Forum > General Wargames and Hobby Discussion

Where should I list stuff for sale with a reasonable chance of a sale?

(1/8) > >>

Condottiere:
Where should I list stuff for sale with a reasonable chance of a sale?

What am I doing wrong here: http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=111288.0?

I know it's hit or miss, but not even receiving apathetic enquiries about postage or whether I still have the items, followed by silence, lol >:( for months. I'm not charging top Dollar and mentioned at one point to being amenable to reasonable offers. :? If everything sells, I stand to make almost $30, factoring in Paypal's fees, which will go towards partially funding a new project. Part of me thinks there's not much demand for plastics, despite claims on other boards. 

USPS First Class to Europe is ~$13.50 for anything weighing from 1-8 ounces, might've killed off potential buyers, but it's less than what I'm charged when I used to order from Ludik Bazaar.  :?

grant:
I experience frustration at the board sometimes too.

Your ad is fine, you just haven’t found your buyer yet.

I’ll often advertise postage included so that buyers get a all-in price.

In the end it’s a crapshoot.

Captain Blood:
Could just be, people don’t like the product.
I think the viking set is the first and best of the GB plastic boxes. Several of the others, I don’t rate.
It’s a widely available, and not especially desirable item.
I guess, as Grant says, the right buyer just hasn’t happened along yet.
That said, UK or European buyers are unlikely to want to pay 13.50 postage for something they can buy new, post free, at any wargames convention.

fred:
US to UK postage is really high currently. And this is effectively doubling the cost of your stuff.

The gripping beast sprues are readily available on eBay for under £6 including postage. And I guess for similar prices in Europe. So unfortunately you are down to US buyers.

Mako:
I've had very little luck selling stuff here too.

Seems people want items at 25% of retail, or less.  If you price above that here, it's hard to sell, unless in high demand, and very rare (OOP).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version