wanted to Chér her with you... *wink wink*

Offline Daniel36

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2018, 09:50:07 AM »

Spirit

I used this guy for a mercenary... Not sure what they were called in Mordheim again, but any warband could hire him...

Johann the Knife - Found this guy in a super cheap lot of models, together with a relatively rare Witch Hunter model. Cost per model? 1 Euro!

Had this model for ages. Replaced his staff for two axes and his fave with a zombie head, and now it is a Darksoul for a warband I no longer have... OR a random encounter.

Marienburg warband!! Yeey!!

Somewhat unsafe for work picture...

This here is Pirate Dwarf Norton

Halfling Cook and my Pirate Leader!

And a group shot of my Pirates - Building this gang was a lot of fun!

Offline Tungdil

• Scientist
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2018, 04:36:51 PM »
Very nice figures.

Offline Daniel36

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2018, 09:55:01 AM »
Thanks!

More on the way:

I use this Fenbeast as a Chaos Spawn...

I have recently rebased this fella to be included in a Necromunda warband. I kind of regret having done that, as this guy is responsible for some very memorable moments in our Mordheim Campaigns.

And his disgusting back

Random pic of one of my Pirates

While these are obviously the old Ghoul models, I made them into Possessed Darksouls, as they seemed to fit that bill quite well. One walks around with a lump of Wyrdstone, haha.

Shake that booty!

I constantly forget the make of these models, but they were given to me for free and I loved them so much and decided they were excellent Tzeentchian Cultists.

A more or less scratchbuild Possessed model for one of those guys that you can buy mutations. This one has a scorpion tail!

Not my best conversion hahaha...

Offline Knightofspades

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2018, 03:38:21 AM »
Great work! All the paintjobs are good and the scheme looks very nice and unified.

Offline Daniel36

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2018, 09:20:03 AM »

One last pirate, for good measure!

So glad I own a large Sisters warband.

One of my friends also has one. His are off white with old green. We gave them matching warband names... Uninteresting information, I know!

Not sure why I decided to give the shield a different colour, but here you go...

The entire warband, I think. I am not proud of the blind girl conversion, but fortunately I have a very good replacement model for it, once I get back into Mordheim.

Them pesky Skeletons!

Now, I am glad I don't live in Australia, where spiders apparently grow the size of our heads, but every now and again we do get cool looking ones. This one has an evil red grin on his back so I put my skeleton next to him... Who will win?

Table made from a door

It just adds so much character to a room...

Next up, Witches, Warlocks and those who hunt them

Offline Tungdil

• Scientist
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2018, 09:26:52 AM »
Cool additions. Your Sisters of Sigmar are great.

Offline Anselm van Helsing

• Scientist
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2018, 09:33:11 AM »
Wow, so many cool minis in this thread.

Your painting style is effective, the minis look really good in the varying terrain. Do you play on such terrain too? Would be really cool!  ;)

You guys will be in for a treat though. I managed to recover about 100 pics of my Mordheim models, which I thought were gone. They will be re-uploaded soon!

Nice, I'll get some popcorn.  :)

Offline Daniel36

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2018, 10:11:28 AM »
Thanks guys!

I think you will like the next batch, Anselm van Helsing!

First up, a Witch conversion of sorts, for Mordheim.

And a warlock with some OSL thrown in for good measure. Not the best, but it works well enough.

And the leader of those that hunt them.

One of the models I got in the same lot as Johann the Knife. I was very lucky.

And now for a few pics of my OSL tryout.

And more OSL on my Priest.

Now, while the OSL on the Witch Hunter wsa somewhat difficult, OSL on silver coloured armour is easy. Just drybrush gold over it.

The hands were harder to do.

Two of my Flagellants

And a very fun little kitbash

He is quite full of bits

See? :D

I may at one point redo all the bases to round ones.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 09:20:51 AM by Daniel36 »

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2018, 04:02:58 PM »
These are all so very excellent. Loads of character in each fig. It's a great thing to see.

Offline Gallahad

• Scientist
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2018, 03:46:21 AM »
This was so fun to scroll through. Thanks for sharing. Great figs and great paintwork!