Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:27:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690717
  • Total Topics: 118343
  • Online Today: 839
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Issues with Black Tree Design - ongoing  (Read 42044 times)

Offline Shahbahraz

• Mastermind
    • A Lead Odyssey
Re: Issue with Black Tree Design !?
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2019, 01:49:37 AM »
Yep. I gort an email from John saying the error would be fixed, and he would throw in an extra pack. That was several weeks ago, and nothing.
Wargaming since the dark ages...

---https://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/---

Offline Duncan McDane

• Mastermind
« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2019, 04:50:30 PM »
Meanwhile they are running their 3rd kickstarter of the year.

Well, they seem to have retracted quite a few models from their site so I guess they really need to replace moulds ( and they need the cash to do so ) as we can see from the WO-2 models last page, something that they really shouldn't have shipped out, casting is sub par. In our experience, Black Tree takes some time to deliver but so far - last order about 15-18 months ago - everything arrived in good nick so I hope the negative feedback they are getting atm is just a temporarily hick-up. They still got some stuff on my want-list...
Leadhead

Offline Sir_Theo

• Mastermind
« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2019, 05:17:11 PM »
I've been waiting longer than normal for my latest order. It's a fairly small order, and I am aware of the personal issues at play, so I'm happy to wait.

Fair enough if there is a lot of money at stake, but sometimes I think people could do with getting a little bit more perspective about things.

Offline Shahbahraz

• Mastermind
    • A Lead Odyssey
« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2019, 05:53:56 PM »
I also received a personal email committing to making good and throwing in some extras to make up for it. That was a couple of weeks ago. I will believe it when it arrives. In the meantime, I managed to find an eBay seller with some BTD and also did some surgery on the inaccurate figures. Not great, but they will do.

It will be my last BTD order.

People saying they will do something and doing it is quite another thing. As noted above, BTD promised to fix up my order and throw in a bonus pack, but that was months ago and nothing. Nada, zip. I am still financially down, I have had to modify some of the incorrect figures to build a full squad, and I am furious.

The sad part is that I was playing today, using a friends figures - all BTD, and they were lovely. Such a shame.

Offline nicknorthstar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2019, 07:19:45 PM »
Duncan McDane. You only need to scroll through TMPs message boards to see this isn't a temporarily hick-up.

It been going on and on for over 15 years now, they are NOT going to get better, trust me, I know.

You pays your money, you takes your risk.

Offline LCpl McDoom

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2019, 07:25:12 PM »
Sadly Mr NorthStar, I believe you  :?

And as it's now a 22 month wait, I think I've kind of gone past the 'get a little bit more perspective' phase too, as mentioned by someone else.

A great pity as I was very happy with the figures they provided - sometimes.

Offline Hupp n at em

• Mastermind
« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2019, 04:40:30 AM »
Frankly, I hope he sells the moulds.  I had no idea the guy was in his 80's (unless I read the email wrong) with minimal helping hands.  It doesn't seem like the kind of business you can run at that age with health problems.   :?

Offline fitterpete

• Mad Scientist
  • Maryland, U.S.A.
« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2019, 02:44:53 AM »
Order placed December 25th. Finally received everything June 7th. Can't wait to place my next order ::)

Offline Shahbahraz

• Mastermind
    • A Lead Odyssey
« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2019, 08:35:54 AM »
At least you received everything. I still haven't, nor the supposed extras to make up for the nonsense. Still short a pack of LMG, plus one pack they sent in error needs replacement. Just a horrendous experience

Offline fitterpete

• Mad Scientist
  • Maryland, U.S.A.
« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2019, 02:19:11 PM »
Don't let it go, they took your money right? I was annoying as hell. Sent a email almost everyday, mostly just a "you still owe me miniatures" type. The two times I did receive a response and then miniatures I threatened a paypal dispute. I would try this if I were you. I don't think they care till they think your taking your  money back. Does paypal keep track of businesses that have too many disputes? That might be a factor also.
I actually didn't get 1 pack of goblins I ordered. He says the mold needs redone so he sent a different pack and a dozen smaller goblin types I really have no interest in.The pack that needs the mold redone is still for sale on the website :?
I really want the goblins from the two kickstarters they finished this year but man I don't know if I want to go thru this crap again.
Good luck everybody!
Edit:I just looked, those smaller goblins are a set from the latest kickstarter, the only set I wouldn't have pledged for  lol
« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 02:25:21 PM by fitterpete »

Offline MachinaMandala

• Librarian
« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2019, 04:15:14 PM »
I bought some miniatures from BTD about a year or so ago at Christmas time. It took four / five months for me to get them which involved both emailing and ringing where I was told one of the moulds was broken and so they'd send it for free after I got the rest of them. I also bought some spears for the miniatures and the spears were heavily rusted.

I received most of my miniatures but never did get those "free" ones.

It's a shame because, once I received them, they were fantastic miniatures. Crisp detail and sculpts.

But there's only so much you're willing to go through for such bad service.

Offline Jonas

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • OUT OF PRINT!
    • Deathworld Adventures
« Reply #56 on: June 10, 2019, 09:14:46 PM »
Ordered a bit over a month ago and nothing has happened since.

I was sending emails and facebook mails, but no replies, so I gave up. Just made a paypal claim and no response to that either.

I needed the minis for a game at the end of this month, so I could not wait longer. So I order some alternatives to the ones I wanted, from Mirliton instead. They came right away.

I don't even need or want the models from BTD anymore.

Too bad, since they have a lot of great minis.

Offline Jonas

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • OUT OF PRINT!
    • Deathworld Adventures
« Reply #57 on: July 06, 2019, 11:54:56 AM »
Ordered a bit over a month ago and nothing has happened since.

I was sending emails and facebook mails, but no replies, so I gave up. Just made a paypal claim and no response to that either.

I needed the minis for a game at the end of this month, so I could not wait longer. So I order some alternatives to the ones I wanted, from Mirliton instead. They came right away.

I don't even need or want the models from BTD anymore.

Too bad, since they have a lot of great minis.

I actually ended up getting the miniatures. Black Tree communicated to me after I already had gotten the refund. I paid the minis of course.

Offline Shahbahraz

• Mastermind
    • A Lead Odyssey
« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2019, 12:11:25 PM »
Lucky you. I am still waiting for the additional MG pack missing from my order. Or the correct figures (Early War German infantry) for which they sent Late War figures.

It's now been over 6 months.  I got promised it would be rectified 3 months ago, and nothing further.

Seriously, BTD have failed to deliver the goods I paid for. In my book that makes them fraudulent.

Offline nicknorthstar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2019, 09:00:31 PM »
What's my issue with BlackT?

They are using Artizan Design WW2 figures as their header photo in Twitter

https://twitter.com/BTDMiniatures

I've asked them politely to remove it, but a week later it's still there.