Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:20:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686567
  • Total Topics: 118107
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Issues with Black Tree Design - ongoing  (Read 40923 times)

Offline Byblos

• Mad Scientist
  • Les Echelles du Levant ...
Issues with Black Tree Design - ongoing
« on: October 19, 2018, 12:36:33 PM »
Surprise : an issue with a BTD order !

I made an order nearly 5 monthes ago and non news, no minies ...

I contact them by their WebSite but no response ...

Could you know how i could contact them / made them react !?

Online katie

• Scientist
Re: Issue with Black Tree Design !?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2018, 05:52:54 PM »
They were not so bad for a while. Shipping reliably inside the 28 days and responding to emails and things.

And then they started being later and later and then went into "we took so long to ship this we forgot about it" and have to be nagged creatively.

Which is a pain because for a while I was ordering 100 quid of stuff at a time and I could do with some more things that only they make to go with them but, being British, I can't face the embarrassment of trying to make someone do a job I've already paid them to do...

Offline traveller

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2018, 06:51:23 PM »
Try to contact them on facebook/messenger. It worked for me:

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=491657

Offline Byblos

• Mad Scientist
  • Les Echelles du Levant ...
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2018, 07:25:20 PM »
OK i will try FaceBook !

Thanks !

Offline Ninefingers

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2018, 08:47:43 PM »
They've given bad service to customers for years, myself included. There is something fundamentally flawed in their business practice that they just don't seem bothered to change.

Offline jambo1

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2018, 06:05:18 AM »
Ordered from them once. took about 3 months to arrive, never ordered again. It's a shame because they have some great figures and plenty off them and always great sales running, but the time it takes to fulfill orders is just not worth the grief for me. :)

Offline Anselm van Helsing

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2018, 09:29:51 AM »
BTD has had problems for years. Sometimes it's good, and sometimes someone even gets a figure or two as a compensation for a delayed order. But mostly, they are just super slow and quiet.

A public complaint on their facebook page has worked for me earlier. They probably understand that looking bad costs money. Probably...  :)

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2018, 11:29:15 AM »
I have had both issues and fast service. Most recent was a order 1st Sept which hadn't been sent in October. Dropped them a line and got answer that they were waiting on one pack. They did send others within week however. Not sure where casting is done now I assumed the US but could be wrong but may explain some delays

Offline westwaller

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2018, 12:45:07 PM »
I've had good service (within about 3 days) and not so good too. I think the constant discounts work for them (people can't resist a discount) but not so well for the customer.
My most recent issue was a delay caused by low stock of one of the packs I wanted. However I gave them a poke on messenger and two people contacted me to explain the reason for the delay and my order came very soon after that.

Online katie

• Scientist
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2018, 01:14:09 PM »
It's this "needing to remind them" thing. I don't mind people taking a while to cast stuff or move it around the world or whatever.

It's needing to remind them that I even ordered before they'll complete work on things and the lack of any visibility of progress or ETAs.

They're not alone in this but they have been the ones running their business on the back of fag packets (apparently!) the longest.

I sometimes wonder about writing an web-based order management/casting workflow system for miniatures companies and just giving it away JUST so I can get figures when I want them... but I suspect the businesses which are struggling are exactly the ones who would decline to use it.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2018, 08:18:17 PM »
Ordered a year ago or so...received order (after about five weeks) with some incorrect items.  Never responded to emails or contact requests.  Go figure.  Really are an incredibly lazy and poorly run company.
2024 Painted Miniatures: 166
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline Shahbahraz

• Mastermind
    • A Lead Odyssey
Black Tree Design
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2019, 07:06:41 PM »
I thought I would write a short blog post about my experience with Black Tree Design. It might be of interest to other gamers.

It always surprises me just how brilliant most wargames companies are; they genuinely seem to be run by games, for gamers.  So here's my BTD story: 

https://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/2019/03/black-tree-design-order.html
Wargaming since the dark ages...

---https://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/---

Offline Shahbahraz

• Mastermind
    • A Lead Odyssey
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2019, 07:09:17 PM »
Current delay on my order is now three months, emails are unanswered, I am not on Facebook, and frankly I just want a refund. I would prefer to give my money to another company.

Offline fitterpete

• Mad Scientist
  • Maryland, U.S.A.
Re: Black Tree Design
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2019, 11:30:25 PM »
I've been waiting on a big order since December also. At first I was in good contact with them, always with promises of "next week ". 25 unanswered emails later I'm starting to get a little  pissed. I thought PayPal extended the dispute time from 45 days to 180?

Offline traveller

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2019, 10:52:39 AM »
They sre hopeless to deal with. I waited and waited, always with promises never fulfilled. When I finally got a delivery it was the wrong items....