Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:51:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Hassles with Hasslefree - merged issues thread  (Read 69319 times)

Offline Mammoth miniatures

• Mad Scientist
Re: Hassles with Hasslefree - merged issues thread
« Reply #390 on: May 11, 2022, 05:58:35 PM »
That's what I thought as well. Very confused if that's not the case?

I suppose the issue is that as a family venture, it has provided jobs for several folks. So for them to keep working, they need someone to be making minis.

But of course the issue is less the actual sculpting and more the creative direction or lack thereof. Is kev going to be in the background saying "hey, do a dwarf like this, or do this cool thing i drew" or will it simply be a new sculptor doing their own thing under the hasslefree banner? It's going to be an odd shift for sure.

Offline Cait Sidhe

• Scientist
« Reply #391 on: May 12, 2022, 10:08:05 AM »
Kev has never really run Hasslefree as far as I know, just the sculptor, hence why he gets annoyed by people complaining at him on Facebook. His wife Sally used to handle running the company but stepped back some time ago due to ill health. It's been run by Dameon (aka Artemis Black) for quite some years now.

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
« Reply #392 on: May 12, 2022, 12:55:25 PM »
I wish Kev well, but I'm struggling to see how his style will fit in with GW. Perhaps we'll get slightly knock-kneed space marines looking coyly over one shoulder ???

Still, going from total creative freedom to very little/none will be a shock.

I can understand why GW would want him, as he's one of the best sculptors out there, I just don't get what's in it for him (other than a regular pay-cheque and a staff discount)

Hopefully Hasslefree will survive, but Artemis's long term health issues won't help.

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #393 on: May 14, 2022, 11:22:24 AM »
Folks, in line with the BTD thread, after some internal discussion we have come to the conclusion that this thread has run it's course, and it is unlikely to provide substantive usefulness anymore. What with their recent/upcoming changes, we sincerely hope Hasslefree can sort out their issues, one way or another, but we think it might be best to lock this specific thread.

This does not preclude posting further information on Hasslefree in the future, though.