Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:01:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Issue with Foundry order  (Read 8078 times)

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Issue with Foundry order
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2018, 09:32:44 AM »
really odd situation.

might be worth another call and asking to speak with her (if necessary)?

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2018, 10:34:48 AM »
Maybe, but there comes a point when I think why should I keep chasing them. lol
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Byblos

• Mad Scientist
  • Les Echelles du Levant ...
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2018, 10:40:20 AM »
Maybe, but there comes a point when I think why should I keep chasing them. lol

I perfectly understand that  :?

Offline armchairgeneral

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2018, 12:09:35 PM »
Let us know if it turns up?

Since I filed the Paypal dispute yesterday Foundry have still not responded to Paypal. ::)

I got a card through to collect it yesterday. I will pick it up after work today. Assuming all is well with the order that's about 8 days - so pretty good.

I spoke to someone yesterday at Foundry and they said they had been having issues with the Royal Mail.

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2018, 02:31:12 PM »

I spoke to someone yesterday at Foundry and they said they had been having issues with the Royal Mail.

I'm pleased your order has bee relatively painless.

They may well have issue with the post office, but the fact they don't reply to Emails or phone calls to advise customers they are having problems is the reason for my frustration. I've now waited one month for my order. During that time they have failed to respond to five emails, sent to both their Email addresses. During the one phone call from me they answered the person on the phone could not have been more unhelpful if he had tried. all he was concerned about was getting me off the phone. When I called last week no one picked up the phone.
They can blame the Royal Mail if they like, but I suspect there is a bigger issue here. Interestingly so far they have not responded via the Paypal dispute either. We'll see what happens this next week...

Offline Grimjack

• Scientist
  • Z List Wargames Industry Celebrity
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2018, 03:44:03 PM »
Apparently, they had three bags of mail going missing and are playing catch up - no excuse for not communicating but perhaps they were non-plussed?
Remember: the dice are not your friends!

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2018, 10:07:52 AM »
Just for closure I have received a response from Paypal saying they have awarded in my favour and have recovered my monies from the Foundry and have refunded it to me.

Such a shame, I will not be ordering from them again in the future. Any purchases will have to me made at shows from now on as I absolutely no confidence in them at all. ::)

Offline tom q vaxy

• Librarian
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2018, 10:38:42 AM »
To be fair, looking at their response, they sent it out to you already but it never arrived with you.

Not yours or their fault. I can't help but feel for companies when this happens though. If it's a large order, it's always worth going with tracked, especially if ordering from overseas IMHO.

tracking is the way reputable companies ship

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2018, 01:51:01 PM »
Even within the UK I go for tracking where available. Though UK tracking tends to be only a few Pounds at most. However, if its more substantial I'd put the order off for a while to justify it.

Tracking if anything helps when dealing with countries where the delivery times can be fairly long, and allows you to say "uh, what", when your order suddenly starts going the wrong way all of a sudden ("Why is that order I placed from Moscow now in the Asian part of Russia?" - OK, we'll resend it, our mail service must have messed up).

Offline duhamel

• Mastermind
  • voyageur
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2018, 04:47:51 PM »
oh shit :o I just ordered from home, I should have read this post before :?. I hope everything will be fine for me. never had any worries before with foundry
“Le courage consiste à avoir peur mais à continuer tout de même.”

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" The courage consists in being afraid but in continuing all the same. \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

Offline duhamel

• Mastermind
  • voyageur
« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2018, 12:12:37 PM »
15 days after my order, still received nothing ... :-I I sent an email will see if they answer me  :?

Offline Isasi

• Assistant
« Reply #41 on: December 26, 2018, 03:03:24 PM »
I´ve usually made orders to Foundry to Spain and I´ve got my stuff in 10-12 days.

My last order was shipped on 22nd november. Last week they answered my e-mail to tell me all is fine and my order will arrive in 3-4 weeks.

Today, 34 days ago from shippment, and I still have nothing.

I will send a new e-mail this week.

It´s a pity, because I love the figures from Foundry, but I don´t know if I will ever make an order again.
It's never too late to have a happy childhood.

Offline duhamel

• Mastermind
  • voyageur
« Reply #42 on: December 26, 2018, 03:37:16 PM »
this news is not likely to reassure me. I planned to place another order but I will abstain damage :?