Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:01:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: ACP164: The Albedo Miniatures Game  (Read 27867 times)

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
    • Sally 4th Wargames Terrain & Figure Storage
Re: [KICKSTARTER] Albedo Miniatures Game Launched Today
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2018, 04:57:03 PM »
That would be a great starting point for human sci-fi troops, as everyone looks very similar in a respirator. If they are popular we can then add a range of unmasked miniatures with different faces.

On another note...

Here's the very first images of the new EDF Officer sculpt. As with all the all the miniatures in the Albedo Range it is multipart so you will be able to use any head style (Combat Helmet / Beret / Bare Head) or species (Cat / Dog / Fox / Rabbit / Otter) and a range of weapon arms.

I can't wait to add some to my ConFed Army.

You can check what else is in the pipeline @ https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/179272384/albedo-combat-patrol-the-28mm-sci-fi-miniatures-ga
Chris Abbey
Www.sally4th.co.uk

Offline Braz

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2018, 10:44:46 AM »
Any chance of getting some variety in the dog heads; only basset hounds that I can see so far. Kinda bleh about hounds. Something with a pointier snout e.g. Retriever, German Shepard, collie would be nice and appreciated.   

Yay for the otter heads!

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2018, 03:52:11 PM »
We are committed to supporting Albedo with monthly new releases, which start this month. We'd like to get all our fans involved in the development of the range, so last month we asked everyone what they would like to suggest for the next head type. We collected the responses and held an online Poll and the otter head came out as the clear favorite. We also added a conical helm for fantasy miniature converters. These heads have gone off for mold making and will be shipping out very soon. We are planning to do the same thing for Decembers new releases, so please add some comments with the next species or breed you would like us to feature, i.e Badger, Border Collie etc. and the next type of headgear you would like us to feature, i.e. Kepi, Samurai Helmet, Knights Helmet etc.

Tomorrow lunchtime, I'll collect the responses and put an online poll together and start the process for the December new release.

Offline FionaWhite

• Mad Scientist
  • The Fox Fantastic
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2018, 06:09:15 PM »

My head-vote would be on rough collie or saluki, but if what we saw last time holds true, badgers it is.  ;)
As for helmets, my vote's still on sallet although I've already been greenstuffing some of my own together.

I really have no idea what I'm doing.

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2018, 11:12:17 AM »

We have collected together your requests for new breeds and species to add to our 'Critter Conversion Kits' (head and tail sets for converting miniatures to anthropomorphic figures).

Quick update - Dachshund is in the lead at the moment in the voting. Still 3 hours to go, so if you're keen for a particular model and haven't voted there is still time, or share around with your mates and get them to vote as well! Link for voting : http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=5be2d8aae4b0507f7274dafe

The Albedo Miniatures Game is currently on Kickstarter with lots more Albedo / Anthropomorphic goodness, if you've not seen it yet you can check it out @ https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/179272384/albedo-combat-patrol-the-28mm-sci-fi-miniatures-ga

Offline Tungdil

• Scientist
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2018, 11:26:26 AM »
Sausage dog? Really? Badgers, and shepherd dogs are cooler. But if that's the result, it's ok.

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2018, 01:08:08 PM »
My thoughts as well, still some time for other people to vote, but as a matter of integrity we have to go with what the majority have voted for.

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2018, 05:53:58 PM »

Seven days to go!

Loads off new things have been added and stretch goals passed including Subway Station and Air Assault Troops, and more still to come.

Link for further information including independent reviews and 'Let's Play' video from Beasts of War @ https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/179272384/albedo-combat-patrol-the-28mm-sci-fi-miniatures-ga

"The figures and game concept have that uniqueness, something ‘different’, and that stands out in a market that is pretty much saturated. Overall, this is a welcome option for sci - fi gamers, backed up by a proven game system that covers a host of genres."

Wargames Illustrated Prime Time Review

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2018, 09:39:09 AM »
Quick update today, on Albedo today...

Firstly Albedo Armour is on it's way. More details over the next few days, but the campaign will definitely be including Mechanized Squads and Platoons later this week, (campaign finishes Saturday 17th November)

Secondly we are running a vote at the moment to choose the next type of headgear / hat for our popular 'Critter Conversion Kits'

Click here to vote.

http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=5be2da7ae4b0507f7274db02

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2018, 09:58:22 AM »
Those look good. The one on the right (a light tank or IFV?), the turret looks a bit small for the gun, but I can see them being of use elsewhere.

Offline FionaWhite

• Mad Scientist
  • The Fox Fantastic
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2018, 10:08:57 AM »
Those look good. The one on the right (a light tank or IFV?), the turret looks a bit small for the gun, but I can see them being of use elsewhere.

It's not the size, it's how you use it.  :D

But yes, very nice to see these.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 10:27:53 AM by FionaWhite »

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2018, 10:58:55 AM »

This is the source image for the light tank version, from the comic. I'm pretty sure by the time we have added the track guards etc. it will be a 95% match. Remember this is sci-fi, it's a one critter turret with auto loader and caseless ammo.

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2018, 08:49:10 PM »

This is the source image for the light tank version, from the comic. I'm pretty sure by the time we have added the track guards etc. it will be a 95% match. Remember this is sci-fi, it's a one critter turret with auto loader and caseless ammo.
I was not commenting on how it matches the the source material, I was more thinking of its uses outside of the game.

Good point, I wonder how it compares to the unergonomic BMP/BMD 2  turret ^__^.

Offline Munindk

• Mad Scientist
  • Denmark
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2018, 07:23:44 AM »
Very nice vehicles!

I'm looking forward to the ILR AFVs :)

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2018, 09:46:17 AM »
Glad you like the vehicles. We're also very keen to do the ILR vehicles. They are the £15K stretch goal on Kickstarter, we are at £13.4k at the moment and campaign closes on Saturday 17th, so if we get a few more backers for what we have done so far, including the EDF vehicles, we are in with a chance.

'Down in the Tube Station at Midnight' - A couple of weeks ago we were over in Ireland playing Albedo with Justin from Beasts of War. The video play though featuring the Subway Station has just been put up @ https://www.beastsofwar.com/featured/lets-play-albedo-combat-patrol-burrow-station-scenario/