Forum > Age of Myths, Gods and Empires

Hail Caesar! - Growing forces in the Punic Wars

(1/21) > >>

Wiegraf:
Hello everyone.

I have been painting models for Hail Caesar! and gaming a fair bit with forces from the Punic Wars. Right now my main enemy is Carthage and I command a strange Roman / Syracuse / Numidian alliance (along with their pet Elephant).  The Romans are all my work. The Numidians, Elephant, and Greeks on my side were done by others.  I plan to bump out the Numidians, Greeks and Elephant once more Romans are done so I only use my own painted soldiers.

Here's some shots from our games.  Lots more on my blog and my YouTube channel.
https://steepledhatstudios.blogspot.com/2018/10/and.html
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOKkH_jmQZXrbjNllcvfHQ/

Right now I plan to do two full divisions of Mostly Romans.
The two divisions  will be clones of each other made up of 2 units of Hastati, 2 units of  principes, 1 unit of Triarii, 1 unit of Velites, then supplemented with one unit of Celtic Light Cavalry and Numidians (since Roman Cavalry are notoriously poor fighters).  In Hail Caesar! when one plays with points you must take Hastati and Principes in pairs, and you can take one unit of triarii for every two pairs of Hastati and Principes.

I want to start some other projects once these two forces are finished but I am wondering what my third division should be.  Should I buy more Romans and make a third maniple style division?  Perhaps a Gallic division? Italian allies (Samnites / Umbrians)? Spanish? What do you all think? I like everything from this era so I may end up doing it all anyways! 

Utgaard:
Nice collection so far, hope to see more soon  :)

Erik:
I would definitely go for a Spanish army with lots of Celtic units. Then you can always expand on that Gallic army you always wanted.

Very nice miniatures by the way.

Cheers

Erik

FierceKitty:
You legionaries are a delight, and I'm glad a few other gamers agree they must have decorated their shields.

Wiegraf:
Thank you all for the comments!

--- Quote ---I would definitely go for a Spanish army with lots of Celtic units. Then you can always expand on that Gallic army you always wanted.
--- End quote ---

The Spanish seem like the best choice.  They were long associated with Roman forces.  That and I can use them for Carthage too when I make my own. 

--- Quote ---You legionaries are a delight, and I'm glad a few other gamers agree they must have decorated their shields.
--- End quote ---

I originally was just going to do yellows and reds on the shields, but then I got a hold of some vVV decals and liked them, so I decided to do them all up.  Triarii are going to have fancier LBMS decals :) 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version