Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:55:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Issue with Foundry order  (Read 8051 times)

Offline Byblos

• Mad Scientist
  • Les Echelles du Levant ...
Re: Issue with Foundry order
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2018, 04:15:02 PM »
The problem is , as far as i remember, Foundry don't propose tracked orders ...

And yes they sent to me a new package as the first was lost, but the problem is first a communication problem who let me in doubt too longer !

But aniway , the problem is solved (with some difficulties indeed) so i will make  new orders (but smallers orders)  from Foundry in next monthes/years  :)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 01:29:14 PM by Byblos »

Offline mcfonz

• Mastermind
    • Poison Spurs - blog and reviews
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2018, 05:51:28 PM »
Yup, certainly. They should have gotten back to you sooner.
RP Tabletop Blog:

RP vlog channel: https://www.youtube.com/@RandomPlatypus

Offline Lord Raglan

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Abergavenny
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2018, 06:14:49 PM »
Interestingly, I have also experienced issues with a Foundry order recently, had to go through paypal to get it resolved in the end, but no communication from the company.

At the moment, Foundry is not the company we have come to know and trust over the last 20 odd years  :(

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2018, 08:18:50 AM »

Following my post last week I have still not received my order or any email or follow up from the Foundry. I will phone them again today then open a dispute via Paypal.

Not acceptable from what uesd to be a very reliable company.
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2018, 01:05:43 PM »
did you have any luck getting through Malamute?

I phoned them yesterday with reference to getting a small number of missing pots fulfilled from a large order of paints I made in late september - the guy I spoke with (second time, after first discussing it on the 'phone last week - emails generally haven't been answered) said he needed to ok it with his manager and would get them out today - I said I'd call again to confirm, but the 'phone isn't being answered ... He did say they'd be getting ready for the Crisis convention however.

I should stress that I've placed 4 orders over the last 5-6 wks and have received everything in reasonable time apart from these 'not in stock at time of ordering' (which I was informed of) paints ...
It's just that the same gentleman has assurred me they've had their paint supplies in some 2 wks or more ago, so I can't work out what's going on.

on top of that I've placed a 5th order a week ago for some figures and other paints, am going to be away from later next week, and their packages don't fit through a letterbox ...

c'mon Foundry!  :)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 01:17:45 PM by Bloggard »

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2018, 02:22:49 PM »
No reply on the phone today.

Two emails remain unanswered and a call last week which did not give a satisfactory response. Basically I was told by the chap who answered the phone he did not have access to orders placed two weeks prior so couldn't help. He assured me he would follow it up.

My order will be a month overdue next week. I have ordered from the Foundry for the last twenty odd years and have always received the order within two or three days which is why I am suspicious of this situation today.

Incidentally my order was also for paint, only three pots. I was not informed anything was out of stock when I placed the order or called last week.

I have contacted Paypal and opened a dispute so we will see if Foundry respond to that.

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2018, 02:55:13 PM »
I've not made many orders with them before these last few weeks, but it does seem odd if you were used to such good service previously.
I think you're the third person in this thread alone talking about opening a paypal dispute, which must surely be worrying for them, let alone customers.

Offline Yankeepedlar01

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • http://talesfromghq.blogspot.com/2011/11/you-are-very-welcome-at-tales-from-ghq.html
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2018, 06:46:26 AM »
I usually pop over in person, a day out for we retired types you understand, but past experience was always good with mail order. Most recently I was unwell, so ordered via the website: nothing for over two weeks. I rang up and the order was resent, arriving in two days. Judging from the size of box they use now I can’t see it being lost or misdirected, but hard to accept it was stolen enroute. Hope your outstanding stuff appears soon.
"There is no point in being stupid unless you show it!"

http://talesfromghq.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Fighting15s

• Scientist
    • Fighting 15s
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2018, 07:54:57 AM »
Same here. A shipment from Warfare took 18 days -usual turnabout, 7 to 8 days- and from Helion took 19 days -normally, 5 to 8 days-. However, from Fighting15s, Warlord and Footsore it took the expected 7 days.

The works of UK postal service are really misterious.

To be fair, your order was sent priority tracked and signed so should have arrived within a week. I know a number of EU customers have had long waits - four to five weeks is not unknown - for standard airmail. I suspect that a lot of so called airmail to Europe goes by lorry, and arrives at a mail/customs hub where it sits until someone gets around to dealing with it. In my experience France is particularly bad when it comes to postal delivery times, judging from the number of emails I get from customers enquiring about their orders.
Ian
Fighting 15s
Gladiator Miniatures, Fighting 15s Flags, Martian Empires and Flashing Blade Miniatures
https://www.fighting15s.com

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2018, 09:47:42 AM »
Situation doesn't make much sense to me - and while respecting the fact that the OP finally got his order, I think most people reporting order problems in this thread are UK based.

I mean, they appear to have a dedicated mail order dept (and shop) with at least two staff - it isn't a one-man-band situation.
Going to the Crisis convention implies they're hardly about to shut-up-shop and yet they're letting orders linger to the point of customers opening Paypal disputes?

can't understand it - hope things are alright with them, and this current situation can get sorted.

Offline armchairgeneral

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2018, 12:41:42 PM »
Just send a small order to Foundry then saw this thread which is worrying.

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2018, 02:38:00 PM »
Just send a small order to Foundry then saw this thread which is worrying.

Let us know if it turns up?

Since I filed the Paypal dispute yesterday Foundry have still not responded to Paypal. ::)

Offline Antonio J Carrasco

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2018, 08:36:48 PM »
To be fair, your order was sent priority tracked and signed so should have arrived within a week. I know a number of EU customers have had long waits - four to five weeks is not unknown - for standard airmail. I suspect that a lot of so called airmail to Europe goes by lorry, and arrives at a mail/customs hub where it sits until someone gets around to dealing with it. In my experience France is particularly bad when it comes to postal delivery times, judging from the number of emails I get from customers enquiring about their orders.

Maybe it's that so, but I always have a consistent great service from you, Ian; especially in shipping times. Oddly enough, your postage is not higher than charged by other companies. Mind that I didn't intend my comment as a criticism to Warfare or Helion, as both companies have a good customer service (in my experience) and a delay of a couple of weeks is not that much either.

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2018, 09:45:34 AM »
regarding my order/s:

phoned again on Monday - spoke with Lucy this time; true to her word I've received both the outstanding paints from my original order, and my most recent one, today.

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2018, 08:54:54 AM »
regarding my order/s:

phoned again on Monday - spoke with Lucy this time; true to her word I've received both the outstanding paints from my original order, and my most recent one, today.

Lucky you, I've had nothing, no response via Paypal either. ::)