Forum > Age of Myths, Gods and Empires

Fate of Immortal Miniatures Persians

(1/3) > >>

Cyrus the Great:
Warlord Games acquired Immortal Miniatures quite awhile back. Stephen May had, at least, CAD drawings of a projected plastic Achaemenid Persian range.
Warlord Games has cleared out the plastic Persians acquired from Wargames Factory. Does anyone know if there will be a green light for the Immortal Miniatures designed plastic Achaemenid Persian range?
With the advent of Men of Bronze within  8-12 months it would be worth considering, in addition to all the other Ancient rules already out there.

Wiegraf:
Hmm, curious question. No idea!   All I've seen and bought for myself are the Metal Persians they offer.

I am not all that impressed with Warlord's Persian metal ranges .
Wargames Factory was better with their Persian plastics in my opinion, but they're no longer in production sadly.   They are considerably bulkier models when put beside Immortal's hoplites. Companies always have different sizing for the same scale it seems.

Warlord released the Wargames Factory dark age plastics and did a bunch of re-boxing and relabelling .  I was expecting them to do the same with the Persians - they did after all make new Spartan general models and a Spartan starter army recently (and make some new Sacred Band of Thebe minis). 

Victrix also announced ancient Persian releases for their far off in future projects.  They're getting into Dark Ages first, however.   No idea what order they plan to do things in! 

Easy E:
I know I would buy some plastic Persians! 

The lack of plastics Persians seems like a big gap in the market  a clever business owner would want to exploit.

Arrigo:
either that... or there is a reason why there is a lack of plastic Persians... :D

Easy E:

--- Quote from: Arrigo on October 19, 2018, 10:30:22 AM ---either that... or there is a reason why there is a lack of plastic Persians... :D

--- End quote ---

Hush now!   ;)

I imagine (with no evidence) the best sellers for historicals are Romans, Hoplites, and WWII Germans not necessarily in that order.  These are the Space Marines of Historical games and probably are about 80% of all historical sales.

Everyone else is lucky to get any models made.   lol   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version